Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

Now it seems I can justify the transition to P3D and enjoy my NGX even more soon.

+1,

but remember that the NGX will just be a 1:1 portation (as SP1C) to P3D in the beginning.

For the NGX SP2 (including the T7 benefits) we will have to wait a while. Although I somehow have the feeling that this won't be too long... :ph34r:

But for sure: great to see all this exciting developments "everywhere" B)

I wonder if the performance of the T7 and NGX will be similar (in a positive sense) of that of the Dash 8 Q400. Would be great to get a comment from someone at PMDG or a tester.

I am not really bothered about someones opinion or assumptions - as we all know, an assumption is the mother of all "&%"&%".

Rene Spatz

Captain, I'm yours.

I might fume over the fact that as a P3D only simmer, I will have to buy a new full-price licence, although my paid for FSX download sits in storage.

But after the grumble I will buy, and the 737 when ported, and maybe the 747v2 although by now I think I'd prefer a 787.  It's real world impact makes that sensible, rather than the poor old 747 now headed for the knackers' yards.

I have P3Dv2 academic version, an  nVidia 790 and the result is a powerful versatile sim, and with a dedicated team at LM steadily improving and upgrading, it is always exciting.

Hello Everyone,  I put my hands up to mentioning impatience which I know is a human frailty BUT in this instance I feel justified in bringing up the question of when is the 747.v2 going to be released as we all have been waiting an age. I feel there is a degree of varience has cropped up as there seems to be more importance given to Prepar3D and XPlane recently and with the 777 now in disc format it has been put to bed leaving the question where is the 747v.2 in the list of development progress.  I am all in favour of advancement of products but surely the 747 must be at the top.

Hello Everyone,  I put my hands up to mentioning impatience which I know is a human frailty BUT in this instance I feel justified in bringing up the question of when is the 747.v2 going to be released as we all have been waiting an age. I feel there is a degree of varience has cropped up as there seems to be more importance given to Prepar3D and XPlane recently and with the 777 now in disc format it has been put to bed leaving the question where is the 747v.2 in the list of development progress.  I am all in favour of advancement of products but surely the 747 must be at the top.

Did you miss this?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451361-12sep14-general-update-on-many-topics/

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle,  I am not questioning your loyalty to PMDG and I have read the topic link you highlighted above, but you will notice that the link is dated 12.9.14 which is fully two months ago and no mention in the meantime of the 747 which if it was being worked on during this two month period, The Captain would surely have pointed this out by now and spoke of the progress, instead as stated work seems to be centred on Prepar3D which I realise a lot of simmers are looking for but not at the expense of the 747. which I for one would prefer to have than Prepar3D.  I dont wish this particular Topic to become protracted but I just wanted to make my point which is not unreasonable.  Excuse me but I just had a dictionary with my tea. Regards.

Hello Kyle,  I am not questioning your loyalty to PMDG and I have read the topic link you highlighted above, but you will notice that the link is dated 12.9.14 which is fully two months ago and no mention in the meantime of the 747 which if it was being worked on during this two month period, The Captain would surely have pointed this out by now and spoke of the progress, instead as stated work seems to be centred on Prepar3D which I realise a lot of simmers are looking for but not at the expense of the 747. which I for one would prefer to have than Prepar3D.  I dont wish this particular Topic to become protracted but I just wanted to make my point which is not unreasonable.  Excuse me but I just had a dictionary with my tea. Regards.

I think you're just misinterpreting the lack of a specific update as a lack of progress. Keep in mind that PMDG really doesn't release news unless there's specific news to be released. The fact that news has come about for P3D and XPlane, but not for the 744v2, doesn't mean that the work has taken precedence.

You'll note that the linked thread has RSR describing that it's the flagship of the company. Additionally, one of the ones you're assuming is taking precedence has this as a conclusion sentence: "We do not currently have a release timeframe because the developer leading this effort is also a key player in the 747-400V2 development process- and the 400 is a higher priority through the next couple of months..."

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Precision Manuals Design Group,

I was wondering if PMDG would consider developing the Boeing 777-200 (Standard short range version)/200ER(longer ranged version) for FSX and P3D as an expansion pack?  There are ER versions available, but I haven't seen the standard short range version of the 200 from any developer.   

Also, I was wondering with the 737NGX, could there be an option for the new scimitar winglets that are being installed by airlines?  

Thanks for the consideration,

Peter

Hello, I'm usually a reader... and after this, you might want me to return to just reading...

I share Richard's frustration and sympathise with him about the elusive 744v2. It has been touted for a few years now, and the man is justified in noting this.

However, I also understand this is aircraft won't be hurried and I understand some of reasons for the long lead time are:

1. The flightdeck ipod interface is proving difficult to interface with the yoke, but we're assured that the trim control will soon double up as a "next/prev track", and the AP disco switch will activate the shuffle.

2. There is a powerful psychology amongst many virtual aviation enthusiasts that demand the most realism and authenticity from their experience. Couple that with the promise of an awesome aircraft "soon", and you have an captive audience itching to tear its wallet open. Count me in that contingent.

As a PMDG customer since that fateful August in '05, when the launch of the 744v1 smashed through the PMDG homepage  - I say only this:

Flash your knickers, and show us V2. Just a quick look ;)

Thanks.

Anyone notice the price on their web site?

Welcome to the forum! You need to sign your name to your posts or they may be deleted by a moderator. Just a friendly heads up.

The $350 million price tag is a joke that PMDG made before the 777 was released for FSX. They'll change it to the real price when they determine the price near the end of the development cycle.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I share Richard's frustration and sympathise with him about the elusive 744v2. It has been touted for a few years now, and the man is justified in noting this.

Again - just because there isn't news doesn't mean there's no progress. If you've been following since the original 744 (as I have), you'd know this.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I agree with your reasoning and logic. It's an issue of seeing something, and whilst you and I are happy to wait on an indefinite basis - we do so out of choice. It doesn't mean we prefer to ;)

Also seem to recall 747v2 was considered top prio after the latest 777 service pack - but somehow the p3d 777 (welcome as it was for many) took the limelight, and it appears the queen drifts down the list.

Their choice, not mine, and I'm not complaining :) - just sharing my thoughts...

I'm certain it will be worth the wait - much like the "one bus a week" would be to some parts of rural England ;)

Have a great day!

Also seem to recall 747v2 was considered top prio after the latest 777 service pack - but somehow the p3d 777 (welcome as it was for many) took the limelight, and it appears the queen drifts down the list.

I never saw them make any reference towards there only being one development team within PMDG?

There have been MANY hints that the 744v2 is on track, though.

I'll leave you to your own conclusions about those two sentences ;-)