Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25OCT14 - First Glance at PMDG 777-200 for Prepar3D

That is seriously beautiful work guys.  Please... please give the 737NGX this loving treatment.   It is the work horse of the Boeing fleet and needs to be perfected in P3D.   Looks like the 777 will be in my collection finally.  :)

Brian thinking it will be pretty much the same as it is now - VC shadows will be implemented one would think but beyond that not much more - as Rob has stated it will just be ported over 

Richard-

We are looking at some promotional pricing options for folks who want to move to a new platform from FSX- but precisely how those will work and what limitations they may have is still being evaluated.

Hi Rob thanks for the reply - as I no longer use fsx - I did purchase T777 for fsx do I fall under this umbrella:

We are looking at some promotional pricing options for folks who want to move to a new platform from FSX

======================================================================================

On a side note the reason I went to P3D due to the stuttering with the T777 in FSX - didnt get to use it much - even upgraded all of my hardware except for my Titan and that didnt help - but that will change as I know you guys will knock it out of the park in P3D

Rich Sennett

Great news, I can't wait for 747 V2. I used to not be a fan of long haul, but the T7 changed all of that. Also, really glad to see that the NGX is planned for an update at a later date, as she is still my favorite sim.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Gents-

I'd like to get your help disabusing folks of one particular notion that seems to have taken hold:

Memory use by the 777 is not significantly larger than the NGX.  Obviously, it will vary slightly from user to user and depend upon things such as options selected and livery- but the reality is that the two products are in the statistical margin when it comes to memory use.

When we analyze the memory use of folks who reach out to us with problems- we frequently find that the users have huge amounts of "photo texture" scenery loaded in the sim.  What lots of simmers don't understand is that a flaw in the programming of FSX causes the sim to load ALL of that scenery into memory- even if you are nowhere near it.

So for example- if I load texture scenery for the entire state of California into FSX- then load the sim and fly EGLL-EHAM- all of that texture scenery is getting loaded and contributing to my VAS use.

It isn't convenient, or fun- but if you are planning a long haul flight in the PMDG 777- I recommend stripping your scenery down to the stuff you know will interact with your flight- and turn the rest off...

When I take the 777 out for a run- this has become my normal pre-sim check and I hardly every see VAS problems even when flying between incredibly detailed cities.

I don't have enough experience with P3D to know if this problem has been mitigated, but I am eager to find out!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

"It isn't convenient, or fun- but if you are planning a long haul flight in the PMDG 777- I recommend stripping your scenery down to the stuff you know will interact with your flight- and turn the rest off..."

I always do this - just a pet peeve of mine - including aircraft folder anything not going to be used is not present in that folder usually a few light aircraft and my pmdg's - scenery library everything ticked off except the area I am flying in - common practice on my rig as for memory use I have never had a problem with that - just annoying panning stutters - I blame fsx code for that - ok I'm done

Rich Sennett

It's good news that it will be possible, for a fee, to transition from FSX to P3D (ie not having to pay full price, twice).  Thanks for that.

sig01.png

robert, as much as I respect your opinion, Is it really correct that FSX loads _all_ photoscenery into VAS? I have hundreds of Gb of photoscenery, and it is a physical impossibility for it all to be able to fit into the 32bit 4Gb limit! It may use more VAS than something else but it cant load it all at once, or is there something wierd going on? Of course, when we get 64bit, it wont make any difference! I will almost certainly be upgrading my NGX to P3D2 as I use that sim exclusively for the past year and have missed a bit of NGX action. Thanks for the informative note K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I wonder how many flight simmers ACTUALLY qualify to use Prepar3D under the terms stipulated in the EULA? I'll tell you....NONE! Because Prepar3D is a training aid and flight simmers use flight simulator as a hobby. Hobby equals entertainment, not training. I'm sure PMDG is going to have similar terms in their EULA as Prepar3D does in theirs. I did some research when the hype about Prepar3D took off a while ago and this is a simple example of the terms of use. If a real world pilot use flight simulator for both training and hobby, and have both FSX and Prepar3D on the same computer. The only time they can use Prepar3D, is when they're using it for training. Example, recurrency training and nothing else. Students can only use it for research and study, nothing else. If you want to be sure, ask LM if flying an aircraft from point A to B and simulating what airline pilots do, for your enjoyment, is acceptable use of the software. If they say yes, then Prepar3D might be the next sim. Otherwise, it's not!

Already the whole reason, but with all respect, the question is that the simmers we it buy

Just a friendly reminder that AVSIM has changed its signature policy and kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Rob,

Thanks for the tip on the Scenery. That's brilliant, and from now on I will disable all scenery, and enable only the city pairs in which I am flying!

Peter Osborn

Another question 777/200 and 300 already to the sale for P3D? What happens is that they cost 350.000.000 millions

I think that's PMDG joking about the price.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Haha. They will be selling it at close to 100% discount. So you get it almost for free

@grumman87

But you cannot in your signature. Not to worry. I will remove them for you.

EDIT: Removed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

surely a 64 bit prepar3d will rule our these OOM issues, no?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg