Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

Hi Roland.

Any success by searching for the "minimum size requirement" bug?

It seems, also with HF4, every Gate larger than 10 Meter (33ft) Diameter is taken into account for every Aircraft.

I now shrinked every GA Gate at EDDL to less than 5 Meter radius. At 5 Meter there have still 2 B737-800W been assigned there.

At 2 Meter or 1 Meter Radius no Aircraft has been assinged to that Gates the whole day.

At the other Hand observed that the Antonov 124 has been assigned to a 20 Meter Radius Gate which is the half of the minimum.

Maybe this information helps.

Additional, AIController tends to park AI in the "doggystyle mode" :rolleyes:

Seems, AIController is not allways aware that the Gate is already occupied, maybe this could also be related to the re-injection of UT2 Traffic.

It is hard to follow if the gate was occupied BEFORE the assigned AI lands or if the new AI will be assigned though the gate was occupied.

Hi Roland,

Seems, AIController is not allways aware that the Gate is already occupied, maybe this could also be related to the re-injection of UT2 Traffic.

It is hard to follow if the gate was occupied BEFORE the assigned AI lands or if the new AI will be assigned though the gate was occupied.

Same at me, I also use UT2. Apart from this, since "Hot Fix 4" all aircraft taxi to the assingned gates regarding their airline-code, as they should now.

After a new decompiling, there was also no need to edit the "brake_scalar"; Don't know why; however it works without any overshooting the runway now, even with "toe_brakes_scale = 0.001". Thanks for fixing that, this saves a lot of work !

But I found another issue, which I hadn't noticed yet : It seems, that FSX-controlled aircraft cannot detect AIC-controlled aircraft on ground. As I have reduced the taxi-speed from 15 to 10 kts for smoother movement, the FSX-controlled aircraft (taxiing out) are a little faster then AIC-controlled aircraft. So they run over them when they are taxiing behind them in some situation.

Also it seems that approaching AIC-controlled aircraft  don't detect the user-aircraft at ground. Yesterday, I was "Cleared for take-off" alredy lined up on the runway, as there was touched down a 737 just before me. :o

Thanks and a nice Sunday !

Dietmar

Hi Andy,

You might not have the right version of SimConnect...I don't know what version you have there.  What are you running (P3D, FSX)?

I'm on FSX-SE and I have 4 versions of SimConnect:

60905 (FSX RTM)

61242 (FSX SP1)

61259 (FSX Accel/Gold)

62608 (FSX-SE)

To find out which versions of SimConnect you have to search your C:\ drive for SimConnect and you should have lines like "x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62608.0_none_6994c60660d9a3f3".  What is important is the bolded numbers...the rest is system dependent.

AIController most likely runs on 61259.  Because of this, the minimum of SimConnect 61259 has to be installed on every computer in your SimConnect network, but I suggest you do all of them so keep backward compatibility on some older programs that use older SimConnect versions.

If you have FSX on disk, the SimConnect modules are in the FSX SDK that will have to be installed.  You can find out to do that here:  http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_%28FSX%29 depending on your version.

Once the SDK is installed, run the Simconnect.msi files inside the SDK on both your FSX machine and client machine to install those versions of SimConnect.  There should be three if you have FSX Accel ot FSX Gold..

If you have P3D or FSX-SE, there should be a SDK folder in your P3D or FSX file folder.  Inside, you should find the SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\*.* which should have all the legacy SimConnect files.  Run all of those on your client to install SimConnect.  Do it on your FSX computer too if they're not installed.

Once that is done, you should have several SimConnect Folders when you search SimConnect under c:\

This is what I have using FSX-SE...there will be 3 if you use FSX boxed:

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62608.0_none_6994c60660d9a3f3

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

In your FSX Application folder (where your fsx.cfg and xml files are) you should have a SimConnect.xml similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Address>192.168.1.80</Address>

<MaxRecvSize>8192</MaxRecvSize>

<Port>500</Port>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

Make sure you substitute your own IP address (I set mine so they never change)

On your client(s), in your Documents Folder, you must have your SimConnect.cfg flie:

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.1.80

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=8192

DisableNagle=0

Again,substitute your own IP address.

Once that is done, all versions of Simconnect on your systems should talk to each other.

You are a Star!!! Thank you for the time you have taken to explain what I needed to do. 

I didn't have a Simconnect.cfg on my client machine and once I created it and put it in the Documents folder everything came to life - as you knew it would.

