Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hello!

Great tool! Please continue to improve it.

I noticed with HF11 and AS Oslo 1.06:

Aircraft takeoff on RWY 01R and 01L, but always get RWY01L SIDs assigned, never the 01R SIDs.

Is this behaviour intentional?

Regards

Nepo

The departures are still controlled by FSX/P3D, but as i posted earlier, the "left" approaches seem to be preferred indeed.

I understood that it is not intensional, unless the 01R is closed for landings in the AFD.

Paths are definitely correct.  I need to check the other lists. 

When i moved my networked version from the laptop using XP to another desktop using Win 7 I thought I had covered off on all the bases. It would start but like you nothing displayed. Then one of the people here mentioned needing to load the latest version of Simconnect and both vcredist_64 and vcredist_X86. I already had the latest Simconnect version loaded by virtue of PMDG aircraft loaded into FSX Steam Version but had overlooked one (or maybe both) of the other two files. When I loaded them AiController sprang to life.

On another note make sure your folders on the main FSX machine are correctly shared. I'm sure you have done this or you would have got a message about it but check anyway.

Hello again,

Unpacked the 14B-F yesterday for P3D, let program set the paths automatically, then run AIM at FSDT KLAX and noticed that I lot of arriving planes are stuck in the "Holding" mode and moving nowhere. For 20-25 minutes 2 or 3 AI were released for the final approach, tried to land but executed go-around.

I use P3D on dedicated HD, AIC installed separately on another disk, C. The path to AI folder is shown in Advanced Path Mode. I use a mixed bag of various AIs such as FAIB, TFS, AIA. For AI I used FDE by Jim Martin donwloaded from AIG web-site

Your help would be much appreciated.

Is AIC pointed to your data files correctly?

Yes, I double-checked all the paths twice. One thing, however, AIC states that it cannot find some entries in scenery.cfg, while the path itself to Program Data folder (where scenery.cfg is located) shown correctly. My understanding that it might be a bug

Also, the manual for SIDSTAR converter is very fuzzy. I realize that English is a second language for the developer (as for myself). Could someone post 1-2-3 walk-through how to associate PMDG NavData with AIM? Or please provide a link in a previous discussion. Thank you

Is the one related to filtering ground AI an option or should I et the matter drop?

Not a problem, I'll look into it for later versions, but for this version I concentrating on bug-fixes now (anxious to release the final version).

I don't know if it's linked with the up-date patch, but since, every aircrafts climb from cruise level to higher altitudes while approaching final destination... (STAR)

The STARs created by the conversion program have an initial entry altitude, if the entry alt higher than the jet route alt range?

Only complaint (well not really) is all AI get assigned to the MAX flight level which is entered in the settings. (eg lower range 33000 & upper range 38000. All AI will fly at 38000 heading west and 37000 heading east)

I think this is related to the "fast" jet route calc option.  If you turn that option off, you'll get better spreads within the user-specified ranges.

This might be, but as long as this function is not ICAO based but affecting all monitored airports, i try to avoid to use it.

I will definitely go ICAO-based forced runway selection in the next version (both landing and departing runways).

I too would love to be able to experience what it would be like to approach a very busy airport and entry a descending holding pattern that I have heard described this way. Like on the charts a holding pattern is designated for approaches (such as a racetrack) and that ATC tells u to enter at a specific altitude and speed and give a descent rate. For instance 13 planes in a holding pattern where u enter at 12,000 feet and as you do the racetrack you descend at say 100 fpm ( or 100-1500 loss of altitude per holding fix crossing ...  at which u have descended 1000 feet and the plane before you has done the sand. AND at at the bottom exits and get final approach and landing clearance and the next plane following do the same and so on. (Picture a car park 8 levels high and cars spaced so there is only one car on each floor and as they go down the ramp they reach the bottom level -  exit the pattern cleared to land. New planes entering the pattern do so at 1000 above the highest plane and this continues until the holding area is empty and all planes have landed.

Very interesting suggestion, thanks!  Would such a feature be OK if it weren't tied to any specific STAR (I ask because your suggestion would be a lot easier implement if it were a feature of the enhanced "generic" approach mode).

I cannot get AIMonitor to work on a networked computer.  It is setup correctly and it does start, etc. but it never shows anything when collecting data, even if I restrict it to just the airport I am currently at.  If I run it on the FSX machine it works perfectly. 

Are you running both AIM and AIC on the same networked computer?  If so, the networked computer is running WinXP, correct?  Does AIC start and does it seem to be working normally (based on the status text in the console window)?

Aircraft takeoff on RWY 01R and 01L, but always get RWY01L SIDs assigned, never the 01R SIDs.

Do the SIDs have a runway number in them (not required, but ties down the SID more closely to a particular runway)?  If not, try putting the runway number 1R in the 01R SID. 

noticed that I lot of arriving planes are stuck in the "Holding" mode and moving nowhere. F

Stationary AI usually means no final and taxi data was decompiled from scenery for the airport being monitored.  AIC will warn about this at startup.  Make sure you run a force update of the runway and taxi data.  You can verify the data was decompiled by looking for the ICAO in the taxi_graph.txt file.  You can verify exactly what scenery was decompiled for the ICAO by looking in AIControllerPath.txt.

Could someone post 1-2-3 walk-through how to associate PMDG NavData with AIM?

Take a look at this video, from about 10:00 to 13:30:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e70BCcx-w&feature=youtu.be

Nepomuk, on 25 Jun 2015 - 9:13 PM, said:snapback.png

Do the SIDs have a runway number in them (not required, but ties down the SID more closely to a particular runway)?  If not, try putting the runway number 1R in the 01R SID.

Yes, the SIDs are named with runway number in the filename. Maybe you could reproduce the issue as ENGM-SIDs are part of the release 14BHF11.

Yes, the SIDs are named with runway number in the filename. Maybe you could reproduce the issue as ENGM-SIDs are part of the release 14BHF11.

Sure, I'll take a look at it.

Are you running both AIM and AIC on the same networked computer?  If so, the networked computer is running WinXP, correct?  Does AIC start and does it seem to be working normally (based on the status text in the console window)?

Yes - Both AIM and AIC on the same networked computer.
Yes - Running Windows XP.
Yes - AIC appears to be running normally based on the status messages

One issue:
I am flying with FSX Steam but pointing to the FSX Scenery folder using full paths.  I get the path error for some (but not all) airports.  Do I have to go into the advanced path settings for each airport or can I just point to the main FSX scenery folder?

And a question:

Is it possible to run AIC on the main FSX computer but the AIM on the second networked computer.  If this is possible it will work fine for me because I just want to see the AI landing and takeoff runways and adjust if needed.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Stationary AI usually means no final and taxi data was decompiled from scenery for the airport being monitored.  AIC will warn about this at startup.  Make sure you run a force update of the runway and taxi data.  You can verify the data was decompiled by looking for the ICAO in the taxi_graph.txt file.  You can verify exactly what scenery was decompiled for the ICAO by looking in AIControllerPath.txt.

Thank you, I'll try to see later tonight. In the meantime I reinstalled AIM, set all the paths and got this message. I double checked that all files are set correctly

Have a quick question. Is 4x acceleration in P3D for AI spotting prohibited in AIM mode?

Prohibited is a strong word, but yes, you will notice, every plane that is in "precision mode" like in the final acting very allergic when activating acc.

You will see, the control overreact or is allways to late, so it is better to avoid acc. as long any AI is in short final.

But also other AI might miss a Waypoint sometimes and try to catch it again.