Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Multi-Crew Experience Coming to X-plane!

Hi,

question: in the "promotion" video I only hear the voice of the ATC controller but not the voice of the read back by the pilot. 

Is this correct and the way it should be in x-plane?

Frank

Hi,

question: in the "promotion" video I only hear the voice of the ATC controller but not the voice of the read back by the pilot. 

Is this correct and the way it should be in x-plane?

Frank

RCv4 for XP10 has the same functionality as for FS9/FSX...

You can choose the pilot's (your) voice, the voice of the co-pilot (who can take over communications) and the voices of ATC controllers (and you will hear them all).

We have to wait though for the AI traffic's voices until AI traffic like WT 2.0 might be handled appropriately...

ok. thank you. I was slightly irritated due to the video.

Frank

I bought World Traffic a few years back and hardly if/any thing has changed and the author is quick to remind people that his time/resources are extremely limited as WT is done in free time. So I think 2.0 is a pipe dream.

I'm the author of World Traffic and WT 2.0 is hardly a pipe dream.  It's in beta testing for the PC at the moment and there have been several updates in recent months.  E-mail me if you are interested in trying it.  SID/STARs are working very well.  You can get my e-mail address from my web site ... www.classicjetsims.com

This Radar Contact app sounds quite interesting.  I'll follow this thread for the latest news and please contact me if you think World Traffic and it can work together as it sounds like a great product.

I'm the author of World Traffic and WT 2.0 is hardly a pipe dream. It's in beta testing for the PC at the moment and there have been several updates in recent months. E-mail me if you are interested in trying it. SID/STARs are working very well. You can get my e-mail address from my web site ... www.classicjetsims.com

This Radar Contact app sounds quite interesting. I'll follow this thread for the latest news and please contact me if you think World Traffic and RC4 can work together as it sounds like a great product.

Wow, that is really good to hear! (sensational IMO actually!)  B)

I really enjoy your WT v1.2.3 product with all the aircraft objects, types and textures. Once I understood the use of "route files" and "ground routes" it all worked great!

I especially like the elegant behaviour of your AI traffic. Taxiing is adaptive to the actual situation (pushback with tow truck, slow taxiing on ramp, faster taxiing on the taxiways, gentle turns... best of all AI traffic I have seen so far!). Also very mentionable: the crab landing method during cross winds followed by the combined pitch and rudder compensation during flare is really a joy to see! Also very impressive: the proper use of beacons, strobes, landing lights and taxi lights according to the actual phases... :rolleyes:

It would be really great if You, FS++ (MCE and RCv4 for XP10) and Ray Proudfoot (from the AVSIM RCv4 support team and maybe even the RCv4 original crew meanwhile again) could join to get at least two user requests for XP-10/11 done in a perfect way: great AI traffic which interacts with ATC during all phases of flight from start up to parking position...

That would be a dream come true for the whole X-Plane community! :wub:

Indeed vr-pilot, I'd say it could be even better than FSX where there is no interaction between native AI and third part products. I must admit that I never bought a dedicated ATC program due to this fact and I bet that would open a good market to both applications. WHo would not pay to listen ATC directing real, not virtual, AI planes on the same STAR or SID of the user aircraft. I see quite good potential from both plugins, we know RC4 is professional level regarding many ATC aspects and WT is coming up really good with SID&STAR, new models (how AI aircraft get some turbulence after take off and when landing is something I never witnessed in FSX) , skins by Bluebell, the radar view to follow AI flights, airport real life operations based on wind and time, the real schedules importer from FSX AI flight plans (this developed by me but it's working good already)... I'm no expert so I don't know how much RC4 is flexible and how much of the original program can be changed but none the less I think this is the right moment to see if some connections can be established between the two apps. 

Any idea if this product works with XPlane 9? My current PC doesn;t handle XP10 very well, but XP9 works really well, so sticking with that for the time being. I used to use RC4 in FS9 days and it's brilliant.

Any idea if this product works with XPlane 9? My current PC doesn;t handle XP10 very well, but XP9 works really well, so sticking with that for the time being. I used to use RC4 in FS9 days and it's brilliant.

Never tested under XP 9.

I doubt it will work though.

For one thing, this is implemented as a fat Plugin. I believe XP 9 has no such concept, and expects its own plugins to reside in \XP installation folder\Resources\Plugins\ folder directly with "whatever_name.xpl"

Never mind the 64 Bit potential issues, as XP 9 is strictly 32 Bit.

We are looking at getting the plugin to read XPX traffic and feed it to RC4. We need a better understanding of XPX traffic on X-Plane platform though.

This Radar Contact app sounds quite interesting. I'll follow this thread for the latest news and please contact me if you think World Traffic and it can work together as it sounds like a great product.

Hello to the developers of "MCE and RCv4 to X-plane" (FS++) and "World Traffic for X-Plane" (classicjetsims)!

Just as an updated information about using RCv4 with WT v1.2.3:

When the WT AI traffic functionality is used as described in WT's manual (see quote below), than this AI traffic interaction can be heard inside RCv4 controllers' handovers. The controller says: 

"A-I-P-L-A-N-E-A-C-F contact Bremen radar on 118.2" and  the aircraft answers: "118.2 A-I-P-L-A-N-E-A-C-F". So the callsign used is the name of the stick plane file "AIplane.acf" WT uses for generating up to twenty AI AC/s.

Quote from the WT manual on page 18:

Plugin Control of AI Aircraft

This option allows World Traffic to control the X-Plane multi-player aircraft. The purpose of this option is to allow the World Traffic aircraft to be visible on your TCAS display. Follow these procedures to use this function:

1. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option.
  2. Make sure the last option shows that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently OFF”. Press the ENTER key on that line if it is “Currently ON”. This must be off before you change the number of X-Plane multi-player aircraft.
  3. In X-Plane open the Aircraft – Aircraft & Situations menu. 
  4. Click the Other Aircraft tab.
  5. Set the number of aircraft to 20 or the maximum aircraft that you want to have displayed. 
  6. From the World Traffic Key Command Menu, select the Preferences option.
  7. Set the last option so that Plugin Control of X-Plane Aircraft is “Currently ON”. 

A stick plane will be drawn on the X-Plane TCAS and radar displays showing showing the location of closest 20 planes. The plane used is a generic stick plane that you installed in section 1.1 (Installation).

(unquote)

Maybe the developers find this information new, interesting and (hopefully) useful.

Your work is very much appreciated! B)

Maybe the developers find this information new, interesting and (hopefully) useful.

Indeed, very useful

Thanks

Could the same process be applied to that program?

Finally, early this month, things started happening with Pro Flight Emulator ATC too.

Therefore, a turnkey solution, PFEtoXplane, will happen sometime in the future.

The boys at Laminar Research should be preparing to write you a check. As much as I enjoy Radar Contact with XPX, PFE would be huge. Thanks for your efforts.

NAX669.png

Gerald,

If you're looking for beta- testers when the time comes for the PFE version, I'd be very happy to help out.

NAX669.png

Finally, early this month, things started happening with Pro Flight Emulator ATC too.

An emulator for an emulator lol !

I wonder if it would be possible to do a VoxATC-to-XPX, or even ProATC-to-XPX ?

Gerald indicated earlier that there was another ATC developer that was hot to get into X-Plane and it wasn't PFE. Who could it be?

NAX669.png