I have just spen the last hour watching the comings and goings at YSSY and I love it - many thanks Roland for your effort.

Like everyone, I think, who gets a new toy there will always be something that strikes one as a possible enhancement.

Sometime ago I suggested you enable a filter on the AiMonitor screen that would provide for one airport to be identified as the focus airport and that is working well. Thank you. 

I would like to make a further suggestion to filter out aircraft that are in 'sleep' mode in lieu of or as well as the Include/Exclude Ground AI option. At a large and busy airport this would make operations more clear.

Thanks again for the help and the development of AiController.

Thank you for the time you have taken to explain what I needed to do.

No problem!  Glad you were able to get it working.  SimConnect is confusing to set up on a network!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

FYI, I think the jetroutes got broken in the last build (hotfix 4).  They don't seem to be assigned anymore.

OK, I'll take a look when I get back....should be an easy fix.

I was wondering instead of using "generic" speeds at alititude, would you be able to scan the aircraft.cfg files for the CRUISE_SPEED= and use those? 
And for wind component, would you be able to scan the weather in FSX using simconnect or FSUIPC (instead of setting it in cfg file) to set the Groundspeed of the AI in jetroutes so they fly at more realistic speeds with wind component added? 

Yes, good idea regarding cruise_speed from aircraft.cfg.

Regarding wind component (different groundspeed v. airspeed), that is now supported by AIController.

It seems, also with HF4, every Gate larger than 10 Meter (33ft) Diameter is taken into account for every Aircraft.

I now shrinked every GA Gate at EDDL to less than 5 Meter radius. At 5 Meter there have still 2 B737-800W been assigned there.
At 2 Meter or 1 Meter Radius no Aircraft has been assinged to that Gates the whole day.
At the other Hand observed that the Antonov 124 has been assigned to a 20 Meter Radius Gate which is the half of the minimum.

Maybe this information helps.

Sure, I'll take a look at that when I get back.  Is this what you mean by the minimum size requirement bug?

Yes, this seems related to UT2 re-injection.

Apart from this, since "Hot Fix 4" all aircraft taxi to the assingned gates regarding their airline-code, as they should now.
After a new decompiling, there was also no need to edit the "brake_scalar"; Don't know why; however it works without any overshooting the runway now, even with "toe_brakes_scale = 0.001". Thanks for fixing that, this saves a lot of work !

But I found another issue, which I hadn't noticed yet : It seems, that FSX-controlled aircraft cannot detect AIC-controlled aircraft on ground. As I have reduced the taxi-speed from 15 to 10 kts for smoother movement, the FSX-controlled aircraft (taxiing out) are a little faster then AIC-controlled aircraft. So they run over them when they are taxiing behind them in some situation.

Also it seems that approaching AIC-controlled aircraft  don't detect the user-aircraft at ground. Yesterday, I was "Cleared for take-off" alredy lined up on the runway, as there was touched down a 737 just before me.

That's good to hear re: airline codes.  Yes, the FSX-controlled AI (taxiing out) aren't aware and my overtake AIController AI (taxiing-in).  AIController AI should be able to detect collisions with FSX-controlled AI, but it is fairly rudimentary at this point and I don't think the overtaking scenario you mentioned will be reliably detected.  The ultimate fix is to take over taxi-out operations, which is a feature I intend to add.

Re: incursion, try increasing "distance departing or landing AI creates incursion with taxi AI at hold short positions" for AI-AI incursions at takeoff.  Try increasing user-AI separation distance for user-AI incursion at takeoff.  Also try to get landing and strobe lights on and rolling faster than 15 kts as quickly as possible, which also triggers user-AI incursion checks at takeoff.

I have just spen the last hour watching the comings and goings at YSSY and I love it - many thanks Roland for your effort.

Good to read your new Win7 network client is up and running!

Sure, I'll take a look at that when I get back.  Is this what you mean by the minimum size requirement bug?

Yes, this is how i call it.

I have to explore it more, but following my latest experience, when AIController don´t find the matching Airlinecode in the ADE and try the "second choice", every Gate larger than 5 Meter (radius) is a valid choice for Jets of the A320/B737 Class, and in the Case of the AN124 20 Meter radius is sufficient to assign that Gate.

I still assume, the conversion might still be buggy...

Another experience is regarding the "first choice" method:

EDDL hosts many CRJ200 operated by Lufthansas daughter Eurowings. The Parking Code is DLHX.

Nevertheless i noticed that the Aircraft was assigned  to a Gate with the Lufthansa Code DLH.

