Sign in to follow this  
NicolasTAP

New Nvidia driver 344.48 - WHQL

------------------------------------------------------------

"WOW...am I ever blown away at what you are stating.. jeez....."....

What is now rendered on my 1920x1200 screen (native) and boosted with DSR at 2X/33% is nothing that I have ever seen....cliffs...that look as though they are 3D, suburbs, with detail so clear...even at 2,800 feet, I can spot the different types of pools....rectangular, kidney, oval....all in the back yards...and the list goes on...highways...that looks so darn real...and for ONCE...the traffic looks the same...on and on....too many details to describe of pre-DSR and post-DSR.   You say you can not see any difference?   Wow.....  The default water textures (rolling swells)....waves....MAN...waves that now look like they are animated to the mind...on and on the list goes...  I no longer am running P3D v2.4...I think at what was..and now what is...is that it is P3D v2.4 -Deluxe Edition... :rolleyes:

Dang nVidia...you are MY HEROES!

Post a picture. I'm curious what you are seeing.

After multiple test flights, I have to be honest: I see absolutely no difference, whatsoever. Everything looks identical

Do you get the big mouse pointer? Also if you try a resolution that can't be used, the screen remains unchanged. Try 1.2x first. Press ALT+ENTER a couple of times to see if it switches in.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Do you get the big mouse pointer? Also if you try a resolution that can't be used, the screen remains unchanged. Try 1.2x first.

I did get a big mouse pointer. I'll try lower res...

Post a picture. I'm curious what you are seeing.

I would, but you can't capture the DSR screen output...or am I wrong about that?

I would, but you can't capture the DSR screen output...or am I wrong about that?

I think you are wrong. I did many shots to compare them. As exodus1977, I don't see almost any difference.

Could somebody take this vaseline off from my glasses, please!!! :lol:

I tested 33% and 2.0 with my setup (which normally i run surround mode at 5760x1080 with my 3, 24" screens).. so i set the main screen to 2715x1527 (in windows, assuming this has to be done as well)..

Then launched prepar3d v2.4.. full screen, things seemed too blurry, most likely the 33% setting.. I will also try 4.0 with 0% smoothness to see how that looks and performs.. saw no real drop in fps for single screen with the 2.0, 33%, but things did not look that much better, just smoothed out ala fxaa style.

One byproduct of all this.. i decided to try spanning the single window across all three 24" screens (non surround style).. yeah i know that DSR then has no effect if "windowed", but i discovered that some tree flickering that was there in full screen nvidia surround was no longer present and things were smoother (I have an issue with certain high-def cockpits like the p92 Eaglet, come carenado's etc, where at least in Xtreme Cities New Orleans, i get microstutters, the a2a 172 doesnt seem to have an issue).. most of the microstutter from these cockpits is smoothed out by running it spread over 3 screens.. downside being the 1" bar at the top of the screen (auto hide taskbar).. and if you try to hide the menu, the fps drops in half.

**update. If you hide it then right click and hold that popup there for two sec in the windshield area, it returns to normal fps Wo the menu bar

This less flickering window spread mode worked out nicely whether DSR was set or not (not that it mattered).

I would never run single screen, but it was an interesting test, one i may play around with more.. for now i'm debating 3 screen spread vs surround micro stuttering and more tree flicker (the window position is also not remembered on reload which is a downer).

EDIT: reran in surround mode, definite flicker in trees in the distance.. then back to non-surround, spread the window over 3 screens, its almost like night and day (if only there was a way to hide the titlebar and menu in window mode).. wondering if anyone else ever discovered this difference (or maybe its something newer to this new driver) Sidenote, if it was mentioned before, apologies.. newer version of nvidiainspector is out, version 1.9.73 (which under profiles i'm seeing a lot of new features)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Well, IT Loks live I Sound gibt this one a try whenever I find a minute ober the weekend.

Maybe someone can give a brief description of the Installation process?

Thanks in advance.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

he only thing I do like, which is an added benefit, is if I just use my native resolution and set to 33% smoothness, I get better FPS and it really is smooth... no stutters. Feels like its running at 60 FPS.

