Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Fix list after SP1

If you have the RXP GNS, you can turn on Autocourse in the ini file.

Thanks...got it.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guys, this one, you can do yourself... in the Gauge_KAS297VC.xml file, the altitude alerter code is as follows:

<!-- ALT ALERT HUNDRES -->

(L:ALT_ARM_SEL_ON,number) 1 == (L:CUSTOM_AUTOPILOT_AIRSPEED_HOLD_ALT, number) 1 == or

if{

950 1000 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,FEET) (L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) - abs rng 1 == (L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) 1 == and

if{ 1 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number) 0 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number)

1 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_LIGHT, bool)

}

250 300 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,FEET) (L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) - abs rng 1 ==

if{ 0 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_LIGHT, bool) 1 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) }

0 5 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE,FEET) (L:CUSTOM_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, feet) - abs rng 1 == (L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) 1 == and

if{ 1 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number) 0 (>L:GAUGE_ALT_ALERT_DENTRO, number) 0 (>L:ALT_VS_SEL_ON) 0 (>L:ALT_ARM_SEL_ON) }

}

The sound is caused by the: 1 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number) statements.  Once for 1000 feet, once for 0 feet.

If you do not want a sound to appear, change it to:  0 (>L:BUFFER_PC12_Alt, number)

If you have the RXP GNS, you can turn on Autocourse in the ini file.

Thanks Bert that works

The section about BUFFER_PC12_Altout

I do not understand it. What does it mean? That altout.wav file is playing at the wrong times, it should not play when approaching an assigned altitude.

And maybe you can help, sometimes during flight my avionics go to the self test page, I have to turn the avionics switches off then on again.

The section about BUFFER_PC12_Altout

I do not understand it. What does it mean? That altout.wav file is playing at the wrong times, it should not play when approaching an assigned altitude.

It plays the five tone alert when 300 feet from altitude.. if you do not want that, turn it off!

Now you understand the code, you can modify it to your own tastes  B)

Bert

Some good news...found the Passenger Oxygen switch over next to my seat.  Perhaps the passengers will breath a little easier.  Wouldn't it be nice to have someone sitting back there? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

What would they do?  If there is an event that's fired from the switch changing it could be fixable.  (Discovering what event, if any, is a different and difficult problem.)  Same with some of the overhead buttons.  If a non-functional button actually fires an event but does nothing it creates opportunities for people who like to fix things.

Yeah, not important. They implemented moving thingies in the Malibu Mirage and I found it useless.  It can stay there. 

Some more issues...

• Someone mentioned that TOGA doesn't work.  This seems to be completely broken.  It doesn't respond to the FSX TOGA event at all.  They seem to have skipped it. 
  • The NAV2 issue seems isolated to that the NAV 2 GNS seems to show data for the VOR selected in NAV1.  The NAV info in the EHSI appears correct (apart from the fact that it says LOC 2 instead of NAV 2).  So, if you manually tune an ILS you can't use a secondary DME source.
  • The aircraft creeps forward on Parking Brake.

NOTE:  It's weird that the RMI compass stays slaved but the EHSI does not.

I'm working on a LINDA module and here's some things from walking through the preflight checklist.  Some of these, I don't know if they're actually issues or my own misunderstandings.  Some may be minor.  Someone with greater knowledge of the airplane would have to say.

• Gen1 puts amps on both busses.  Gen2 seems to do nothing.
  • In terms of the overhead, is it working right on STBY BUS?  You turn it on then start turning things to AUTO and and verifying things are OFF but the only thing showing the switch state is the tooltip.  A real pilot...err...doesn't have tooltips...so the STBY BUS should put power? 
  • Cabin Pressure Controller doesn't work when power's off.  Or maybe it's just stuck like the other airplanes.
  • No sound from fuel pumps
  • Couldn't find the Oxygen Pressure Gauge
  • Couldn't find Passenger Oxygen switch.  CAWS PASS OXY is not illuminated (no oxygen for pax?)
  • Pilot window doesn't open...unusual for them to skip but whatever.
  • Is the PITOT HEAT CAWS message supposed to illuminate when Probes is on?
  • Not sure what the EIS system test is.
  • CAWS Pusher ICE MODE doesn't come on (I think)
  • In general, I think most of the CAWS Icing lights and messages don't work (except for Icing Boots, based on the tests in the checklist.

So, probably, some hefty areas of the prestart checklist will have to be ignored or rewritten.

CW/CCW switches turn the EHSI clockwise or counterclockwise when the associated AHRS is in its reversionary DG mode (not slaved).  When in DG mode, they behave just like a regular old Cessna DG.

The standby bus switch provides power to the standby busbar when toggled without the battery or external power being on.  The systems powered include VHF NAV/COM 1, aircraft audio/intercom, GPS (#1, if multiple are installed), and the avionics blower.  The overhead panel is also energized so you can review switch positions before the remainder of aircraft power is applied.

There is a sound from the fuel pumps in this model, albeit it's very, very soft.  It's certainly noticeably audible, especially with the engine off, on the real aircraft.  There is no question it's on.

Oxygen pressure gauge is behind on the left pilot's elbow side panel.  You have to move your eyepoint forward a bit to see it.

PASS OXY should illuminate green when adequate pressure is provided to passenger oxygen masks.

PITOT 1 and PITOT 2 illuminate on CAWS when those respective Pitot probe heaters have failed.

