Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

Hi, thanks for all the Information here in this Thread. I have correctly installed the Driver and the ini File. Now my Question. I fly P3D 2.4 with a 2 Monitor Setup. My Monitor with Prepar 3D has a 1920 x 1080 Native Setup. Must I set this Monitor to a higher Resolution something like DSR 2715 x 1527 or can i leave the Settings normal and change only the Resolution in Prepar 3d Display Settings.

Can I fly in Window Mode or must I fly in Full Screen Mode?

Thanks

Oliver

"Must I set this Monitor to a higher Resolution "

No only in P3D menu - you will see new resolutions now - due to the new driver install

==================================================================

"Can I fly in Window Mode or must I fly in Full Screen Mode?"

Full screen only I think - who uses window mode lol  :)

Rich Sennett

No only in P3D menu - you will see new resolutions now - due to the new driver install

==================================================================

"Can I fly in Window Mode or must I fly in Full Screen Mode?"

Full screen only I think - who uses window mode lol  :)

Technically, P3D always runs in a window. The P3D fullscreen mode just eliminates the menu bars etc.

I can only get this to work in P3D by setting the desktop resolution.

FSX is a different story as this has an exclusive fullscreen mode and I can select the resolution in-game and it works fine.

"Technically, P3D always runs in a window. The P3D fullscreen mode just eliminates the menu bars etc."

Thats true always forget that - mine works just by setting it in P3D menu - so not sure whats going on on your end

Rich Sennett

OK, thanks for your Answers. I use 2 Monitors while some Programms run together with P3d and I can´t see them in a 1 Monitor Configuration without to close the P3d Window.

Thanks again

Oliver

Careful on modding your drivers.

NVidia has stated that getting older cards to work with DSR is not a simple task, and thus why they have delayed drivers for previous generation chips. If it was just as simple as throwing in some .inf file, then I guess Nvidia techs have no clue... But I doubt that's the case. Just use caution when pushing older chips.

Or maybe they just want to delay it in order to sell more 9xx cards before making it available to the others.

I can only get this to work in P3D by setting the desktop resolution.

Same here. Choosing only one the new resolutions bring by the DSR activation within P3D does change NOTHING. The only way to have the new resolution displayed is to change my Windows whole desktop. What did I done wrong ?

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Same here. Choosing only one the new resolutions bring by the DSR activation within P3D does change NOTHING. The only way to have the new resolution displayed is to change my Windows whole desktop. What did I done wrong ?

You need to ( alt + enter out of P3D - then minimize it to the desktop - then maximize it - then alt + enter back into P3D )

Rich Sennett

I'm confused, does this DSR feature work with the GTX-780ti?   I have two of them running in SLI (I completely understand P3D does not directly support SLI, I use SLI for other purposes).

DSR does nor run in sli - thats probably why its not working - it does work with gtx780 - double check the sli thing - not sure in some games it would probablly work but not P3D as it doesn't have any support for sli

Rich Sennett

You need to ( alt + enter out of P3D - then minimize it to the desktop - then maximize it - then alt + enter back into P3D )

What ? Going back and forth with Alt+Enter and/or adding maximize/minimize doesn't change anything...

DSR does nor run in sli - thats probably why its not working - it does work with gtx780 - double check the sli thing - not sure in some games it would probablly work but not P3D as it doesn't have any support for sli

I have two 770 configured in SLI and to continue on the fact that whatever the resolution choosen in P3D, my P3D stays at the Windows/desktop/OS resolution. The only way to have P3D displayed with DSR resolution is to change the Windows resolution.

Vincent B.

Can I get a reply from everyone who successfully installed this driver in Windows 8.1?

I'm very happy with my current setup, but if I can run DSR to get rid of the jaggies and faster FPS and a smoother flight, I'm all for it...

Just want to be sure it installs correctly in Windows 8.1

I had installed the modified driver on windows 8.1. You have to disable driver signature verification during win81 system start.

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

What ? Going back and forth with Alt+Enter and/or adding maximize/minimize doesn't change anything...

I have two 770 configured in SLI and to continue on the fact that whatever the resolution choosen in P3D, my P3D stays at the Windows/desktop/OS resolution. The only way to have P3D displayed with DSR resolution is to change the Windows resolution.

Do your homework on sli I dont think it works with it - but not sure - you do not use windows to change resolution - only 3pd - if that does not work then its the sli - are you seeing dsr options in your nvidia control panel ?

Rich Sennett

Do your homework on sli I dont think it works with it - but not sure - you do not use windows to change resolution - only 3pd - if that does not work then its the sli - are you seeing dsr options in your nvidia control panel ?

Not sure to understand everything... I - obviously - have the DSR resolution I tuned in my nVidia Control Panel and in P3D.

Anyway, I finally discovered how to make it work (select DSR resolution from *within* P3D changes P3D)

If "Black-out Desktop" (Options - Setting - Graphics - Full Screen Settings) is UNCHECK then P3D doesn't care of the selection Resolution. P3D fill my main monitor or rather actually remove the window's border and sizes the P3D to my main monitor size.

As soon as "Black-out Desktop" is CHECKED, then picking-up a DSR resolution within P3D changes P3D behaviour. Unfortunetly my second screen gets black in this case.

With "Black-out Desktop" checked, P3D behaves more like a real full screen being the only application using the video driver... If I unchecked "Black-out Desktop", 

Vincent B.

Someone might want to run some definitive tests because some things don't add up. I have two 780's in SLI. Running two monitors - one for flight and other for ASN, Plan-G, etc. Prior to DSR I manually set up a downsampling resolution of 2560x1400 in Nvidia CP and I could definitely see a positive effect in P3D in SLI mode.

Running DSR just effectively sets up another downsampling so I don't see that it WOULDN'T work in SLI mode.

That said, the resolution appears in P3D and I select it - haven't noticed any BIG change from my 2560 set but I also haven't noticed the text size reduction others mention.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Someone might want to run some definitive tests because some things don't add up. I have two 780's in SLI. Running two monitors - one for flight and other for ASN, Plan-G, etc. Prior to DSR I manually set up a downsampling resolution of 2560x1400 in Nvidia CP and I could definitely see a positive effect in P3D in SLI mode.

Running DSR just effectively sets up another downsampling so I don't see that it WOULDN'T work in SLI mode.

That said, the resolution appears in P3D and I select it - haven't noticed any BIG change from my 2560 set but I also haven't noticed the text size reduction others mention.

Vic

Hi Vic,

Thanks for posting this.  I have a very similar setup to the way you have done yours.  Could you please share how you installed DSR, settings etc. for those of us who are mentally challenged when dealing with this modification/addon.  I have not even tried to deal with it yet, I am starting from scratch. I am using the Nvidia 344.11 drivers, I presume I need to update to a later driver?

Thanks

John