Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

Purchased both of their products from smkt,

Got a notification from smkt about the update on the 1.11.16

BB now say they have withdrawn all of their products from this vendor.

They say on FB to contact them

Their website support is 404 as are their site contacts.

I do not have, and have no intention of getting FB account

This was not a condition of purchase.

Does anybody havee any idea of how to contact support without a FB account ?

I do not have, and have no intention of getting FB account

This was not a condition of purchase.

Is it any different from creating an account for a support forum? Just because you have a facebook account doesn't mean you have to add 900 friends and post pictures of what you had for dinner. Heck, there isn't even a requirement to use your real name. You could create one as "Lew I. Cide", set the account as private so nobody can find you even if they tried, and just contact BBS through their FB page. Really, it's so much easier than email. I had a small issue a few weeks ago that got solved within 10 minutes via a 1-on-1 conversation with their support. 

So I picked up this package a few days ago, and still have not been able to use the planes yet. Basically, once FSX-SE loads up, i get a cockpit view that is completely frozen. I cant even click on the fsx menu, as it is just a completely frozen screen. Since i have tried this several times now, i am slightly concerned that the plane will never work. I did contact BBS support but have no idea as to when they may respond. FYI, im running FSX-SE with windows 10. Has anyone else experienced this and were you able to resolve? One more thing, i also get a box popping up in the sim that says "user settings not found, do you wish to run the setup wizard," but when i click on this, nothing happens and fsx shuts down. I bet I am missing something but after reading through the documentation i dont see what. I did also activate the software so that is not an issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

and still have not been able to use the planes yet

Pete, let me go ahead and preempt BBS' response to you: You're clearly an idiot that isn't smart or privileged enough to use their product. It's completely your fault that the software doesn't work. In fact, you may very well be using a pirated copy.

There, that should about do it.

• Upvote 1

Pete, let me go ahead and preempt BBS' response to you: You're clearly an idiot that isn't smart or privileged enough to use their product. It's completely your fault that the software doesn't work. In fact, you may very well be using a pirated copy.

There, that should about do it.

LMAO! I defintely needed some comic relief! I know I was forewarned...but I figured with the combined discounts from PC Aviator i would give it a shot. I know in the end I have only myself to blame if it cant get resolved...buyer beware. Thank goodness my fridge is packed with beer.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete, make sure you install it as admin. Make sure you use latest version (v0.85.1). Make sure you have FSUIPC installed. Make sure you start with some simple default plane (i use piper cub - when i loaded Airbus dicrectly the sim crashed) and than change to Airbus while you are loaded to the sim.

Pete, make sure you install it as admin. Make sure you use latest version (v0.85.1). Make sure you have FSUIPC installed. Make sure you start with some simple default plane (i use piper cub - when i loaded Airbus dicrectly the sim crashed) and than change to Airbus while you are loaded to the sim.

Will reinstall later per your suggestions. Thanks Kris!

Cheers, Pete