Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

DSR - WOW - Must See

Thanks Bill :) appreciate Pal

Nice clean shots Brian - I am noticing a completely smooth sim- not chasing things down to get it better its just working great

Rich Sennett

The DSR discovery has advanced P3D even further IMO.  My weekend is now ruined.

Just ran into some volumetric fog...this looks awesome and no loss of FPS.

F-15EV24DSR-5_zps23cdf503.png

F-15EV24DSR-6_zps104830d5.png

Edited by Flying01

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

The DSR discovery has advanced P3D even further IMO.  My weekend is now ruined.

Just ran into some volumetric fog...this looks awesome and no loss of FPS.

Excellent shots brother - have to try that - good job

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich.  I haven't had this much enjoyment since FS9, seriously.  One last shot down low in the middle of light fog....

F-15EV24DSR-7_zps0ade982a.png

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

AviatorBimmer, what resolution did you choose in P3D? 3840x2160 right?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes. I chose 3840x2160 and haven't looked back. P3D is performing like a charm, now!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Hello, for me Dsr dont work, I have still shimmering after I set the Dsr to 1.2 and 33%.

I already asked this question but nobody for who already works dsr asked my question and didnt help me.

I am very appreciated

Hello, for me Dsr dont work, I have still shimmering after I set the Dsr to 1.2 and 33%.

I already asked this question but nobody for who already works dsr asked my question and didnt help me.

I am very appreciated

This is all new to Us, most dont know exactly what to tell you including me - We just found out about it yesterday - search some non flightsim forums also

Also are you using P3D - not sure but I think this works better in P3D than in FSX as the P3D rendering system is different - someone else on the FSX side of things might want to chime in

Rich Sennett

I wonder, how are you making screenshots? By theory, DSR increases the rendered image to a specified resolution, then scales down at the output. So, if you make a screenshot, you are effectively making a screenshot of a higher resolution, not of an actual output. Are you using some tool like FCAT to make screenshots, have a capture card, or simply decrease the picture-resolution in some photo-tool?

This is all new to Us, most dont know exactly what to tell you including me - We just found out about it yesterday - search some non flightsim forums also

Also are you using P3D - not sure but I think this works better in P3D than in FSX as the P3D rendering system is different - someone else on the FSX side of things might want to chime in

I am using P3D of course.

Listen, my Nvidia Setitings is DSR to 1.2 and Smoothnes to 33% as already said.

My Monitor resolution is 1920*1080.

So in P3D settings, I set the resolution higher than my nativ resolution?

For me there is no change.

There are still shimmering on the runways, bridge etc.

My settings are 2MSAA and Filtering to 8, VSync off...

Since I have an older 570GTX and want DSR soo bad but found and article allowing DSR on Fermi and Kepler cards :)

http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/news/hardware/vgacards/32917-dynamic-super-resolution-already-for-fermi-epler-cards.html

Will try it out later to see if it works.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

By theory, DSR increases the rendered image to a specified resolution, then scales down at the output. So, if you make a screenshot, you are effectively making a screenshot of a higher resolution, not of an actual output.

Yes, if you want viewers to see your screens as you see them, then you need to scale the shots back down to the resolution you use, although its quite interesting to see the full size results. Also, the smoothing feature is not captured, and you get compression if you convert and reduce the file size for uploading, so the screenshot can't really convey what you see on your own monitor. This is why its best for people to try this for themselves, rather than judge from others captures.

Nvidia Setitings is DSR to 1.2

Try a higher scaler. 1.2x is not much of a resolution gain. Of course it needs to be a higher resolution than your display, or you won't gain anything.

Since I have an older 570GTX and want DSR soo bad but found and article allowing DSR on Fermi and Kepler cards :)

http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/news/hardware/vgacards/32917-dynamic-super-resolution-already-for-fermi-epler-cards.html

Will try it out later to see if it works.

tried with my GTX 460... doesn't seem to work , when I rebooted my computer the driver didn't worked and the monitor just showed black screen , had to go to safe mode and then revert back to the original driver...

BTW has anybody tried this with X-plane , really intrested to know how does combine with 2XSSAA  in XPX

tried with my GTX 460... doesn't seem to work , when I rebooted my computer the driver didn't worked and the monitor just showed black screen , had to go to safe mode and then revert back to the original driver...

BTW has anybody tried this with X-plane , really intrested to know how does combine with 2XSSAA  in XPX

WIll try later on today after work, hope it works for me :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Interested in this but has anyone done it from a 2560x1600 native resolution?  By setting my DSR to even 2x wouldn't my GPU (970) have to push 5120x3200 before it samples it back down to native resolution?

I guess I will have to try it to see...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

@ Rich, Mitch and others

Unfortunately DSR seems not to work here.

P3Dv2.4, 24''(1920x1080 native), GTX780, 344.24 driver with modified .inf is installed on win 81 (after disabling driver signature recognition in win81 start menu).

I see those two DSR entries in NV control panel and set it to 2x and 33% smoothness then I apply the new settings. In dectop screen resolution I see now 2715x1527 can be selected. The same is true for P3D menu. Here I choose the higher setting. But I still see jaggies and shimmering. In P3D menue MSAA is set to 4x, AF is set to 8x, FXAA is off.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Harry

Just another point. Should this topic not better be placed on the P3D general forum.?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).