Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I have been a user of the Global Ship package on FSX (thanks for the hard work!) however when installing into P3D4 i see no ships :( i'm new to P3D altogether.

I installed the 2 packages, v1 and v2. Both went into the p3d folder coping into the relevant effects, simobjects, scenery, sound etc. 

Ship traffic at 10/12%.

Load San Francisco and Gibraltar and see nothing.

Any tips please?

DaveyGurmSignature.png

Hi guys,

I have been trying to download the packages and I can get v2 no problems but v1 stops downloading almost immediately, after only a couple of MB. I have tried in different browsers and with/without download managers and anti virus but it keeps interrupting. V2 was fine and download the entire 200MB package fine. Is the link perhaps broken?

48 minutes ago, JamesIceland said:

Hi guys,

I have been trying to download the packages and I can get v2 no problems but v1 stops downloading almost immediately, after only a couple of MB. I have tried in different browsers and with/without download managers and anti virus but it keeps interrupting. V2 was fine and download the entire 200MB package fine. Is the link perhaps broken?

Hi James

Yes, there seems to be a problem, I just tried and it got to 6.4mb and stopped. So at least it is not a problem with your system. You might need to wait for Henrik to check in to fix it, unless there is a way to contact AVSIM management who look after the download links?

Ian S

38.jpg

29 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi James

Yes, there seems to be a problem, I just tried and it got to 6.4mb and stopped. So at least it is not a problem with your system. You might need to wait for Henrik to check in to fix it, unless there is a way to contact AVSIM management who look after the download links?

Thanks Ian for trying and confirming - that's exactly what happened to me.

I'll wait to hear from Henrik or alternatively try to contact the AVSim library team - not sure how to though.

James

42 minutes ago, JamesIceland said:

Thanks Ian for trying and confirming - that's exactly what happened to me.

I'll wait to hear from Henrik or alternatively try to contact the AVSim library team - not sure how to though.

James

You could try emailing library@avsim.com , not sure how often that is checked though.

Ian S

38.jpg

On 8/22/2017 at 9:47 PM, daveygurm10 said:

I have been a user of the Global Ship package on FSX (thanks for the hard work!) however when installing into P3D4 i see no ships :( i'm new to P3D altogether.

I installed the 2 packages, v1 and v2. Both went into the p3d folder coping into the relevant effects, simobjects, scenery, sound etc. 

Ship traffic at 10/12%.

Load San Francisco and Gibraltar and see nothing.

Any tips please?

Could someone help please?

Cannot get this working in P3D after perfect success in FSX.

Thank you

DaveyGurmSignature.png

32 minutes ago, daveygurm10 said:

Could someone help please?

Cannot get this working in P3D after perfect success in FSX.

Thank you

Is it possible you may have a rogue FS9 ship or aircraft  in your system, as I believe this will prevent all ships from showing up. AIFP has a facility where you can scan your system for FS9 traffic I think?

Ian S

38.jpg

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Is it possible you may have a rogue FS9 ship or aircraft  in your system, as I believe this will prevent all ships from showing up. AIFP has a facility where you can scan your system for FS9 traffic I think?

I only have payware aircraft and scenery. No AI other than the ships have been added.

I just tried to scan using AIFP and it found no FS9 files in the P3D directory :mellow:

I've double checked the folders, definitely AI boats are in simobjects\boats and the traffic.bgls are in scenery\world\scenery.

In the scenery library however i have default terrain at the bottom and default scenery above it. Only thing i'm puzzled by is the target directories here;

Default Scenery = Scenery\Base
Default Terrain = Scenery\World

Is that the problem here? This is default and I have not altered it.

DaveyGurmSignature.png

17 hours ago, andreask said:

I have strange blue tracks behind my ai ships. Only Global AI Ships Vol1 and 200 AI Ships installed. Any ideas or suggestions?

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12678729/2017-8-26_19-51-17-894.jpg.html

Kind regards

Andreas

I'd double check the placement of your texture files, re-download if necessary.

Ian S

38.jpg

16 hours ago, daveygurm10 said:

I only have payware aircraft and scenery. No AI other than the ships have been added.

I just tried to scan using AIFP and it found no FS9 files in the P3D directory :mellow:

I've double checked the folders, definitely AI boats are in simobjects\boats and the traffic.bgls are in scenery\world\scenery.

In the scenery library however i have default terrain at the bottom and default scenery above it. Only thing i'm puzzled by is the target directories here;

Default Scenery = Scenery\Base
Default Terrain = Scenery\World

Is that the problem here? This is default and I have not altered it.

Hi

No, I don't think you need to do anything with the Addon Scenery, you seem to have done everything right. Have you checked multiple times of day just to make sure you didn't by chance pick a quiet patch? You haven't inadvertently run an update that has reset your default settings which would set Ship traffic at 0%?

Ian S

38.jpg

Is there any place where I can download all of his packages at once?

I want to use it in P3d v4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

FIXED!

I went to open up the PDF in the Global Ship v1 download and it was corrupted. Then i figured maybe the whole folder is missing files. Re downloaded and solved! I have beautiful ships all over the show.

Thanks for people supporting and thanks to the authors of the entire ships package.

DaveyGurmSignature.png

21 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is there any place where I can download all of his packages at once?

I want to use it in P3d v4

Go to https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=AI+Ship&CatID=root&Go=Search You need the Global Package V1 and the 200 ships addon which is further down the same page. This is instead of downloading each individual package. Note the post above a few days ago, the V1 download wasn't working, not sure if it is fixed yet but daveygurm10 seems to have downloaded it okay.

Ian S

38.jpg

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

Go to https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=AI+Ship&CatID=root&Go=Search You need the Global Package V1 and the 200 ships addon which is further down the same page. This is instead of downloading each individual package. Note the post above a few days ago, the V1 download wasn't working, not sure if it is fixed yet but daveygurm10 seems to have downloaded it okay.

Seems like the download link is working again! Hurrah!