Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Cannot Start FS2Crew 777

The FS2Crew volume?

No Bryan, FSX Volume. When clicking any dial, button and even parking brake, the cockpit volume decreases. I only have ASN running. My FSX computer is strictly  FSX., no Skype or any other fancy addons running. Apart from ASN, anything else is via wideFS

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

No Bryan, FSX Volume. When clicking any dial, button and even parking brake, the cockpit volume decreases. I only have ASN running. My FSX computer is strictly  FSX., no Skype or any other fancy addons running. Apart from ASN, anything else is via wideFS

I'm not sure I'm afraid.  You might want to also ask PMDG.  Maybe they have an idea.

It was fine till I installed FS2Crew. Will keep troubleshooting.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Maybe a FS2Crew assigned key command is somehow connected to a volume command?

Yes, could be. I'll nail it :)

The manual is right. It says to assign a key or button to the auto feather to open and close the panel. The alternate static source and prop sync is used for the primary and secondary buttons for the button control

The manual must be wrong. It definitely says Alternate Static but I just changed the Main button to Autofeather and it worked. Thanks for the help, hopefully Bryan can clear this up for other users.

Don't know where your got your information from since this is what I got  from the manual

Opening and Closing the Main Panel

Unlike in other versions of FS2Crew, you cannot open the FS2Crew Main Panel by clicking an area on the instrument panel.  This is due to a technical limitation

with the PMDG 777 since it only uses a VC cockpit.

The only way to open the Main Panel is by creating a keyboard/joystick assignment as shown below:

Create a joystick or keyboard button assignment for 'AUTOFEATHER (ARM/OFF)' in the FSX 'SETTINGS - CONTROLS' menu.

You can select any Joystick or Keyboard assignment (or both).

If using a keyboard assignment, we recommend using a single key, like the letter "C", instead of a complex combination.

You may need to over-write an existing FS key assignment.  The majority of the FS key assignments you'll never use, so it's rarely a problem

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi all, not sure if this a fs2 crew problem or not,when i assign C to autofeather(arm/off) to bring up the main panel then go to aircraft it works fine.Once i close FSX then restart the setting for C has not been saved,i have tried saving other keystrokes to other tasks and they also do not save.the assignments for alternate static source and prop sync were assigned some time ago when i installed fs2crew for the NGX so i do not have a problem there.Any help would me much appreciated

Gary Stallard

Sounds like fsx is not saving your settings which could be  due  to a couple of reasons being your uac  is turned on and your not running fsx as admin

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

couple of reasons being your uac  is turned on and your not running fsx as admin

That... always run FSX as an Admin.  And fully disable User Account Control, too.

About 50 percent of our support issues are associated with people not running FSX as an Admin and encountering write permission issues as a result.

It's also a good idea to never install FSX into the Program Files folder.

And try making the key assignments before the aircraft is loaded.

It was fine till I installed FS2Crew. Will keep troubleshooting.

Same here, Julian, like I reported late last night/early morning, and like you I had nothing running asides from FSX. I have tested the sound without FSX or anything else, and it is at normal Windows playback levels. It's only when firing up the FS2Crew and trying to run the Brief, I can barely hear that PF. And yet, it worked fine at the very first time I used this FS2Crew add-on. It's thereafter it has dropped volume levels.

And yet, it worked fine at the very first time I used this FS2Crew add-on.

So it worked the first time, then it changed in the 777 by itself?

What are your volume levels at on the FS2Crew Main Panel?

My volume are like this:

Windows Volume:  Max

Speaker Volume Knob: Normal Level

FS2Crew Volume: 5

Try those type of settings.

Rick, the sound in FS2Crew is fine for me. My issue is the cockpit sound. I think it maybe a sound issue in the realtek software, and found an enhancement ticked which should be unticked. Late now, but will test tomorrow. No idea how it got ticked, but nothing surprises me any more. Could have been ticked by a accidental key command.

Hi guys thanks for all your suggestions as to my problems,after much searching online i found someone else who had the same problem.The answer was to delete the standard xml folder that resides c/users/gary/microsoft/fsx/controls.FSX will create a new one when it is launched putting the controls to default then just a case of resetting to your choice.Don't you just love FSX!anyway fs2crew working perfect now

Gary Stallard

Hi guys thanks for all your suggestions as to my problems,after much searching online i found someone else who had the same problem.The answer was to delete the standard xml folder that resides c/users/gary/microsoft/fsx/controls.FSX will create a new one when it is launched putting the controls to default then just a case of resetting to your choice.Don't you just love FSX!anyway fs2crew working perfect now

Cool, glad you got it sorted.  Never heard of that one before  B)