Sign in to follow this  
akmatov

Power shuts off?

jjmp have you read this thread , 2 people have rreported the problem, I dont have it and I'm trying to help...

Jorge

I read this thread before you did...my first post was on October 12 and you came yesterday...

Me too I'm trying to help, I don't know what's happening, but what I can say is that is not a Carenado's fault...honestly, there's something you're not doing correctly...that's all I can say...no one else in other threads have reported this as an issue...and again, I've not experienced that...

I have fsx not p3d, maybe that is why cold and dark option is bugged for me.

I have FSX and cold and dark option is fine...when I load a flight I always click on cold and dark and start from there...in all the 60 flights I've done, I've not had this problem...reinstall the aircraft if the problem persists...

I read this thread before you did...my first post was on October 12 and you came yesterday...

Me too I'm trying to help, I don't know what's happening, but what I can say is that is not a Carenado's fault...honestly, there's something you're not doing correctly...that's all I can say...no one else in other threads have reported this as an issue...and again, I've not experienced that...

I have FSX and cold and dark option is fine...when I load a flight I always click on cold and dark and start from there...in all the 60 flights I've done, I've not had this problem...reinstall the aircraft if the problem persists...

Are you using the Reality-XP GPS?

C/D. Real World

STBY BUSS - ON (Some light and systems test can be done here, not modeled)

BAT1 Power - ON (Rest of system test done here, but it all works. Maybe in the future, maintenance and failures will be the next evolution in 3 party dev planes)

STARTER ENGAGE - NG 13% (10% in this sim is enough, and hangs there anyway) Condition lever to ground idel.

After engine start

GEN 1 - ON (Far left switch)

BAT 2 - ON

GEN 2 - ON (Far Right Switch)

Bottom row switches

INV (just inside of STBY BUS) - GEN 1  (FULL UP POSITION)

NON ESS - NORMAL (DOWN)

AV1 - ON

AV2 - ON

STBY BUSS - OFF.

You should read 7.0 AMP and 25 VDC on the overhead and on the engine console.

I flew for over six hours with no power outage... and you wont either. If it still happens, then there was a problem with the instal.

I should add... like someone said... complex planes may start with CTRL-E, but there is allot that can go wrong with that. The list above is simple, and the PC12 is one of the easier planes to start up with the PT6. Compared to the Citation X for example, its almost like starting your car.

You should read 7.0 AMP and 25 VDC on the overhead and on the engine console.

Agree.  I'm pretty sure this is the right stuff.  I haven't been flying the PC-12 the last few days but I'm pretty sure that even after starting the airplane with Ctrl-E that you still have to reach up and turn the generators on and check the volts and amps like you do with any airplane.  If the gauges are 0 you're running on battery which is going to run out at some point.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Are you using the Reality-XP GPS?

no...

Thanks for that HawkDsl!!!, that was as clear as water!!!, you guys can't go wrong with that...as I said before, there are not 100 buttons for a correct startup...

... Ok 777, so you land and power off everything? Do you power up like the list above for the second leg?

OT: One of the quirks I ran into was... I'm so used to feathering the props on shut down (CTRL-F1), and the PC12 has a fully automatic prop, and that will mess up next leg.. You do get a master warning during take off, so that's rather unexpected depth.

With Atlantic's engine mod, I now get something like 54 amps. I haven't read any POH's yet, so don't know what the story is on proper electrics.

Yes shut down, then power up again, everything fine until I reach cruising altitude then the avionics switch to the standby mode. I am using Atlantics engine mods though maybe that causes it.

777  I have found that after turning some things OFF they wont turn on again...the SW will move to the on but not paoduce the desired effect, if you have the 52.5A fix , and the GEN 1 or 2 dont turn on tjhat will drain the batt real quick. Try this  cold and dark turn the batts on and see if the Volt drop steadily...eventually the batt runs out and you wont be able to start unless you reload the AC..

Jorge

ps have a read of this..http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453392-battery-discharge/

Just want to add that I do ctrl-E to start engine (I know that's brutal but I'll be more patient later...), then flip on Gen1 and Gen2 on the overhead board. So far PC12 has been fine and I haven't run into any power troubles in couple hours long flight.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Just want to add that I do ctrl-E to start engine (I know that's brutal but I'll be more patient later...), then flip on Gen1 and Gen2 on the overhead board. So far PC12 has been fine and I haven't run into any power troubles in couple hours long flight.

I have a problem only on the 2nd leg of a flight. I can fly for hours just fine, problem comes up when I shut down and then start up again on my 2nd leg.

Well.. heck.

Must be y'alls version of the plane, because I don't have power problems at all. The only mod I've added was the Atlantic engine mod. My plane was dloaed after SP1.

I would delete the plane, re-dload from carenado, then add the mods. A Pain, but maybe the easiest solution.