Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

FSX Steam Released! (80% off sale?)

Try verifying the cache as below, (right click on FSX and go to properties to bring up the window below) if that doesn't work, reboot. If that doesn't work delete the Local game content as below and re-download.

steam.PNG

I now have everything working.  The reason it stayed at the 5 of 7 setup it was waiting for me to give the ok for backing up my FSX configs.which I had overlooked the window. Once I said ok everything went smoothly.  I agee that verification of integrity is a good feature since I have had to use it on occasion with TS2015.  This is the first time I have starting up FSX-S w/o any addons in quite sometime. it sure looks pitiful but I get much higher fps. (I wonder why that is-(lol).

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

FSX -SE now only 50% off. $12.49

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I guess they filled their Quota 

ZORAN

I guess they filled their Quota 

Yes, I think so :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, I think so :)

Just checked the justification scale and it now comes in at 2.5 coffees and 1.5 donuts

or

2 pints of beer

ZORAN

I now have everything working.  The reason it stayed at the 5 of 7 setup it was waiting for me to give the ok for backing up my FSX configs.which I had overlooked the window. Once I said ok everything went smoothly.  I agee that verification of integrity is a good feature since I have had to use it on occasion with TS2015.  This is the first time I have starting up FSX-S w/o any addons in quite sometime. it sure looks pitiful but I get much higher fps. (I wonder why that is-(lol).

Good stuff Carl, we've all done it at some stage. :pardon:

The real bummer was I sat there and waiting over 50 minutes watching the stupid spiral go round and round thinking it was still installing.  Thanks Matt for letting me know others have done things like that but not that bad.  At least all is ok until I start trying to install some my FSX stuff into the new SteamFSX.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is probably old news but its gone back up to 12.49 Euro on Steam

How will you's handle this one  :lol:

Feck just noticed,  yes its old news

It will be on sale again as Steam regularly rotates titles into weekend sales. I get sucked into them quite a lot even purchasing stuff I already had on DVD, but when they go on sale for under $5 that is a no brainer so you can toss old DVD's

Matthew Kane

User 72 ..my download took a few hours at least as I am not a computer guru but...it seems to work fine...I left the house during download and let Steam do it's thing....I am interested in where all of this will go with the FSX developers etc...which is way above my pay grade...I just like flying FSX without the crashes etc.....but I flew the 172 all around Tucson where I live and man it was smooth on my machine...but I cannot load PMDG which is my favorite on FSX.... so I will just wait and see what happens. al v

Also, keep in mind that Valve recently, after the news, disabled cross region trading. So you can't trade with your Russian buddy that can buy you the game for $1 anymore.

Whoa!  I think that *might* be illegal in the EU.  Valve need to take a look at that.

Watching the FSX-SE Steam Broadcasts, about 20 streamers now, experimenting around with the default ACs. Getting their first tastes. 

This release got a lot of coverage on sites other than flightsim related ( e.g redmondpie , neowin.net .. )

This is huge opportunity for the community and developers, hoping the future is bright for flight sim... 

I was asking earlier about using Offline. Was just reading a post from the DTG developers, "at the moment you MUST be/go on line to launch FSX:SE then you can go offline. They, DTG are looking to remedy this! I thought that was the case.