Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

I've mentioned this before but is there any chance of having AiMonitor show the Gate at which an aircraft is standing?

Would it be possible for AIMonitor to show a column with the aircraft type? That would facilitate a lot identifying aicraft on the ground and on final. I reckon that should be easy to implement...

Great ideas, I'm sort of running out of screen real-estate (if I size it for the "average" display).  I have thought about adding both of those columns though.

So to me it seemed, the "left" Runway was prefered despite the setting for balancing.
Also the same for the Enhances Autogen Approaches, for a long time the left hand patterns were dominating the AI Monitor, only few AI have been assigned to the "R" Runways.

Thanks, I'll look into it.  I think if you force the landing runways, the load-balancing is distributed more equally between the forced landing runways.  

Great ideas, I'm sort of running out of screen real-estate (if I size it for the "average" display).  I have thought about adding both of those columns though.

Thanks, I'll look into it.  I think if you force the landing runways, the load-balancing is distributed more equally between the forced landing runways.  

Is the one related to filtering ground AI an option or should I et the matter drop?

Hi,

I don't know if it's linked with the up-date patch, but since, every aircrafts climb from cruise level to higher altitudes while approaching final destination... (STAR)

Checked and followed installation process.

Any idea ?

Thank you very much for this wonderful software !

BR
Eric

Hi Roland,

Had time for another flight tonight and very impressed with the way AI Monitor selected the jet routes.

Only complaint (well not really) is all AI get assigned to the MAX flight level which is entered in the settings. (eg lower range 33000 & upper range 38000. All AI will fly at 38000 heading west and 37000 heading east)

The correct RVSM levels are working perfectly however I assumed the assignment of level to be random between this range. 

cheers

ice

This might be, but as long as this function is not ICAO based but affecting all monitored airports, i try to avoid to use it.

Very possibly (side by side with the AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D Radar) the best piece of freeware ever made for FSX.

Many many thanks. I really enjoy converting my SIDS/STARS and watching the AI fly them. Very fun....

Would love to see both pieces of software incorporated for simplicity sake but knowing that will probably never happen...I have no issue running both side by side.

Hi All

I too would love to be able to experience what it would be like to approach a very busy airport and entry a descending holding pattern that I have heard described this way. Like on the charts a holding pattern is designated for approaches (such as a racetrack) and that ATC tells u to enter at a specific altitude and speed and give a descent rate. For instance 13 planes in a holding pattern where u enter at 12,000 feet and as you do the racetrack you descend at say 100 fpm ( or 100-1500 loss of altitude per holding fix crossing ...  at which u have descended 1000 feet and the plane before you has done the sand. AND at at the bottom exits and get final approach and landing clearance and the next plane following do the same and so on. (Picture a car park 8 levels high and cars spaced so there is only one car on each floor and as they go down the ramp they reach the bottom level -  exit the pattern cleared to land. New planes entering the pattern do so at 1000 above the highest plane and this continues until the holding area is empty and all planes have landed.

I realize my numbers and timing may be off and this may be an old or even oudated-unrealistic procedure - but picture the thrill as a simmer doing this maneuver at the worlds busiest airport gets.

I know its not a native AI procedures and the major difficulty is getting ATC to know when and how to even do this as well as getting AI craft to follow it..

But could it be coded in ANY Way and added in any fashion so that ALL planes arriving enter this procedure, regardless of the 'Normal' wayi--- just so this can be experienced? realistically or not.

Off top of my head if planes can be given a IFR flight plan that has all the way points and descent profile of the stack built i, would they follow it?

Hope this concept is clear and i realize THAT rarely are planes stacked into holding patterns likE this but is there ANY way to do it? As i think many of us wpuld love to actually perform a Stacked holding patter as a challenge.

chumley, on 21 Jun 2015 - 4:05 PM, said:

I've mentioned this before but is there any chance of having AiMonitor show the Gate at which an aircraft is standing?

nthabti79, on 21 Jun 2015 - 4:21 PM, said:

Would it be possible for AIMonitor to show a column with the aircraft type? That would facilitate a lot identifying aicraft on the ground and on final. I reckon that should be easy to implement...

If you are running out of screen real-estate perhaps you could allow it to be user customisable from a list of column options. The widest column is that which shows the flightplan etc. That could be a fixed size with the flightplan displayed when you hover the mouse over the line if user customisation is not preferred. Just a thought (or two).

I cannot get AIMonitor to work on a networked computer.  It is setup correctly and it does start, etc. but it never shows anything when collecting data, even if I restrict it to just the airport I am currently at.  If I run it on the FSX machine it works perfectly.  Anyone else getting it to work properly networked?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I cannot get AIMonitor to work on a networked computer.  It is setup correctly and it does start, etc. but it never shows anything when collecting data, even if I restrict it to just the airport I am currently at.  If I run it on the FSX machine it works perfectly.  Anyone else getting it to work properly networked?

Works networked for me.

Are you config pathways correct?

Does your AiControllerlist.txt have the correct SidStars shown?

Is your taxi_graph.txt populated?

Have you loaded vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86 on the networked machine?

Works networked for me.

Are you config pathways correct?

Does your AiControllerlist.txt have the correct SidStars shown?

Is your taxi_graph.txt populated?

Have you loaded vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86 on the networked machine?

Paths are definitely correct.  I need to check the other lists. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Quick question from newbie...can AIC work effectively in Europeann/Asian metro-areas such as Tokyo and London?

Thanks

Yes!

Thant's good to hear. Going to run the test tonight at VHHH