I don't want to question what you are seeing because you see what you see but the smoothness option has to do with the blurring of the image, making it look smoother, and nothing with smoothness in performance... If you enabled DSR but don't use the new resolution, I doubt if that smoothness setting does anything... and if it DOES something, it will only smoothen the graphics, not the performance.

But again, if things are running smoother, congratulations!  ^_^

I can spot the different types of pools....rectangular, kidney, oval....

Makes me wonder what was wrong with your setup before you installed this driver...  :rolleyes:  ^_^

I wonder if anyone else has seen the 'moving bloom' I posted about earlier on? I am flying the Aerosoft Airbus 318 and with DSR 2x/33% everything looked blurred but there was some white bloom moving around everything on the PFD, ND, etc. I lowered the smoothness but it didn't help and in the end I turned smoothness off which gave me jaggies all over... Performance felt more sluggish too. Makes you wonder why this does wonders for others. I have a GTX780 6GB btw. Maybe I will give it another try this weekend.

Maybe someone can give a brief description of the Installation process?

You simply install the new driver and that's it. You will get a DSR option in the nVidia Control Panel 3D setting. Enable it by choosing a setting (like 1.2x or 2.0x) and then you will also see a smoothness setting appear (which defaults to 33%). This setting is about IMAGE smoothening (blurring...) and NOT performance smoothing. Start P3D, go to your settings and select the new higher resolution you will see there (it's your highest res multiplied by your DSR setting) and that's it. I personally had to alt-enter to windowed mode and back again to actually get DSR to work. You will know when it works when the menu bar in P3D has shrinked in size. If it is the same size as before, DSR it not working. 

You can btw change settings on the fly, like smoothness: alt+enter to windowed mode, open the nVidia CP, change the settings, go back to P3D, alt-enter to P3D's full screen mode and you will see the effect immediately. So no need for a restart of P3D every time.

Guys anyone having DSR on a laptop with these drivers?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Guys anyone having DSR on a laptop with these drivers?

Got this on the guru3d forums from an nvidia guy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManuelG

DSR is not available on notebook GPUs at this time. This will come in a future update.

Very annoying

Makes me wonder what was wrong with your setup before you installed this driver..

Hi Jeroen,

Nothing was wrong...lol....there just was not the detail being produced pre DSR on my  1920x1200 monitor.  With oversampling at 2.0....WOW...WOW...and WOW! Sorry, but even running SGSS at 4.0 did not bring the total level of detail and clarity as the DSR algorithm is to the whole scene rendered, and with no loss of FPS.  WOW.... oh...and no moving bloom.  Just moving me to tears of joy....

The Happy Dance Guy....

I think you are wrong. I did many shots to compare them. As exodus1977, I don't see almost any difference.

Could somebody take this vaseline off from my glasses, please!!! :lol:

You were most right,  you can capture the post-DSR rendered screen output, and I have just loaded 16 pics of a dawn flight (rainy weather...:(  ) out of ORBX's Cushman Meadows, and then a landing towards the coast.  This is freakin' fabulous.....

Mitch

Since my monitor native res is 1680x1050, I really want to try this DSR thingy, believing that displays info in the cockpit will be readable. But I have two concerns - I use FSX in window mode, simply because I switch alot between OpusFSX, Maps, and other apps, so no fullscreen mode for me. And on top of all I've read in the drivers notes that alt-tabbing in FSX won't work in this version, so I'm confused a bit. I have gtx 560 btw.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

DSR is not available on notebook GPUs at this time. This will come in a future update.

Very annoying

very ver

very ver

Iron...it is here....everybody was using a hacked notebook driver to get DSR before it was officially released for a desktop driver.  Look at the first few pages of the DSR MUST SEE thread...and you can get set up.  You need a 500M and up driver I believe....

Iron...it is here....everybody was using a hacked notebook driver to get DSR before it was officially released for a desktop driver.  Look at the first few pages of the DSR MUST SEE thread...and you can get set up.  You need a 500M and up driver I believe....

Yeah got it. I always download from nvidia.in and this one from geforce.com