Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

Richard, thank you for the heads up on this amazing process. Downloaded and followed your instuctions, the results were instantaneous and quite amazing. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a massive leap forward in graphics processing and can only get better with further driver updates. As an aside this also works great with other software, such as Alien Isolation, Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Thanks again.

Bruce, you don't need to touch anything else, there is a jump on the desktop as DSR kicks in and the sharpness is immediately noticeable. The MJC8Q400 looks fantastic.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Maybe I should test before asking.... but,

What is really the difference between DSR and SSAA in the context of P3D? As far as I check the following tech reviews DSR and SSAA are very very similar.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-970-maxwell,3941-2.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8526/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/6

I am particularty interested in performence cost. Is DSR as costly as SSAA in P3D? (if it is so DSR is not applicable for me since SSAA is already too heavy for me).

If the image quality in DSR is somehow much better than SSAA (does this mean that SSAA in P3D does not work so well?), I may conside to test DSR by reducing some graphic settings.

I've not yet tried this, have been working most of the w/end, but having read most of this thread plus the original thread over at Orbx, I have one question:

My understanding is that the new driver with the modified .inf gives new higher res options within P3D.  But I see references to "down-sampling" to get the res back to what the monitor wants... how is that done?  Is this just a matter of not changing the desktop res?  Or is there another tweak somewhere else that "downsamples" the picture to something that the monitor can work with?

Thanks,  Bruce.

I noticed when I change the resolution in P3D my windows is now maintaining that new higher resolution all you need to do is right mouse click on your desktop  and hit screen resolution  and return it back to default

Richard, thank you for the heads up on this amazing process. Downloaded and followed your instuctions, the results were instantaneous and quite amazing. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a massive leap forward in graphics processing and can only get better with further driver updates. As an aside this also works great with other software, such as Alien Isolation, Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen. Thanks again.

Bruce, you don't need to touch anything else, there is a jump on the desktop as DSR kicks in and the sharpness is immediately noticeable. The MJC8Q400 looks fantastic.

Your welcome but all thanks goes to Mark at orbx forums

Costly in my case depends on your aircraft of choice the lighters one no problem - I have noticed 319 bus just a little sluggish external view panning around aircraft - yet the FPS were fine - cs777 not loaded yet as I am trying to get my head around all of this - DSR or not this driver rocks using it without DSR

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard and SH...  hoping to try this later today...  need  more time in my days!  :)

Bruce.

Do you think guys the next desktop driver available will support DSR function, without need to use a modded inf or we'll have to wait a bit before use an official relesead driver?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I havnt tried it yet but I am curious. Hesitant simply because I have a cheap monitor and it seems to be that alot of this is quite subjective as per the users monitor and card. Monitor specs in particular would seem to handle and display this technology differently despite the same settings. Refresh rates, resolutions, response times, and quality of components may have an effect the way each of you are seeing the end result. Perhaps it would be helpful to post the monitor you use with some of the specs to see if there is any correlation between the ones that have "awesome results" compared to those that see it as lacklustre or did nothing. Just a thought. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Um, you guys do know that this is the exact same result as using SGSS in Inspector? The visual quality is the same because it is doing the exact same thing.  The only difference is that DSR allows you to use something other than 2X or 4X if you prefer. 

Here is a good discussion:  http://techreport.com/review/27102/maxwell-dynamic-super-resolution-explored

I still want to know if it's anything different than this:

Tried that and changed in game res to 2560x1400 when my native is 1920x1080, no diff in FSX.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Tried Richards method, and it works a treat in FSX :) Running 2517x1527 at DSR x 2.00 no increase or decrease in performance, have to run in Full screen mode, but wow this is Fabolous. Very Happy indeed and im running a GTX570.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I keep getting a driver has stopped error. Im at 2.0x res and 33% on a GTX780 and upped my res through cfg menu

You update res in sim menu not windows - hope you get it worked out - also lower that 2.0 to 1.2 sounds like monitor cant handle it or gpu

Tried Richards method, and it works a treat in FSX :) Running 2517x1527 at DSR x 2.00 no increase or decrease in performance, have to run in Full screen mode, but wow this is Fabolous. Very Happy indeed and im running a GTX570.

Great news - to me this just acts like an in game sweetfx to me anyway

Rich Sennett

I'll say it again: this is NOTHING NEW.  It's just super sampling, which has always been available via Nividia Inspector with the EXACT SAME IMAGE QUALITY and SAME FPS. I don't get why y'all are so excited about this.  It's exciting for games that cannot use supersampling, but FSX and P3D have always been able to.  

Richard .. i did everything install the driver. i see the driver install in the nvidia control panel but i dont have the 2 options for DSR ans % ... do i did something wrong 

The DSR discovery has advanced P3D even further IMO.  My weekend is now ruined.

Just ran into some volumetric fog...this looks awesome and no loss of FPS.

F-15EV24DSR-5_zps23cdf503.png

F-15EV24DSR-6_zps104830d5.png

Brian,

Which F15 is that.. awesome shots mate!