Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

New PC12 repaint WIP

You can use DXTBmp to send the alpha to your editor, make changes, save, then go back to DXTBmp, and "reload after edit".

image.jpg

I've downloaded a DDS import tool for GIMP, so that isn't the problem, rather how to use GIMP to edit the alpha in the first place.

After playing around with it, I've figured it out (in GIMP, use layer masking and then layer to alpha - then right click and select edit and show alpha, edit it using tools, then apply back).

Okay, just need to fix up a couple of things, mostly on the winglets and the registration specular reflection. Need to correct that blue metallic colour too.

I did try to edit the alpha but wasn't too happy with the result - found I had better luck adding metallic flakes into the specular reflections, as per below (although imgur might have killed the quality of the picture):

Gj8gaSA.jpg

I'll probably stick all my PC12 repaints WIP into this thread.

Next up will be the Finnish air force paint request as it looks pretty easy. Hopefully in a week it'll be done.

I'll probably stick all my PC12 repaints WIP into this thread.

Next up will be the Finnish air force paint request as it looks pretty easy. Hopefully in a week it'll be done.

Could I switch my request from Finnish Air Force to a private charter JetFly, LX-JFK

It's also not that complex of a paint

Does anyone know of a viewer that one could look at a paint with.  My son is painting some Careando aircraft in a virtual airline scheme in his spear time but does not have FSX installed.  Just using the white aircraft file I sent him and using DXTBmp and Photoshop.  Right now he is painting and then send it to me.  I add it to FSX and take a screen shot and mail back to me with changes to make.  Not good way to do it.  He doesn't want to load up FSX.  Any helpwould be appriciated.

Thank

Dick

I tried MCX (model converter x) and it seems to work okay as a model viewer although there's issues with the lighting and gear bay textures being screwed up.

Your son will need the .mdl and aircraft.Cfg files though I believe, set up in the right folders.

Has anyone done a Surf Air livery?

I'd really like a Surf Air livery as well. :) 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s