Sign in to follow this  
makdrive

BlackBox Simulation- Airbus A330/40

Blackbox is the commercial airliner's Carenado with worse 3D. I think this sums it up.

Finishing up systems must really hurt somewhere.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Strange, I did a test flight just before I wrote my post with the A330 and made a flawless autoland (I usually fly approaches and landing's manually coz I think it's more fun). Must be something wrong with the AFCAD file then? Or maybe an older version of the BBS. I'm using the v.0.81.5.

Have you tried landing at a different airport?

On a side note, it is not uncommon that the AFCAD file in sceneries, especially in terms of correction/alignment of ILS's get overlooked by scenery developers.

I did my landing at ENAT using the AoN* scenery, and I know the developer is a stickler when it comes to making a proper AFCAD files for his sceneries, so technically you could land anywhere in Norway where there's AON scenery.

I believe AoN covers all major airports in Norway, but I'm a bit unsure how accurate AFCAD's are when it comes to the none-AoN payware airports. I seem to remember there was some problems with the AFCAD file in the ENGM payware package from AS back in the day. And I don't know if it's been corrected. (I've been away from simming for a while, just getting back into the saddle again :)

*AoN - Airport's of Norway - remarkable freeware scenery covering most of Norway.

Hi all, I have just purchased the Airbus wide body "prologue", where can I find a text tutorial for blackbox a 330-200? There isn't any in the BBS website and I am a newbie.
Thanks a lot! :)

BB for me is interesting as it evolves. I've had the odd issue but the developers have been prompt in getting back to me to help resolve them. No complaints here - I knew it was a WIP when I purchased.

Valfoss.... there should be an attached  doc.. Airbus for Dummies. It's an easy to read guide to get you started. Also check out Capt, Mike Ray's guides. They are very good. 

Dave

BB for me is interesting as it evolves. I've had the odd issue but the developers have been prompt in getting back to me to help resolve them.

No complaints here - I knew it was a WIP when I purchased.

Valfoss.... there should be an attached  doc.. Airbus for Dummies. It's an easy to read guide to get you started.

Also check out Capt, Mike Ray's guides. They are very good. 

Dave

There are such a document. Aerosoft usually include it with their AIrbuses. It is called weird and wonderful Airbus logic.

It gives a brief introduction of the logic of Airbus' systems and Airbus' logic behind it.

Scambox simulations. No value for money unfortunately. Please do not fall for their faulty open beta program.

• Upvote 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I like them airbuses. I had problems landing them manually but I managed to fix all the wobbling  with the right amount of nullzone.

The only thing I do not really like about them is that "managed descent" is not working right. The thing seems to have a mind of its own ?

Valfoss.... there should be an attached  doc.. Airbus for Dummies. It's an easy to read guide to get you started. Also check out Capt, Mike Ray's guides. They are very good. 

Dave

Thank you guys, I've found the 330's tutorial in the Blackbox folder.  :wink:

Scambox simulations. No value for money unfortunately. Please do not fall for their faulty open beta program.

When you (and others here who are constantly complaining) decided to buy what is *beta software* you should have known all that would be encompassing....meaning unfinished systems, bugs, incorrect performance parameters, handling issues, installation issues, texture issues, memory leaks, sound issues, etc etc.

Nobody held a gun to your head(s) to buy it. They never once said it was a finished product when they began selling it - so not sure why persons here are acting as though they did.

Moral of the story: if you want a finished (or as close to finished as you can possibly get) software - save your pennies and wait until the final release - don't buy beta versions and complain afterwards.

• Upvote 1

I do noy buy beta software. Now with the A318-A321 series and the upcoming A330 from AS, this BBS offering will be a thing of the past.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Credit where credit is due.The buses now are nice.

Good to hear. Going to give them a try. Thanks

Still disappointed. Granted it's .15 from being done, but still. Where to begin? Oh, yeah, the VC looks like my niece drew it.