Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

6 hours ago, vekant 1 said:

Hello everyone, I love this addon on the V4 so I will now put it on V4, can anyone do a summary of boats to remove please?

Thanks in advance =)

Just the Calypso at the moment. Although as per above Aaron has reported some CTDs in the LAX area and three other possible problem boats have been nominated. However I have only removed the Calypso and had no problems since, including in the LAX area.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

I really don´t know why I never turned boats and ships on in the previous versions of flight simulator but now - I am so in love with them!
Its just another piece of realism added! Awesome :) Many thanks! 

KL605 AMS-SFO | somewhere north-west of Netherlands
u3of9j4f.png

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed firs comment due to language used.
  • Upvote 2

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

I know. It just gives that little bit more immersion factor even at cruise altitudes when you spot a big ship on its way.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Ok, i had this installed in v3.4 and i'm looking to install into V4 now. So, just to bump this awesome little package and to clarify...

We now install both the  Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and the 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic packages and then also delete the following ships due to them being FS9 models - AI_AC_Sailboat AI_Calypso AI_John_T_Essberger AI_La_Recouvrance.

Could someone confirm this?

Also, once installed, do we need the default boat traffic to be active anymore or is it better to de-activate the BGL for default boats?

And finally, what would be the ideal settings in the sim for the ships to be seen? Would 100% be too much or is that ideal for all ships to be seen?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, stripealipe said:

Ok, i had this installed in v3.4 and i'm looking to install into V4 now. So, just to bump this awesome little package and to clarify...

We now install both the  Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and the 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic packages and then also delete the following ships due to them being FS9 models - AI_AC_Sailboat AI_Calypso AI_John_T_Essberger AI_La_Recouvrance.

Could someone confirm this?

Also, once installed, do we need the default boat traffic to be active anymore or is it better to de-activate the BGL for default boats?

And finally, what would be the ideal settings in the sim for the ships to be seen? Would 100% be too much or is that ideal for all ships to be seen?

Thanks!

There is no difference to the instal procedure you used for v3.4. Definitely remove Calypso for the time being, as that is known to cause the CTDs. Not sure about the other three, I havent removed them and haven't had a CTD since removing the Calypso, bit they might not have been in range at the time.

I've kept the default boats, also room for more activity on the water, its up too you though. 

I believe 10% ships is all that is required, that is all i have and there is plenty to see

Ian S

38.jpg

Hi guys i install all 200 AI Ship in V4 why are not insight ? i try the slider to 83%  , on gibraltar, valdez, Corsica, Balleares , etc ...Nothing showed of this greeat addon .

Boats in boats // effect in effect //  Sound in sound // world scenery in world scenery .

thank guys

Patrick

14 hours ago, Neptune said:

i install all 200 AI Ship in V4 why are not insight ? i try the slider to 83% 

Did you also install Global AI Ship Traffic V1?  Both are required, although if you go through the previous message you'll see a few ships need to be removed to keep from crashing in P3D v4

Ernest Pergrem

Technically speaking there is no difference between the models in the two packages, so both works with the documented exception of the Calypso, which must be removed, and some other minor visual issues. I am still travelling without possibility to install the new P3Dv4 so still no chance for doing my own tests or initiating the patch.

Thanks for your replay

all are installed, and work fine ; yesterday i see a mistake of my part , all AI was in an AI_ship  when i CUT/ Paste :blink:

Patrick

Yes, this package gives the sim more immersion especially when flying cross-oceanic flights with the heavies. No more lonely seas. I love this package so much. I usually set my ship AI amount to around 10% and the leisure ferries to about 5%. Works nicely in P3D v4 as long as you remove a few ships that are FS9 models.

KL791, enjoy your travels, and thank you so much for your hard work on this package. It's an absolute must have to me. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

16 minutes ago, slammer88 said:

Hello all. In P3D v4, with some ships i'm having this issue. How can i fix that ?

I had a similar problem, discovered I'd used the wrong wake effects.  Solution was to delete them all, redownload the packages and install the effects again making sure I only used the most recent versions.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

We are ready with a preliminary patch for P3Dv4 - until we get a final patch uploaded you can find the preliminary patch here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tqepced5hqawrsm/AABi7Y6h9n3cdYK_AsLAX6_ga?dl=0

The four folders in the patch should be put in simobjects/boats folder overwriting the existing folders with the same name.

We still need to improve the light effects, but that will take some time, but all the ships have also texture based navigation lights, so it is a minor issue that you will most likely not even notice.

17061603094416112915097853.png

A small image from Knud's test today in P3Dv4 with Calypso and the Americas cup sailboat in the background.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for getting that sorted so quickly Henrik.

Ian S

38.jpg

Just came across this great P3Dv4 video with a big bird and the ships of the coast of Sydney.