For what it's worth, pilot DV window is tough enough to close once it's open in real life, so probably better it stays closed.  I always find it annoying :P

EIS test is a display test for the EIS system.  When pushed, you should see all of the EIS bars fully populate, and all digits display an "8" (referenced as "looking for tapes and eights").  If there is a fault, a code can be displayed as well (can subsequently download the data for maintenance troubleshooting). 

PUSHER ICE MODE displays in green when the pusher computer is set to ice mode.  Pusher ice mode basically allows the shaker and pusher activation points to be shifted downward 8 degrees AOA for additional icing protection.  This mode is engaged when propeller de-icing is set to on and the inertial seperator is open.

Hope that helps.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Thanks so much for this!

CW/CCW switches turn the EHSI clockwise or counterclockwise when the associated AHRS is in its reversionary DG mode (not slaved). When in DG mode, they behave just like a regular old Cessna DG.

Umm.....

The standby bus switch provides power to the standby busbar when toggled without the battery or external power being on. The systems powered include VHF NAV/COM 1, aircraft audio/intercom, GPS (#1, if multiple are installed), and the avionics blower. The overhead panel is also energized so you can review switch positions before the remainder of aircraft power is applied.

So that doesn't work.

PITOT 1 and PITOT 2 illuminate on CAWS when those respective Pitot probe heaters have failed.

Good to know!

EIS test is a display test for the EIS system. When pushed, you should see all of the EIS bars fully populate, and all digits display an "8" (referenced as "looking for tapes and eights"). If there is a fault, a code can be displayed as well (can subsequently download the data for maintenance troubleshooting).

Good to know!

PUSHER ICE MODE displays in green when the pusher computer is set to ice mode. Pusher ice mode basically allows the shaker and pusher activation points to be shifted downward 8 degrees AOA for additional icing protection. This mode is engaged when propeller de-icing is set to on and the inertial seperator is open.

Ummm....

I need to walk through the checklist again tomorrow...iron it out some more so I understand it clearly.

Gregg Seipp

A couple more that need fixing:

-DH can be set to below 0'.  The DH should just disappear (turn off, no minimums call out) when set to 0'.

-Analog RMI heading and EHSI appear to vary by 5-10 degrees.

-ADF needle appears to update approximately once per second, so the needle stutters quite a bit (should be smooth).

Also, with the altitude preselect alert tone mod, I correctly get the 5-chime at 1000' prior to capture, however I receive it also at 300' prior to capture.  Is there a way to tweak this so that the 300' deviation alert only chimes after the dialed altitude is captured?  In other words, if I climb to 5000', I expect the alerter to sound the 5-chime at approximately 4000' (varies slightly within a tolerance based on speed and climb rate) then nothing else until 5000'.  It would sound again if I inadvertently climbed or descended to 5300'/4700' as an altitude deviation from what I had selected....or if I selected a new altitude and repeated the 1000'-to-go process.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Yep. I really hope they can introduce "Tapes and 8s", as I'd guess it's byond what Bert can do within the XMLs.   Would really add a touch of realism and quality.

Is this still the case after you've pressed 'D'?

Is this still the case after you've pressed 'D'?

Looks to me like the RMI is slaved (seems to stay aligned) and the EHSI is not. 

Gregg Seipp

I reran the Checklist again this morning...more carefully and with the information CaptKornDog shared.  I have to admit that the functionality is FAR more complete and has really improved since their King Air and other models around that time.  The following exceptions are noted.

• Stby Bus is not functional.  Turn on Batt 1 instead.
  • Ext Power is not functional but not really needed, per se.  Not important.
  • The Pilot Mask/Mic switch if not functional (it's over on the left where the mic plugs in but doesn't move).  Not important.
  • The Pusher Ice Mode doesn't work.  (The switch is on the yoke).  Interestingly, I think they made an attempt to implement it but the button functionality is hidden. 
  • The EIS test is not right at all but at least you see the test activate.  Everything should go to 8's and bars should light up.
  • The autopilot test is not right...you should see flashing lights and hear a voice (if you do you may want to go to the doctor).  But at least you get a lights test.  Also, the autopilot override test you do to verify that you can override the autopilot doesn't work (not many aircraft makers do that.)

Overall, that's fairly decent and a step up for Carenado.

For those of you looking for the Oxygen Gauge and Passenger Oxygen, they're over to the left of the pilot seat, slightly behind.  You have to swivel around quite far to see them.

ub1AYZS.jpg

One other thing that would have been really nice (though, not, technically, a checklist item) is seat adjustment.  In a training video for the PC12 there are these blue balls which, if they're similar to the Dash 8, are used to align your seat.  If that assumption is correct you would set your eyepoint to the bottom of the Whisky Compass.

XHlCPki.png

EDIT:  One more thing:  The fuel pumps do make a sound when they're turned on.  It's very, very faint, but it's there.

Gregg Seipp

I'm a little confused over the  Contact points to adjust the gear extension and retraction, I have 10 points in my .CFG do i need to add two more points ???

if someone who has modded it can share some insight or a screenshot  it would be Helpful.

The EHSI heading is affected by gyro drift in the sim.. 

If you have Gyro Drift set to off in the Realism settings, this should not affect you..

However if it still occurs, you can add a line to an Update section to check for drift, and reset the Gyro (same as pushing the "D" key).  I've added a separate post on this.

Bert

However if it still occurs, you can add a line to an Update section to check for drift, and reset the Gyro (same as pushing the "D" key). I've added a separate post on this.

Hi Bert,

Where did you post it?  I'd add it to my Mirage as well.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp