Sign in to follow this  
Alex L

Upcoming A2A Cessna 182T Skylane Accu-Sim Aircraft

it's another slow "floater"

Must admit that, now, after realising what the suffix T was denoting, I feel the same. I do see that details got added (fuses, cowl flaps, avionics options) but I don't see another normally aspirated engine flying different missions than the four cylinder variant.

I wrote in another thread that some A2A twin engines would be my next wish. I also admit that, after they've released some real great GA planes, their warbird business became unattractive. Maybe except for the Civilian Mustang.

Therefore, good move on finally picking GA renditions and hopefully more to come. :smile:

Must admit that, now, after realising what the suffix T was denoting, I feel the same. I do see that details got added (fuses, cowl flaps, avionics options) but I don't see another normally aspirated engine flying different missions than the four cylinder variant.

I wrote in another thread that some A2A twin engines would be my next wish. I also admit that, after they've released some real great GA planes, their warbird business became unattractive. Maybe except for the Civilian Mustang.

Therefore, good move on finally picking GA renditions and hopefully more to come. :smile:

I agree that GA is the way to go and I'm really happy for A2A with their latest release it's just personally I wished for something a bit different. The last thing I want to see in the next release is another semi-modern light GA plane. Believe it or not, my favourite A2A is STILL the J-3 Cub closely followed by the cherokee. Even though the Cub is a very simple aircraft there is just something about it that makes me come back over and over again. I wish they'd do a overhaul on the Cub, add some more accu-sim fidelity and maybe some extra gear for it and touch up the model (not that it's really needed). I'd pay good money for that!

I know where some of you guys are coming from.  But for me, it's a case of being 'in to' the overall quality level and immersion I get from A2A's GA aircraft (no interest in old warbirds)....   - Although with most developers (thinking mainly Carabeo here), I decide whether to purchase or not depending on the model offered -......... with A2A, I buy it because it's A2A, because it's Accusimmed.   I'll know I'm getting a realistic immersive aircraft, regrdless of type.   So I'll buy each and every release, whether it's a Jabiru, Drifter Ultralight, or a SR22 or Cessna 400.     Not because I'm a fanboi but because it's the immersion and quality that I value with A2A, more than the types offered.

I absolutely understand your notion, Craig. I wonder if you and addman would join in on wishing for a dev like A2A to produce either a twin or.. a Lancair Evo Turbine. B) Ok, I admit it, this is off topic.

I absolutely understand your notion, Craig. I wonder if you and addman would join in on wishing for a dev like A2A to produce either a twin or.. a Lancair Evo Turbine. B) Ok, I admit it, this is off topic.

Yeah, off topic, but I'd be down for a Baron.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Or a Turbine Duke v2? :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not sure, the Accusim stuff seems different and we haven't seen it on turbines yet. Must say that I like the current T Duke as it is. Really good plane.

Edited. No worries, my turbine related posts are more of a :P  way to make room for even more cool turbine planes. One can not have enough. An Accusim Baron (or any light twin) would be very welcome, although I like my Milviz one a lot.

Love the Turbine Duke!  Never could get used to the green glass in the Milviz twins.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Oh absolutely definitely! ..... A fast twin piston would be my first choice for the next A2A release! :smile:   (A Cessna C340 would be my fave).

But I'll take anything they create*.

*except military. 

A Cessna C340 would be my fave

Or a Golden Eagle.  We can dream.

Gregg Seipp

A2A have said they are collecting test data on a Piper Seminole that they would like to create.  That would be excellent.  ^_^