Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

777 OOM - depleted VAS (my brand)

So far impossible to complete a OMDB-KLAX flight..... VAS steadily increasing and OOM appears after 3/4 of the flight as everybody gets.

You should consider FSX-SE, I am quickly becoming sold on it When it comes down to it, when used in DX10 mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer, the only significant feature you lose from P3D is the cloud to ground shadows. Thanks to a newly found hidden FSX config setting  (ForceVCShadowMap =1) you can now get the same VC Shadows in all aircraft, except for the NGX (Because of a solid box around the cockpit for the HGS to work. P3D version may also be the same) that you get in P3D. Thanks to the improved VAS management of the terrain cache in FSX-SE though, VAS stays steady enroute, giving that extra needed push to make it to your destination without OOMing.

Tom Cain 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Brian,

Nice to know but I'll stick with P3D , I just spent a few hundred bucks on add-ons and besides this T7 PMDG causing OOM's I am pretty happy of my sim !

Btw just tried a LEZG-MMMX and this time it was not an OOM but the sim crashed as I was approaching the bahamas... :(

T7 PMDG causing OOM'

You are going to have to adjust your settings in P3D.  They are not the same settings as in FSX.  I have flown several long hauls now in v2.5 with over 1 GB of VAS remaining at arrival gate, for example:

KMIA-SBGR

PANC-KMEM

KMEM-PANC

VABB-KEWR (850 MB VAS remaining, 16 hour flight, UAL49)

KMIA-EHAM

All of these flights with FTX Global, Rex 4 TD, and ASN and default scenery settings (LOD, texture, autogen).  I have experienced the VAS leak in P3D flying into KLAX however.  KMIA to KLAX parked at gate with only 450 MB VAS left.  There was a significant leak the entire flight when compared to the other routes.

Ryan

Thank you jack,

so there's a way out of OOM , but then would you mind to share with us your tweaks ?

btw just landed the beast in KMRY coming from EBLG ( 10h54 FLT ).... But with AI traffic at 0% , VAS was at 3.1 at T/O, then increased to 3.6 during cruise and increased slightly more to 3880 at the end of the flight.... Just made it. No specific tweaks on the .cfg and most details of Global vector OFF...

Thanks

I have experienced the VAS leak in P3D flying into KLAX however. KMIA to KLAX parked at gate with only 450 MB VAS left. There was a significant leak the entire flight when compared to the other routes.

Good info to know. Thanks for sharing.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

To the original topic starter, thank you for sharing sounds very promissing. I had recently started using the PMDG777 and was shocked at how was the VAS usage was compared to other addons. I could not do a simple flight from UK2000 Heathrow to Paris default! because VAS was at 4GB on arrival (all othe addon airports di-activated in the scenery library).

I run DX10 fixer which helps a lot with VAS, I have see VAS go down as I fly in the cruise with other addons but not the 777. So I just jumped and uninstalled ASN and re-installed a new download of ASN latest version Build 5410. Will try it out soon. Thanks for sharing.

You should consider FSX-SE, I am quickly becoming sold on it

Hi Tom can you answer three questions. FSX-SE is getting a lot of good reports, I am getting tempted.

1 did you uninstall your FSX before installing FSX-SE?

2 can you install FSX-SE on a seperate drive of your choice or does steam not let you?

3 have you had any problems with any of your must have addons not working yet?

Cheers

Seb

Hi Tom can you answer three questions. FSX-SE is getting a lot of good reports, I am getting tempted.

1 did you uninstall your FSX before installing FSX-SE?

No I have a dual install.

2 can you install FSX-SE on a seperate drive of your choice or does steam not let you?

Yes I have my SE edition on a different drive

3 have you had any problems with any of your must have addons not working yet?

Right now I only have issues with ASN, but it's a Beta release. Getting ASN can't control ambient weather errors, they should be resolved (Hopefully) when ready for official release.. The other addon I would like to work, "Shade"   does not appear to be compatible at this time. No issue with scenery or texture addons, o the Aerosoft Airbus, or PMDG T7. The only other aircraftI'm planning at this time for FSX-SE is the NGX.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just finished my 4:30 hrs flight KATL - KLAX without any oom, landed 25R, airac 1502, start with vas 2.6 landed 2.9/3.0 after few outside view at gate vas was 3.2, used steve fixer and only KATL and KLAX, ftx Global enabled.

Does it means some think, should i understand that i am free of the SCHKOUPI of the OOM

Sid

Sid Khezaz

Just finished my 4:30 hrs flight KATL - KLAX without any oom, landed 25R, airac 1502, start with vas 2.6 landed 2.9/3.0 after few outside view at gate vas was 3.2, used steve fixer and only KATL and KLAX, ftx Global enabled.

Does it means some think, should i understand that i am free of the SCHKOUPI of the OOM

Sid

What specific approach did you fly to 25R?

RIIVR2 25R

Not the STAR but the approach to 25R. ILS, RNAV, or a HARBOR VISUAL. And what was the Initial Approach Fix (IAF) - RIIVR, SEAVU, or SLI?

Just finished my 4:30 hrs flight KATL - KLAX without any oom, landed 25R, airac 1502, start with vas 2.6 landed 2.9/3.0 after few outside view at gate vas was 3.2, used steve fixer and only KATL and KLAX, ftx Global enabled.

Sid

Not quite sure since that's just one data point. I'd try it several more times with a variety of approaches to the 25s and 7s.