Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

The wake effect issue displayed vertically to me was that in P3d v4 Options-Application - World - Water and Bathymetry -
Water Detail was in "Ultra" while set to "Hight" the wake are all displayed correctly.

16 hours ago, KL791 said:

Just came across this great P3Dv4 video with a big bird and the ships of the coast of Sydney.

Nice, it must be very satisfying to see your hard work being enjoyed by so many.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks for the update Henrik.  Do the updated files also work in FSX, as I use a shared installation?

6 minutes ago, lzamm said:

Thanks for the update Henrik.  Do the updated files also work in FSX, as I use a shared installation?

Yes, the mdl files have actually just been converted from FS9 to FSX.

Is there an installer for the V4 compatible package or does it have to patched from the V1 files?

Did you use the V4 SDK for the models?

- Ike Callaway

27 minutes ago, twincessna340a said:

Is there an installer for the V4 compatible package or does it have to patched from the V1 files?

Did you use the V4 SDK for the models?

What do you mean by the first question?

Regards to the second the answer is no. We just uploaded an update here on avsim for both P3Dv1 to v4 and FSX which should be available later in the day or tomorrow, but models are all compiled for FSX. For the time being things work well enough so I will not update and test all the more than 500 mdl files unless really necessary.

On 6/19/2017 at 2:54 AM, KL791 said:

What do you mean by the first question?

Regards to the second the answer is no. We just uploaded an update here on avsim for both P3Dv1 to v4 and FSX which should be available later in the day or tomorrow, but models are all compiled for FSX. For the time being things work well enough so I will not update and test all the more than 500 mdl files unless really necessary.

I am having a few problems in v4, plz help. Tried water quality on medium, high and ultra with no change. Screenshots are with boat traffic at 25% and at Sydney YSSY. 

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/chriskahwati/2017-6-20_18-58-8-431_zps56syh4w4.png

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/chriskahwati/2017-6-20_19-3-31-531_zpseqcndjqh.png

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/chriskahwati/2017-6-20_19-21-4-195_zpsd6nckx0x.png

On 2017-6-20 at 8:07 PM, chriskahwati said:

I don't think your settings are the issue, it seems to be your wake effects. Have you double checked you've installed the packages correctly? The last picture appears similar to a problem illustrated on the previous page, the fix was described as - 

"I had a similar problem, discovered I'd used the wrong wake effects.  Solution was to delete them all, redownload the packages and install the effects again making sure I only used the most recent versions."

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

I don't think your settings are the issue, it seems to be your wake effects. Have you double checked you've installed the packages correctly? The last picture appears similar to a problem illustrated on the previous page, the fix was described as - 

"I had a similar problem, discovered I'd used the wrong wake effects.  Solution was to delete them all, redownload the packages and install the effects again making sure I only used the most recent versions."

Yes I have tried this, I even tried only installing effects from some packages, some worked while others produced this effect. I believe there must be some effects not compatible with v4 then. Until (if) the effects are updated I have deleted them all so I still have the ships just not the wake effects. I understand this is freeware however and people have busy lives so I don't expect them to be updated. Thanks for your work guys. 

6 hours ago, chriskahwati said:

Yes I have tried this, I even tried only installing effects from some packages, some worked while others produced this effect. I believe there must be some effects not compatible with v4 then. Until (if) the effects are updated I have deleted them all so I still have the ships just not the wake effects. I understand this is freeware however and people have busy lives so I don't expect them to be updated. Thanks for your work guys. 

That is a pain, you could try re-installing the effects in groups of 10 to try and isolate a culprit. I've taken a trip down to Sydney and can't replicate your problem, trying over various time periods. Previous problems were FS9 model related, I've not heard of any effects being not compatible with v4. Have you got any other addons?

bandicam2017-06-2300-13-13-452.jpg

bandicam2017-06-2300-15-03-479.jpg

bandicam2017-06-2300-16-23-804.jpg

Ian S

38.jpg

On ‎20‎-‎06‎-‎2017 at 0:07 PM, chriskahwati said:

As Ian says - this is a wake issue - you do not have the latest wakes installed - redownload Global Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 and ONLY these two files - install them on top of whatever ship packages you might have installed and accept overwrite and you will be fine to go. These two packages replace all earlier effect files with files working in P3D including V4 as illustrated in the shots from Ian.

7 hours ago, KL791 said:

As Ian says - this is a wake issue - you do not have the latest wakes installed - redownload Global Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic V2 and ONLY these two files - install them on top of whatever ship packages you might have installed and accept overwrite and you will be fine to go. These two packages replace all earlier effect files with files working in P3D including V4 as illustrated in the shots from Ian.

Thanks for the replies guys, the file names you have stated are different on the downloads page, would you be able to highlight the correct ones please?

63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175622) ***

Patch for 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175703)

AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic US West Coast (Download #176133)

Caribbean AI Ship Traffic for 63 AI Ships (Download #175702)           

75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Mediterranean Sea and Asia (Download #178959) ***

Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179076)***

AI Ship Traffic for North West Europe (Download #178960)

AI Ship Traffic for US East Coast V1 (Download #179258)

P3D replacement effects for AI ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179348)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #182953) ***

AI Ship Traffic Mexican Gulf and Caribbean Sea (Download #183304)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Patch/Fix (Download #184092) ***

179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #188085) ***

2 hours ago, chriskahwati said:

Thanks for the replies guys, the file names you have stated are different on the downloads page, would you be able to highlight the correct ones please?

63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175622) ***

Patch for 63 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic for South America and Europe V1 (Download #175703)

AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic US West Coast (Download #176133)

Caribbean AI Ship Traffic for 63 AI Ships (Download #175702)           

75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Mediterranean Sea and Asia (Download #178959) ***

Patch for 75 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179076)***

AI Ship Traffic for North West Europe (Download #178960)

AI Ship Traffic for US East Coast V1 (Download #179258)

P3D replacement effects for AI ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #179348)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #182953) ***

AI Ship Traffic Mexican Gulf and Caribbean Sea (Download #183304)

130 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic - Patch/Fix (Download #184092) ***

179 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic (Download #188085) ***

Those are the original files which have now been superseded. Firstly with -

Global AI Ship Traffic

then

200 ships update

I think you can ignore the update for the four ships referred to earlier as it is now included in the 200 ships update.

I'd remove everything you have there and start again with the above two downloads.

Ian S

38.jpg

7 hours ago, Ian S said:

Those are the original files which have now been superseded. Firstly with -

Global AI Ship Traffic

then

200 ships update

I think you can ignore the update for the four ships referred to earlier as it is now included in the 200 ships update.

I'd remove everything you have there and start again with the above two downloads.

Everything is working now! Thx! :)