Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

AI Controller 1.4 (SID, Jet Route, STAR and Final Approach) (New) Beta

hi roland,

i am testing your version 14b at EDDS with default options. After 40 miniutes, my airport is empty. no planes is going to land ! during final, every plane will get a new Des Alt of 10000 ft and turns away from final approach ???

Any suggestions ?

Greets Pepe

Well I got the program up and running with full SID/STAR setup - nicely done.  But wow, a lot of problems around me.    

1) Many, many planes around me on approach would turn very sharply, some would turn upside down, speed up to incredible speeds, and then slow down to nothing. 2) Ground traffic, a tail dragger was slowly moving across the airport field, grass and tarmac in reverse at a very slow speed.   Just a straight line, straight back.  Weird.    Most of the weird observations took place at the arrival airport, a busy CYYZ.    When I left Montreal, I had a Dash 8 come in and land on top of me as I prepared for takeoff, but the aircraft at the departure airport seemed to be working properly.   

I do enjoy watching the AI approaches, battling wind and trying to line up for the approach, superb!  

I'm thinking the air traffic behaviour may be more related to settings.   

FSX - box version.   AIController runs on client machine, no other AI traffic programs installed to manipulate traffic.   I do have UT2 installed.  STB runs on the client and I'm able to watch other AI through Flightsim Commander, that's where I would see a lot of really large speed fluctuations. 

JH

hi again,

the first planes landed after 50 minutes runing the simulator. after landing, they left the runway anywhere, but not on a taxi way. after this, the planes sliding over the airport and sttoped anywhere, but not on a correct parking spot .... :(

all this behaviours with default options ...

greets pepe

FYI, I think the jetroutes got broken in the last build (hotfix 4).  They don't seem to be assigned anymore.

Believe it or not, I'm finally getting a chance to look at the code for this issue (back from vacation).  However, I'm getting jetroute assignment.  Can you tell me what steps you take that results in no assignment?

In the last build (HF3), I noticed that the flight levels are still not being assigned properly according to direction of flight some of the time.  Most seem ok, but I still get the occasional traffic coming at me from the opposite direction.

Is there any chance this is collision avoidance (AIController will command AI to climb or descend and bust FL to avoid the user aircraft)?

I was wondering instead of using "generic" speeds at alititude, would you be able to scan the aircraft.cfg files for the CRUISE_SPEED= and use those? 

Still on track with this.  Great idea and relatively easy too, which makes it even greater.  ^_^

Believe it or not, I'm finally getting a chance to look at the code for this issue (back from vacation). However, I'm getting jetroute assignment. Can you tell me what steps you take that results in no assignment?

OK...I took a look again (I also had rebooted since the last time) and it seems to be working.  My bad!  I must have had some hung data in my connection somewhere.  When I was having my problem, it was just saying that it could not assign a jetroute.  Now it seems fine.  I'll keep an eye on it.

Is there any chance this is collision avoidance (AIController will command AI to climb or descend and bust FL to avoid the user aircraft)?

Not sure.  I was heading in the opposite direction and it was at my level coming straight at me.  I've only seen it once.

Do the AI avoid each other too?  Sometimes they are stuck together (the way they spawn together in a group sometimes).

Still on track with this. Great idea and relatively easy too, which makes it even greater.

Awesome to hear!  I think that's how FSX does it when it "flys" the AI.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I never saw a Readme which is so complicated to understand and doesnt help to find files which are needed run this software.

I am very dissapointed because my AI Traffic flies without structure.

I never saw a Readme which is so complicated to understand and doesnt help to find files which are needed run this software.

I am very dissapointed because my AI Traffic flies without structure.

You're serious?!?!?

The readme has 6 basic steps (it's called "quickstart after installation") to get you up and running, including telling you what files you need to get it running.  Pretty basic.

On top of that, if reading isn't your thing, he has provided you with a link to a video to show you how to use it.

You may want to take a step back, re-read the documentation you have, watch the videos, and remember that this is a free program donated by this generous person who is taking the time to do this with zero reward except our gratitude for trying this out.

Instead of criticizing the readme, maybe, like the rest of the users in this thread, you can offer positive feedback to help improve this great piece of freeware.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks Devin,

Actually I think this is one cool simple little program yet deeply complicated.

Never knock someone else's hard work!!! 

ice

This faboulus little program is still in ist beta phase. If you find it too complicated to get running you might want to wait for a final release....

The app seems complicated on the surface, but that's only because real life ATC is much more detailed than the rudimentary ATC in FSX and P3d.

Do you want realism or simplicity? It would nice to have both but that dual goal is elusive.

To be honest, one must agree that AIC don´t work "out of the box", in 90% of the user setups.

You need to edit STARS, delete a lot of them, enlarge some, edit Taxispeed or turn speeds, brake values as well...

But finally, Roland gets step for step closer :friends:

To be honest, one must agree that AIC don´t work "out of the box", in 90% of the user setups.
You need to edit STARS, delete a lot of them, enlarge some, edit Taxispeed or turn speeds, brake values as well...

Absolutely not true.

Absolutely not true.

Jim, could you share your settings? 

Following his words, there are NO settings. Just install and it works all day long, anyway if Stock or Add On Airport, UT2 or WOAI, no care about the AIRAC cycle...

No Idea why he thinks that :unknw: