Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

a 64bit p3d would take care of OOM issues, but because that VAS limit is gone, devs can now use whatever memory they need to access for the features they want to do. From my understanding. Im no programmer. 

Im sure it will be here one day , but the transition will probably be slower than what we saw with XPX and I think it has to do with the original code.   The addons for xpx 32 bit had a fairly quick conversion to 64bit if I recall watching it unfold. 

Perhaps different for the fsx to p3d path. 

Nevertheless, just having a premium dev supporting this awesome sim is a huge step for the hobby. It will be quite something to have a pmdg quality aircraft in this sim seeing that the VAS management has improved amongst many other things. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I wonder how many flight simmers ACTUALLY qualify to use Prepar3D under the terms stipulated in the EULA? I'll tell you....NONE! Because Prepar3D is a training aid and flight simmers use flight simulator as a hobby. Hobby equals entertainment, not training. I'm sure PMDG is going to have similar terms in their EULA as Prepar3D does in theirs. I did some research when the hype about Prepar3D took off a while ago and this is a simple example of the terms of use. If a real world pilot use flight simulator for both training and hobby, and have both FSX and Prepar3D on the same computer. The only time they can use Prepar3D, is when they're using it for training. Example, recurrency training and nothing else. Students can only use it for research and study, nothing else. If you want to be sure, ask LM if flying an aircraft from point A to B and simulating what airline pilots do, for your enjoyment, is acceptable use of the software. If they say yes, then Prepar3D might be the next sim. Otherwise, it's not!

Wow, you're right! If you do something as audacious as give Lockheed Martin money to play pilot at your computer, the LM S.W.A.T team will come crashing through your windows!

Give me a break. Simmers have been using P3D for some time as, for all intents and purposes, a 'hobby' product, and I have not heard anything about lawsuits or even angry letters from LM. If I buy P3D, there is really no way to prove that I am not using it for learning purposes, and as long as the money keeps flowing in their direction I doubt they care. If it really bugs you that much, don't visit AVSIM so you don't have to hear about all this nefarious rule breaking. 

4) We anticipate the PMDG 737NGX product line being released for Prepar3D sometime during 1Q15.  It will be a straight port of the existing version and will not include any major changes/additions from the existing FSX version.  (We will be working on a much larger update for that product in both the FSX and P3D formats at a later date- but we haven't scheduled the development resources for this yet... stay tuned for more information...)

I suspect that can indicate the NGX WX Radar can get in the P3D version before than in the FSX one, if it ever mades to FSX.

I'm sorry, but that radar is what everybody wants in the NGX, you could do an SP1d instead of an SP2, simmers would be more happy.

I don't think it takes so much effort to do it compared to moving the 777 to P3D, which, in the long run, has the same major issue than FSX, OOM errors. We are stuck in the same place, again.

Anyway, somehow happy that developers are moving forwards to 'new' sims.

Regards, Pau Daniel.

Is the secret projecto for FSX PD3d or Xplane Robert, thanks

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I never said you can't! Simmers have been doing it but they're doing so at their own risk. The EULA is an agreement that protects the companies within the confines of the law and you agree to it and what it stipulates. LM and PMDG have nothing to worry, but you do. If you don't use the software for it's intended purpose as stated in the EULA. The companies are not going to tell don't buy it, because like you said, as long as the "money keeps flowing" . But if it comes to a legal matter, you're the one in trouble, not them!

Give me a break. Simmers have been using P3D for some time as, for all intents and purposes, a 'hobby' product, and I have not heard anything about lawsuits or even angry letters from LM. If I buy P3D, there is really no way to prove that I am not using it for learning purposes, and as long as the money keeps flowing in their direction I doubt they care. If it really bugs you that much, don't visit AVSIM so you don't have to hear about all this nefarious rule breaking. 

He does have a point. Lockheed is rather clear about the proper and improper uses are on their site. If anyone doesn't fit within the proper uses, they should not be using the product regardless of the likelihood of their being caught. It's the same as illegal downloading of music. Just because you're unlikely to get caught doesn't make it right.

It's not a hobby product. It has never been a hobby product. If the person didn't use ESP over FSX before, chances are that they probably shouldn't be using it now.

If anything, though, he has more of a legitimate opinion on these fora here. Publicly noting a disregard of EULAs could be seen as advocating EULA-busting, which is against the AVSIM ToS. Not sayin, but I'm sayin'...

Kyle Rodgers

PMDG are not forcing you to move to P3D, if you don't want to pay twice for the same product don't move from FSX.

