Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

I'm seeing a strange problem with the default ferries in P3D v4...they are capsizing. Here's an example screenshot taken near YSSY:

Default_ferry_P3_D_v4_at_YSSY.jpg

I noted similar ferry behaviour near YBBN. I haven't checked other locations yet.

The only ship package I'm using is Global AI Ship Traffic. As far as I can tell, my trafficBoats.bgl, ferry1, ferry2 and wash_ferry_sm files are unmodified defaults. In contrast, the ships added by Global AI seems to be working perfectly.

Anyone else having this issue in P3D v4? Any ideas?

53 minutes ago, steve40 said:

I'm seeing a strange problem with the default ferries in P3D v4...they are capsizing. Here's an example screenshot taken near YSSY:

Default_ferry_P3_D_v4_at_YSSY.jpg

I noted similar ferry behaviour near YBBN. I haven't checked other locations yet.

The only ship package I'm using is Global AI Ship Traffic. As far as I can tell, my trafficBoats.bgl, ferry1 and ferry2 files are unmodified defaults. In contrast, the ships added by Global AI seems to be working perfectly.

Anyone else having this issue in P3D v4? Any ideas?

That it happens with default ferries is strange, maybe LM modified the files... A similar issue occured i P3Dv3 with very large ships. The way to solve it was to reduce the radius of mdl file. If you don't want to try that a simple way to get rid of the sinking ferries is to change your trafficboats.bgl to trafficboats.off

7 hours ago, KL791 said:

That it happens with default ferries is strange, maybe LM modified the files... A similar issue occured i P3Dv3 with very large ships. The way to solve it was to reduce the radius of mdl file. If you don't want to try that a simple way to get rid of the sinking ferries is to change your trafficboats.bgl to trafficboats.off

For now, I've simply removed the wash_ferry_sm folder from SimObjects\Boats and the sinking ferry is now gone while the rest of the default boats are still working.

Edit: I've replaced the wash_ferry_sm model with ferry2 model and now I have working ferries, so the default model is definitely buggy.

Yep, you were right, just checked with AIFP and there was ONE single fs9,bgl, I converted it to Fsx and sure enough, the boats were back. Thanks.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi guys!

I want to copy my AIBoat Traffic from Henrik into P3Dv4.Copying the simobjects would be easy,but how

to find the right and all effect/effect texture files??

Scott

31 minutes ago, Captain Scott said:

I want to copy my AIBoat Traffic from Henrik into P3Dv4.Copying the simobjects would be easy,but how

to find the right and all effect/effect texture files??

Were the files not in separate folders in your download? Every thing is the same at the moment as installing into P3D v3, apart from removing the Calypso until it is updated. That is my understanding?

Ian S

38.jpg

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Were the files not in separate folders in your download? Every thing is the same at the moment as installing into P3D v3, apart from removing the Calypso until it is updated. That is my understanding?

Without having to download you can go in the zip view in the avsim page and you get a full listing of files in each folder. The effect files produced by me are all called fx_wake_haa_...... fx Do this for the two files Global AI Ship Traffic V1 and the new 200 AI Ships and AI Ship Traffic.

KL791, got another one for you.... there's another ship in the KLAX area causing P3D v4 to crash, I can't pinpoint which one it is.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

KL791,

For future packages, if they are not reworked, could all of the FS9 ships causing crashes P3D4, be put into an 'optional install' folder for those of us using FSX and pre-P3D v4 that aren't having crash problems?

It would be nice to retain them.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

15 hours ago, captain420 said:

KL791, got another one for you.... there's another ship in the KLAX area causing P3D v4 to crash, I can't pinpoint which one it is.

I am not sure if Henrik has a likely culprit in mind in that area, but whilst he is overseas and possibly unable to check, do you have P3Dv3 still installed? If so, try and recreate the same time/location and see what ships are in the area? If not let me know and I'll try and do it for you. The Little Nav Map will be helpful again! Alternarively I think there are route maps available which shows which ships go to different places?

Ian S

38.jpg

These are the only models that are pre-FSX and may lead to P3DV4 crashes:

AI_AC_Sailboat
AI_Calypso
AI_John_T_Essberger
AI_La_Recouvrance

- JP

• Upvote 2

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Thanks guys, I will delete those ships and reload KLAX area and see if that fixes the problem.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 6/6/2017 at 4:09 AM, captain420 said:

Thanks guys, I will delete those ships and reload KLAX area and see if that fixes the problem.

I've parked myself off Long Beach at several times and not had a CTD. The only change I have made to date is removing the Calypso as it is known to have caused problems elsewhere. I'd try that before removing the other three ships. To be fair, I've not checked whether any of those four even visit  the LAX area?

Ian S

38.jpg

This is really a fantastic addon! I really love it.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hello everyone, I love this addon on the V4 so I will now put it on V4, can anyone do a summary of boats to remove please?

Thanks in advance =)

Broucker Kévin // MSFS