Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

could of thought of a million and one sad and depressing things to stop me getting a stiffy. The shear crapness and conmen Malta brothers was the worst thing I could think of

ROTFLMAO good one Pete. Made my day

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Last week I was on holiday in Sharm el sheikh. Part of the hotel package was a free thai massage Which Mrs tooting was very happy about.

I hope your dispatching and such is better than your attempts at humour or correct grammar...

Back to my previous posting, has anyone actually used this product and managed to get the rudder working in flight, particularly in a manual landing? It does seem rather fundamental that at least the flight controls work as advertised, even if it is a beta product.

Paul Hermon

Some of PSS's output ended up being marketed exclusively by Justflight,

Whatever might, or not, happened  with Justflight it was still  Phoenix Simulation Software that closed its activation servers so its customers could no longer use the add-ons they'd paid for.

Back to my previous posting, has anyone actually used this product and managed to get the rudder working in flight, particularly in a manual landing? It does seem rather fundamental that at least the flight controls work as advertised, even if it is a beta product.

Paul Hermon

Seriously, chaps, can anybody who actually has this product (the BBS A330/340) vouch for working rudder control at low speed on the approach?

Paul Hermon

Yes it works absolutely fine.

Hi captjames.

There must be something seriously screwed up in my installation, then. I have submitted a ticket to BBS with no response as yet. As a check on my rudder pedals, I can confirm that they are quite definitely operative with other products in manual handling.

To confirm with yourself, please confirm that your rudder control worked 'out of the box', or were there other settings involved. It seems strange that it is just yaw axis inoperative but not roll and pitch.

Paul Hermon

Hi captjames.There must be something seriously screwed up in my installation, then. I have submitted a ticket to BBS with no response as yet. As a check on my rudder pedals, I can confirm that they are quite definitely operative with other products in manual handling.To confirm with yourself, please confirm that your rudder control worked 'out of the box', or were there other settings involved. It seems strange that it is just yaw axis inoperative but not roll and pitch.Paul Hermon

Hi Paul,

I haven't had any rudder problems with it either. I'm using CH rudder pedals and they've worked with every version of the BBS Airbuses flawlessly. While the product still has its quirks, the rudder (at least on my system) isn't one of them.

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it as administrator. I also wonder if it could be something about the way BBS implemented its tiller system and for some reason it doesn't get changed back from tiller to rudder?! It's supposed to switch automatically during takeoff roll if you didn't deactivate it manually.

Hope this helps,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Could it be that you have the tiller set? I've flown the BBS A330 off and on

for a year, and sure its not perfect, but I've never seen a problem with the

rudder, I have Saitek pedals, and have done manual approaches without any

problem.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Anyone who says this product is worthy, surely has never worked in the cockpit of any Airbus.

It's a rediculous rendition.

Brian Nellis

As someone who is still stuck with a Prologue A320 I wouldn't touch the 330 with a bargepole. Practically everything posted by BBS these days is about the 330/340, promising everything under the sun and then a little extra.

Strangely enough the 320 was like that too a couple of years ago...then the 330 showed up and the 320 was thrown under the bus :unsure:

So 330/340 owners should be worried if images of a 350 or 380 start to appear on their Farcebook page.....

I still have the 320 v0.76 (v0.8 was a backward step) installed for those times when I have the urge to fly an Airbus. Thankfully those urges are firmly under control and I can't see it staying on my drive much longer.

Parting with another $60 for an unfinished 330/340 to go with the $60 unfinished 320 that I already have doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

TTFN

Just to elaborate on Glynn's post (and to clarify) - Phoenix (or PSS as they were known) basically packed up and shipped out, leaving all of their customers with no way to reinstall their purchases, and no technical support.

I'm not saying they don't deserve a second chance, but I think people need to be aware of their track record when we now see lots of unfinished products being sold, with no real prospect of them being finished. Frankly, I don't see any reason to go near their A320 series when we have the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended, which is an outstanding and very well supported product. And I have every faith that Aerosoft will finish and release their A330 in the next year or so, and BBS at that point will be largely obsolete.

Personally, I am quite sceptical and wary of BBS, and I think their promises of an advanced product amount to 'vapourware' - I don't think they actually have the expertise to finish what they've started. I'm happy to make do with the 'stop gap' CLS A330 for the time being, and wait for the Aerosoft one, which I have no doubt will be well worth the wait.

I figured that this was relevant to the conversation. BBS just posted this to their facebook page:

we are going to be busy for a couple of weeks moving all the code changes and upgrades across from the 330 to the 320 series to bring everything up to V0.8XX

so while we do that, what would improvements or additions would you like to suggest for the A32X visual models?

So, while it did seem before that they left their unfinished A320 project forever to work on the A330, it looks like the A320 is still in active development. Looks like they're a small team that's really trying, and they made a mistake with launching the A330 project and now they have far too much on their plate. Anyway, this increases the likelihood that both products will see V1.0

I'm not so easily taken in by their marketing I'm afraid. It's easy enough to post promising updates on Facebook, but they're still only talking about V.088 (as they call it). When translated to plain English, this means:

• they've made some tweaks, but have still not finished it
  • they want to release something so that it looks like they're making progress

A better strategy might be to actually finish it, and then release the full version, rather than keep spending time launching interim versions, and talking about it on Facebook. The problem is, they can't finish it because they don't know how. And if they ever do work out how, Aerosoft and/or FSLabs will have beaten them to it.

I'm sorry to seem negative, but I remember people being drawn in (including me) by the Airsimmer A320 project - never-ending 'interim' versions, and the product was never actually finished properly.

Obviously, this is only my opinion - I don't wish to discourage others if they have decided to support BBS; I'm just worried that people will end up wasting their money on something, when there is something potentially much better round the corner. This is your hard earned cash - spend it wisely people!

The problem is, they can't finish it because they don't know how. 

How do you know this? Either they don't know how, or they are a two man team who has bitten off more than they can chew, trying to create a complex simulation while juggling work, families, etc. 

In this situation, though, skepticism is probably best. I bought the A330 to tide me over until the Aerosoft is released, and because it was being offered at a very good sale price of about $25. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt here (and we did see a v0.8 released after many said that it would never come and that we'd be stuck at v0.66 forever). Time will tell, I suppose.