How many people brought the PSS products for FS9 and are now using FSX? Are you going to ask PSS for your money back because you no longer use their product? (Naturally you can't as they closed their doors)

I have paid for several products I no longer use, but the choice to change sims was mine, and that's something I have to deal with, and so will you If you choose to change.

Regards

Kirk

Gents-

I'm sure I will say this a few more times over the next couple of months- but let me be (uncharacteristically) direct and blunt on the issue of Lockheed Martin's EULA:

The EULA that comes with Lockheed Martin's products is between Lockheed and their customers.  PMDG is not going to interpret it, clarify it, or explain it to you.  If you have questions about their EULA, you should bring it up with them.  If you have an opinion about it- you are welcome to voice it elsewhere- but you are not welcome to voice it here.

I hope that is direct and specific enough?

I suspect that can indicate the NGX WX Radar can get in the P3D version before than in the FSX one, if it ever mades to FSX.

I'm sorry, but that radar is what everybody wants in the NGX, you could do an SP1d instead of an SP2, simmers would be more happy.

I don't think it takes so much effort to do it compared to moving the 777 to P3D, which, in the long run, has the same major issue than FSX, OOM errors. We are stuck in the same place, again.

Anyway, somehow happy that developers are moving forwards to 'new' sims.

Regards, Pau Daniel.

Pau Daniel-

You started out one of your sentences with the phrase, "I'm sorry but" and then launched into a conjecture that is almost entirely ill informed- so I am going to do the same.

I'm sorry but you haven't a clue about what may or may not be involved in our development process, and as such it would be beneficial if you refrained from making categorical statements such as "I don't think it takes so much effort as...."

You haven't a clue about what it will take- so all of us would be better served if you please did not try to tell us what is easy...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi there,

I for one am looking forward to flying the 777 in P3D.... I do however have a concern with this product and that is performance.  I have noticed that some "other" complex aircraft in P3D take a real frame rate hit.

More so then in FSX.  Do not get me wrong, I am not after sky high FPS but to have it hover between 15 to 20 in P3d

will make for a poor flying experience whichever way you slice to cake.

Currently (with SP1c) installed in FSX I sit around 35 FPS give or take 5 frames. ... And because it doesn't fluctuate wildly I am experiencing very smooth flights with the 777

My question to you Robert is how this product performs in P3D ? (keeping in mind that I'll be happy with anything mid 20's)

Kind Regards,  Rick Melcher

Hi there,

I for one am looking forward to flying the 777 in P3D.... I do however have a concern with this product and that is performance.  I have noticed that some "other" complex aircraft in P3D take a real frame rate hit.

If you were talking about iFly's 737 I wouldn't be surprised as it takes a very serious FPS hit in dx10 here, whereas PMDG737 performs surprisingly well in dx10. Under dx9 they are similar fps-wise.

Dirk.

Hi there,

More so then in FSX.  Do not get me wrong, I am not after sky high FPS but to have it hover between 15 to 20 in P3d

will make for a poor flying experience whichever way you slice to cake.

Currently (with SP1c) installed in FSX I sit around 35 FPS give or take 5 frames. ... And because it doesn't fluctuate wildly I am experiencing very smooth flights with the 777

My question to you Robert is how this product performs in P3D ? (keeping in mind that I'll be happy with anything mid 20's)

Kind Regards,  Rick Melcher

What also should be taken into consideration when receiving a reply from Robert, is what scenery he has loaded.

Would be great if he can do an EU flight with available ORBX layers (Global, Vector, LC and FS Global Mesh) and possibly do a short hop from a payware airport that is P3D compatible such as Dublin, Helsinki, Düsseldorf or Geneva and fly into EGLL Xtended in conjuction with the "usual" UK weather (overcast/raining) using Active Sky Next.

Almost most people will get very high FPS with stock standard scenery in the 777 or 737 in FSX. But right now when I do a flight from lets say LSZH to EGLL (on VATSIM, so add some traffic please), I have to deactivate all other airports I fly over, otherwise I will have heavy FPS impact or even OOM coming into EGLL Xtended.

Back to the 777... I am excited, anyone else :)  I think my first flight will be Dubai to Houston.

Back to the 777... I am excited, anyone else :)  I think my first flight will be Dubai to Houston.

Nice!!! And you get all this and more...but wait, there is even more if you buy "today"...we will throw in a no-OOM gurantee. Yes you heard right, a zero-oom-guarantee absolutely free!

haha

Ha! ; There is some truth to that :) Though I seem to have found good settings. Last weekend I flew the CS 777 on an 18 hour flight from PHNL to OMDB. Not all pay ware is equal and I have found the newer airports like KDEN take up less VAS.