Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Where can we download it?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi Jørn, It is not published - you can get a link for the unfinished version this weekend since you made the effort to read the manual :smile: But I need to pack it first.

Best regards

Henrik

Great, looking forward to it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hello Hendrik, hello pilots,

there are a few new ship models for inland waterways on rivers and lakes on SimDocks.de.

Among them are harbour ferries, police boats, houseboats, etc. The downloads can be found on www.SimDocks.de.

The website is in German, but can be switch in 27 other languages.

The installation instructions for the models are in German and English.

For questions about the models please use the SimDocks forum

Happy landings

Manfred

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

Hello,

I've always been fascinated by the AI Ships. This is just exquisite! Thank you to you and others who took time to create this and offer it for free. I just downloaded all of the packages at once!

I mostly fly around India since I belong there. I'd be delighted more traffic in our ports. We have 13 major ports in our country. Please consider my request: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ports_in_India

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello,

I've always been fascinated by the AI Ships. This is just exquisite! Thank you to you and others who took time to create this and offer it for free. I just downloaded all of the packages at once!

I mostly fly around India since I belong there. I'd be delighted more traffic in our ports. We have 13 major ports in our country. Please consider my request: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ports_in_India

Thank you.

Yes exactly love to see those ships in my sim :)  These are fantastic BTW great job thanks :D

Thanks for the feedback :) Used the Black Friday sales to get Mumbai... So maybe I will add some more traffic to India...  Just saw on the news today that the Indian economic growth is now passing China, so there should be potential for a ship or two extra along the Indian coast.... :)

Manfred - beautiful models - especially the small ferry looks very nice.

From here - not that many news for the moment due to work, but Erwin has several new models on the way, so maybe we will be ready with a new pack around Christmas.

Wow this is amazing! The seas have finally come to life now. Is this mod compatible with P3D v3? and will it impact my performance?

Since this thread started back in January 2015, has there been any new updates or do I just download everything in the order that it was written in order to get this to work? I just want to make sure I have all the necessary files. 

Thanks a lot for this!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Guest tymk

In my experience, the add-on works just fine in V3 and the performance impact is negligible. Make sure you use the fixed P3D 2.5 effects. The only issue I've noticed is that the "fx_wake_haa_orla.fx" file still causes the vertical wake issue, if it happens in your case, just delete the first two occurrences of:

TempK=109.00
TempRate=0.01

Tym

Just follow the order stated in the "Best Answer" reply. No updates since the "80 AI Ships..." and yes, it works in P3Dv3. Some minor issues do exist regards to the effects, which do not display optimally across the latest P3D platforms, but it is minor there is problems. And no, there is almost no performance impact. Ships sail on oceans... not in congested airports, and the ships have been designed for AI purposes so vertices and draw calls are kept down and most models. A new effect for the Orla model will be included in next update in case you don't want to mess with the effect file even if it is easy (just open in notepad, delete the two lines mentioned by Tym, and save again)

Just installed this and there seem to be some ships that have this strange effect where it goes all the way up to the sky... how can I fix that? Other ships appear to be fine though.

Also for leisure boat traffic, should I set that to 10% too? It's currently at 0%

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Leisure boat can be zero. the AI ship package does not affect leisure boats. Regards to wakes going towards the sky - make sure to keep the installation order and install the Fix for ship wakes for P3Dv2.5 version 2 as the last or at least with just 80 AI ships installed after.

That's what I did. I am using P3D v3 btw. Not sure if that makes a difference. I installed in the order that was mentioned.

I'm getting an error in P3DV3 when I  try to connect to multiplayer:

There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names.

AI_Conni_II

D:\Prepar3Dv3\SimObjects\Boats\AI_Conni_Fishing_Boat

Is this a ship from AI ships? If so which file should I edit to change the name so that there is no conflict?

Strangely it wont throw this error in single player or maybe it does and just logs it , but I dont get the message box.

Normally the AI ships do not show up in multiplayer unless you use a specific interface, which I can't remember the name of - and I do not know if it works with V3.

If you want to rename a ship you have edit the sim.cfg in the folder of that ship like you do when you add new repaints of aircrafts. FSX nor P3D (until v2.5) reacts to a double name apart from only showing the first entry. P3Dv3 apparently logs a warning also in single player which you can also choose to neglect. I don't know if you can choose to ignore in multiplayer. I don't have v3 so can't test it. Anyway just rename or better delete the double entry. If you chose to delete make sure to renumber the following in entries in that sim.cfg. The mistake with the double name has already been flagged and will be corrected in next update.