Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Multi-Crew Experience Coming to X-plane!

An emulator for an emulator lol !

I wonder if it would be possible to do a VoxATC-to-XPX, or even ProATC-to-XPX ?

Good catch  :smile:

No, not doing any of those, even if technically possible.

It goes beyond the technicalities.

Somehow VoxATC folks see us as competitors ever since we started interfacing Native FSX ATC using voice. We don't know why, as we even offer users the option to completely disable the Native ATC feature and use RC4, PFE or VoxATC if they wish, never mind Vatsim.

We offered Pro-ATC Dev the chance to interface it via voice control a while ago. He declined, and thinks he can provide it as an additional payware pack. He said that more than 2 years ago. Good luck to him, we won't get involved.

One can never say never. However for the above to be brought to the X-Plane world using some custom X-Plane plugin, we would need a formal request from them  :Smug:  

Let's not forget, the main reason for doing these RC4 and PFE X-Plane plugins, is to keep the Multi Crew Experience for X-Plane on a par with what we offer for FSX/P3D/FS9. No crew experience is complete without voice ATC. And the more choice users have for offline ATC, the better.

Yes Vatsim is better in terms of realism. But if the US government has trouble keeping some highly paid controllers awake through the night, how one can expect volunteers to provide worldwide ATC coverage. It's not going to happen.

Gerald,

If you're looking for beta- testers when the time comes for the PFE version, I'd be very happy to help out.

Roger that.

Will let you know when the time comes.

The boys at Laminar Research should be preparing to write you a check

Must have been sent by snail mail  :P

OK, some update on the PFEtoXplane tool

PFE_ATC_Window_Bare.jpg

PFE_ATC_Window_Extra_Info.jpg

As seen in second screenshot, there will be the option to display currently available frequencies for current airport, as well as a kind of cheat sheet for various PFE hotkeys.

One thing with PFE, unless you are an established expert user, you always find yourself scratching your head regarding what key combo does what and in which context.

I mean CTRL+SHIFT+6 could be "request takeoff on ground (when GRND freq is selected)", then could be something else when you have a Control Center frequency dialed. That window is supposed to address that by providing available requests based on which type of controller you're interacting with.

And YES, Multi Crew support for SSG 747 -i8 will be added next week.

:Applause:  :Applause:  :Applause:  Awesome stuff. Looking forward to it.

NAX669.png

Cool, I finally picked up MCE for XP, I don't think it works with Aerofoils C172 wholly though, but works great for my other ACs.I hear PFE is the cat's meow, but like you said its a bear to remember those key combos.

Great update! Does PFE work for VFR flights or its only IFR? Thanks.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Cool, I finally picked up MCE for XP, I don't think it works with Aerofoils C172 wholly though, but works great for my other ACs.I hear PFE is the cat's meow, but like you said its a bear to remember those key combos.

Thank you for using MCE.

We don't normally bother doing custom interfacing for light aircraft as we consider these non-multi crew. In early days, we used to disable co-pilot when some aircraft under 5.7 tonnes weight (KingAir class) was detected.

Until users demanded to have FO with any aircraft. And we had to oblige. It's a simulation after all. :smile:

MCE would typically address these via the generic default interface (xmcgener.dll in <MCE dlls> folder). If the airplane maker uses the standard X-Plane datarefs, MCE will work with it seamlessly, otherwise, you may get FO handling gear, flaps and maybe radios.

It claims to be VFR capable, but you still have to file a flight plan, which kind of takes the spontaneity out of making short flights between local airports. I haven't used PFE for a couple years, but it seems I ran into other problems when flying VFR, which I can't remember. On the whole, it's an excellent program, which I intend to return to, especially if it receives support from FS++ for X-plane!

If I recall correctly, it also is capable of supplying background chatter, which would work well for X-plane, which doesn't have a lot of AI traffic. I never used this feature in FSX, because PFE responds to AI traffic wonderfully in FSX.

Tom

Gerald indicated earlier that there was another ATC developer that was hot to get into X-Plane and it wasn't PFE. Who could it be?

Please confirm you have received an e-mail from support(at)multicrewxp.com, unless your address in the customers database has changed.

Gerald,

I have not received an email from you. I checked my spam also. You can contact me at captmw2*yahoo.com.

NAX669.png

Gerald,

I have not received an email from you. I checked my spam also. You can contact me at captmw***yahoo.com.

Roger.

I suggest you edit your post to remove the @ character before the bots trawling the forums get hold of your address and start spamming you.

Roger.

I suggest you edit your post to remove the @ character before the bots trawling the forums get hold of your address and start spamming you.

Thank you. I was having a senior moment.

NAX669.png

Please confirm you have received an e-mail from support(at)multicrewxp.com, unless your address in the customers database has changed.

Gerald,

I received your email and have responded.

NAX669.png

Just a small update with a crude video.

From next month, two alternative and well established ATC systems can be used with X-Plane. You had RC4toXPlane, now comes PFEtoXPlane

I'll second that

I'm very interested in tackling this. I loved VoxATC when I was using FSX. Now that I have shifted to X-Plane I have been trying to recreate the same capabilities. I did X-Camera which is a EzDok equivalent for X-Plane. I think I'll tackle the X-Plane equivalent of VoxATC next.

Mark