Sign in to follow this  
sjed

UTX version 2 has been released

Uninstall 1.4 first. That's what they said in the forums.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just as a clarification, you must uninstall all of version 1 prior to installing version 2

SJED

Just go to the Scenery Solutions website/forum. There's a free downloadable manual for both USA 2.0 and Lights. Also a FAQs. Should answer most of your questions,

Clayton

Just installed version 2.0 for FSX.  I used to have v1.0 then switched to FTX Vector when it was released mainly to have global coverage.  I have to say I think this looks better and the night lighting is incredible! I had to disable some of the Vector scenery as I think having both was effecting my performance.  ONce I unchecked the Vector scenery, my performance picked up considerably.  I do wonder how to keep the Vector features there so when I travel outside the USA I can benefit...???

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Lights work well under dx9 but it not really working under 10. Like it actually at night did it in rural Iowa to test it out because I know lots of airfields and short flights can be done. It does make night flying marginally better than default fsx land.

I do wonder how to keep the Vector features there so when I travel outside the USA I can benefit...???

This would be your answer - might give this a go as its not expensive.

UTX Exclusions will take out any vector product layered beneath it for the areas that are covered by UTX

Rich Sennett

I'll add, FTX Vectors does not have 3d lighting, requires worldwide mesh, and covers the entire world. It's made specically for FTXG.

UTX v2 has 3d lights and covers only USA. This can cause problems with FTXG. If you have GEX USA or Photo scenery, then UTX is the better option.

The user can opt to either turn off or not install the UTX v2 lights to eliminate any concern of conflicts.

Ernest Pergrem

I was going to ask about the lights with DX10 as well - I enabled them, and had problems as well as a 50% reductions in FPS. I don't know if it was because I had installed over the prior version as opposed to uninstalling first (a problem I've since rectified), but when I disabled them the problem was gone. Figured I sit back and observe others' experience with the lights and DX10 before I gave it a go again.

I was going to ask about the lights with DX10 as well - I enabled them, and had problems as well as a 50% reductions in FPS. I don't know if it was because I had installed over the prior version as opposed to uninstalling first (a problem I've since rectified), but when I disabled them the problem was gone. Figured I sit back and observe others' experience with the lights and DX10 before I gave it a go again.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I read the manual and did not see installation instructions.Is there a warning to uninstall Vl.4?Or are we just supposed th know that?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

It's listed in the FAQ - I agree it's not self-evident that you would need to uninstall the prior version first; I ecpexted it would be in a README file when I downloaded it if that was the case, which is why I went ahead and installed over the prior version.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Well I picked this up hey 15 bucks why not - here is my 2 cents - I give it a thumbs up - for me this is like a high end landclass program so lets see what Orbx has to offer for the US anyway some things I have done and noticed

1. I installed it went for quick flight out of KLAS noticed my mesh around the mountains was much better highs and lows more prominent which I never saw before

2. More landclass in the KLAS mountain area that was not there before

3. Now as for lights in UTX V2 the fps hit was not acceptable for me and look more like Orbx lights than the spectacular lights from the old version of UTX - but heres an interesting thing I turned on Orbx lights and disabled UTX lights in scenery library and     all was well again so just for the heck of it - I turned on the UTX V2 lights again and all seems fine so yes both are running together (only Orbx lights I do not get many) with both running I get more lights with no hit - try it and see if it works for you also -       not sure why this is but its working - both on working nicely

4. As for textures I noticed that UTX does control where and WHAT they look like for instance out of KLAS I noticed my textures did not look like Orbx product so I re-installed Global and did a quick flight and it was the global look then went into scenery library and saw that orbx entries now resided over all of the UTX entries so I moved them below UTX (no payware airports installed) went for quick trip out of KLAS and noticed they had changed again meaning I think that they are being used just in a different way

Rich Sennett

I have downloaded UTX2 but not purchased yet.After I buy it does it immediatly install or is that when I uninstall V1?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Well I picked this up hey 15 bucks why not - here is my 2 cents - I give it a thumbs up - for me this is like a high end landclass program so lets see what Orbx has to offer for the US anyway some things I have done and noticed

1. I installed it went for quick flight out of KLAS noticed my mesh around the mountains was much better highs and lows more prominent which I never saw before

2. More landclass in the KLAS mountain area that was not there before

3. Now as for lights in UTX V2 the fps hit was not acceptable for me and look more like Orbx lights than the spectacular lights from the old version of UTX - but heres an interesting thing I turned on Orbx lights and disabled UTX lights in scenery library and all was well again so just for the heck of it - I turned on the UTX V2 lights again and all seems fine so yes both are running together (only Orbx lights I do not get many) with both running I get more lights with no hit - try it and see if it works for you also - not sure why this is but its working - both on working nicely

4. As for textures I noticed that UTX does control where and WHAT they look like for instance out of KLAS I noticed my textures did not look like Orbx product so I re-installed Global and did a quick flight and it was the global look then went into scenery library and saw that orbx entries now resided over all of the UTX entries so I moved them below UTX (no payware airports installed) went for quick trip out of KLAS and noticed they had changed again meaning I think that they are being used just in a different way

Thx.

Can you disable FTX Vector lights and only use UTX v2 lights for the major roads?

I'd like yo use UTX roads and its lights and FTXG lights everywhere else.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have downloaded UTX2 but not purchased yet.After I buy it does it immediatly install or is that when I uninstall V1?Thanks,Ron

It will ask you to install it but you can download the exe and install it when you are ready dont forget to download the coupon file and have your order number ready from your older product as you will need to enter it when purchasing 

Thx.

Can you disable FTX Vector lights and only use UTX v2 lights for the major roads?

I'd like yo use UTX roads and its lights and FTXG lights everywhere else.

1. Yes

2. Not sure how you will do that - you would have to look into the light configurators for each product but I think you can as the UTX light configurator has a lot of options

Rich Sennett