Does AIController distinguish between 3 and 4 letter codes? In general, does AIController read 4 letters at all?

Looks like I spoke too soon.

After having it running for several hours yesterday suddenly and without warning it stopped working and no amount of fiddling can get it back in operation.

I have double checked the steps outlined by 'netshadoe' but to no avail.

I should mention that the FSX machine has versions 60905, 61355 and 61637 of simconnect.dll and the client 6155 and 61637. It was this way when it worked so it is difficult to imagine it is the problem.

At a complete loss - again.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

After having it running for several hours yesterday suddenly and without warning it stopped working and no amount of fiddling can get it back in operation.

I have double checked the steps outlined by 'netshadoe' but to no avail.

I should mention that the FSX machine has versions 60905, 61355 and 61637 of simconnect.dll and the client 6155 and 61637. It was this way when it worked so it is difficult to imagine it is the problem.

At a complete loss - again.

No longer at a loss - at least not in the short term.

had a chat with my son and he asked me to recheck the IP address. When I did I found my computer IP address had changed so I have set it so it won't change in the future. 

Now working again.

Getting too old for this  :rolleyes:

had a chat with my son and he asked me to recheck the IP address. When I did I found my computer IP address had changed so I have set it so it won't change in the future.

Yeah, that's why I set my IP addresses, because if you use a router, you end up with changing IP addresses whenever the leases run out.

SimConnect can be set to use the Computer IDs, but I have never had reliable luck with that method.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

And me again too... :ph34r:

Looks like i found the reason for the missassignement. Basically it is a structural issue caused by Airport design:

When i understand the taxi_graph.txt right, you collect "O,PARK,19,51.5141331776977,7.60999202728271,2,9,0,10,23.000207901001,142.580001831055,BER"

"O" might be a trigger for locations with coordinates, then "PARK" for parkings", then a internal count number, then the coordinates followed by the gate number named by the AFD.

Then there are 3 values i cannot assign. Maybe anyone can help out.

The rest are gate radius in Meter, orientation in degrees and the parking codes.

OK, the glitch is, the Gate numbers are multiple times present!

For the Example EDDL, we have GATE A, GATE B and GATE C, each of them have Fingers numbered from 1 to 8 or 11, additional outside positions starting with "V"

As far as i can see, AIController does not distinguish correct  between  Gate A1 and V1 or Gate B2 and C2.

It will assign "Taxi to Gate 1",  not A1. Unfortunatly there are the 3-4 gates with number 1, with different diameters, orientations and parking codes.

I cannot clearly see how AIController decides which number 1 is the final taxi destination, but i can see, the same aircraft is rolling to different Aprons in case of the "second choice"  method. And it is visible that the aircraft somtiemes park in a bad angle, that is for me an additional reason to assume, that AIC mix the values when it assign e. g. parking 2.

Looks like it choose the coordinates of the GA apron, but the orientation of GATE B and so on.

Not easy to suggest how to fix that issue, i think, to be sure to see "realistic" gate assignements there´s no other way than editing each and every AFD and assign parking codes to avoid the "second choice" mode.

Nevertheless, my question above about 4 letter codes like "DLHX"  keeps up to date!

***edit***

One more mismatch

qrllb267.jpg

This is not a Airbus 225 designed by Antonov :lol:

2 things happend:

First, one mor time the Gate was occupied already. Even worse is, this Gate is to small for this Aircraft!

The Gate 16 was assigned by the "First choice" method. The A343 has a wingspan of 197,85 ft (checked in the aircraft.cfg), so the half diameter is 30 Meter, that means, the smallest valid gate should be arround 31 Meter.

This Gate A16 is only 25 Meter, at the same time this is the largest listed Gate 16, there are 2 more with 24 and 2 Meters, but without Airline Parking Codes.

So, under no circumstances the DLH A343 was allowed to be assigned at ANY gate 16...

*** edit 2***

The next 2 doggystyle parkings, in both cases I KNOW that the gates already have been occupied BEFORE the new AI´s even received their approach.

So i´m in doubt that this issue is related to UT2

Hi!

thanks again for the update but I keep getting the MSVCP120.dll error when launching AiConv.... Windows 8.1 x64 Italian. Already tried the dot/comma trick with no luck.... :(

So i´m in doubt that this issue is related to UT2

Just for the record, I use WOAI and MAIW and I too see the doggystyle parking issue...I don't have UT2.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

and to add further the record - I also have the doggystyle parking and I don't have or use UT2.