Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P3D v2.5 ... almost there ... C-130 fireworks ... Homer ... bad landing

It's looks like v2.5 is getting close (final Beta so hopefully not too much longer before release) ... I even tossed Captain Sim's C-130 (FSX only aircraft) at v2.5 after getting the OK from CS ... made a few adjustments so the installer would work and viola ...

WARNING: I just jumped in ... no reading of manuals, no figuring anything out ... and it shows.

Tested on Orbx Homer (PAHO) recent release for P3D, without an (ObjectFlow.dll) ... seemed to work well.

Yes I missed something on landing, thought I had the gear down, but maybe the skids?  Don't know, I'm sure there's a C-130 pilot somewhere around here to enlighten me.

Cheers, Rob.

Tested on Orbx Homer (PAHO) recent release for P3D, without an (ObjectFlow.dll) ... seemed to work well.

I thought ORBX stuff was not going to work initially because of the new folder structure??

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, GTX980Ti, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Good news!!! Rob :rolleyes:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS 2020 | Prepar3D 5.0 (HF2) | X-Plane 11.50 | Weather Engine: ActiveSky & ASCA | ENVTEX & ENVSHADE |  Add-Ons: A2A Accu-sim Bonanza | Majestic Software MJC8 Q400 PRO | Maddog X MD-82 base | PMDG 737 NGXu Base & 600/700 Expansion | FSLabs A320-X Base & A319-X expansion | Tools: SimToolkitPro | Reality XP GTN 750 | FFTF Dynamic | ProATC-X | GSX Level 2 Expansion  |

I even tossed Captain Sim's C-130 (FSX only aircraft) at v2.5 after getting the OK from CS ... made a few adjustments so the installer would work and viola ...

Very interesting Rob, what did you need to do the get the installer work?

Do you think CS will make an updated installer?

LM should just add all available Lockheed aircraft to P3D  :lol:

I thought ORBX stuff was not going to work initially because of the new folder structure??

gb.

I hope this got resolved during the Beta-process. Though there hasn't been any new information other than OrbX saying they're "working on it".

Asus Prime X370-Pro / Ryzen 7 1800X / 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz / Asus GTX 1070 Turbo
Fractal Design XL R2 / Phanteks PH-TC14PE / Corsair CX650M
2 TB SSD / 4 TB HDD

Wow. Even though you warned us Rob, the squealing on the landing really caught me off-guard. :D

Derek Rogers
PC Specs: Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz : 16GB RAM : GTX 970 4GB

Rob, what did you need to do the get the installer work?

Just need to create two files call FSX.EXE and the other FS9.EXE (can be empty files) in the P3D root.  But be warned there is some functionality not working such as Radar, nav lights, and the sounds seem a little off.  It also wants to install OpenAL (sound driver which might explain sound issues) which maybe a source for PVF (Pure Virtual Function) errors.  Even though I got C-130 to work, it definitely needs some additional work to really be P3D compatible and CS will not support it under P3D.  But no the less, I enjoyed trying it out and was glad seem much was functional.

I wish I kept my 2.2, - v2.4 is killing me with VAS, I can't even enjoy PNW now.

VAS is improved with the fix to Vehicle Selection (big source of VAS consumption if you browse aircraft) and the new UseGlobalTerrainView=True in Prepar3d.cfg.  However, PNW and KORS and Victoria seem to be big consumers of VAS ... but to be honest, Orbx have so many detailed airports in that area and along with close proximity to KSEA and Vancouver ... so in terms of VAS that location is really stressed for memory consumption.

There were some things I needed to do, so Orbx will have to address those also.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the C-130 ride Rob. It brought back many memories. I spent a lot of time in jump seat of the 130 over the Far East and South East Asia. Even got a good bit of stick time in the right seat but don't tell the government! :American Flag:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.1/8086K@5.0/EVGA 1080TI SC Black/850W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung Monitor@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/ChasePlane/General Aviation/Flight1 Mustang/

Is Estonia Migration Tool not going to work w/ 2.5 do we know?  I guess they will create an update hopefully...

Noel

System:  9900K@4.9Ghz@1.21v all cores w/ HT enabled, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz.

Is Estonia Migration Tool not going to work w/ 2.5 do we know?

I don't know, I've never needed to use EMT ... but I would imagine they need to make some adjustments if they want to support v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, are you using any of the cloud size adjustments in that video or the default 0.5 value?

Ryan

Rob, are you using any of the cloud size adjustments in that video or the default 0.5 value?

I'm using the file provided in V2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now