Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Multi-Crew Experience Coming to X-plane!

PFE to X-Plane is out. It works very well and is a welcomed addition to X-Plane.

NAX669.png

I'm very interested in tackling this. I loved VoxATC when I was using FSX. Now that I have shifted to X-Plane I have been trying to recreate the same capabilities. I did X-Camera which is a EzDok equivalent for X-Plane. I think I'll tackle the X-Plane equivalent of VoxATC next.

Mark

Mark, thate would be a feat. They can't even get Vox to work in P3Dv3. I'd love to have it for X-Plane.

NAX669.png

Mark, thate would be a feat. They can't even get Vox to work in P3Dv3. I'd love to have it for X-Plane.

I just ran across pilot2atc which looks pretty promising. I'm going to try that first and see how close it comes to VoxATC .

I just ran across pilot2atc which looks pretty promising. I'm going to try that first and see how close it comes to VoxATC .

Version 2 of Pilot2ATC is apparently right around the corner.

Version 2 of Pilot2ATC is apparently right around the corner.

Yes, that is what I read. I'm going to play with the current version. It looks like this developer might have a good start on a decent ATC for X-Plane. I was looking for some reviews for it but I can't really seem to find much.

Mark

I never really got along with Pilot2ATC, the interface was cumbersome and voice recognition rather unforgiving, with no text prompt like you get with VoxATC. I would love to have the latter for X-Plane if it ever came to fruition.

I'll give Pilot2ATC a try. If it it doesn't look promising maybe I'll go for writing a VOXATC replacement for X-Plane.

Developing a combined voice activated ATC with AI traffic integration is a massive task. I would hate to put that much effort into it if others are closer to having a good solution. Ideally some kind of collaboration between an ATC developer and World Traffic would be best. There is also a guy that has started with a project called EasyATC but he is very much in the early stages.

In my opinion this is the only lacking area of X-Plane.

Mark

I'll give Pilot2ATC a try. If it it doesn't look promising maybe I'll go for writing a VOXATC replacement for X-Plane.

Developing a combined voice activated ATC with AI traffic integration is a massive task. I would hate to put that much effort into it if others are closer to having a good solution. Ideally some kind of collaboration between an ATC developer and World Traffic would be best. There is also a guy that has started with a project called EasyATC but he is very much in the early stages.

In my opinion this is the only lacking area of X-Plane.

Mark

Indeed if you start anything on voice ATC you should integrate with WT maybe asking WT developer for cooperation. As it is now it lacks only voice and once some separation bugs will be sorted it has some great potential since it already have a huge database liveries available. I have finished yesterday to add some 300 skins to work with my imported real traffic schedules form FSX. Just spent three hours at Gatwick to watch traffic and I must admit it was even better than FSX one. But of course no voice is a huge limitation at the moment.

Indeed if you start anything on voice ATC you should integrate with WT maybe asking WT developer for cooperation. As it is now it lacks only voice and once some separation bugs will be sorted it has some great potential since it already have a huge database liveries available. I have finished yesterday to add some 300 skins to work with my imported real traffic schedules form FSX. Just spent three hours at Gatwick to watch traffic and I must admit it was even better than FSX one. But of course no voice is a huge limitation at the moment.

I agree 100%, it would be good to integrate with WT. I have been playing around with Pilot2PC and it is pretty impressive. I do think the voice recognition needs a little more work but I'll know more after I play with it a bit more.

Mark

On 12/17/2015 at 3:29 PM, markcellis said:

I agree 100%, it would be good to integrate with WT. I have been playing around with Pilot2PC and it is pretty impressive. I do think the voice recognition needs a little more work but I'll know more after I play with it a bit more.

Mark

Hey Mark!

What's been your experience on P2A over the last 18 Months?

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2