Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

(...)

A few weeks ago i bought x-plane and today, that purchase confirmed it's value.  

A few days ago I uninstalled Xplane that I had bought a few weeks ago, and today PMDG's development is confirming that I was sooo wrong!!!   :lol:

Very beautiful aircraft and good choice! Will definitely buy it.

(But I really wish Laminar would enable reflections on aircraft models, even if they were just fake reflections like in FSX. The outside model of the DC-6 will probably look much more convincing in FSX/P3D than in X-Plane where all aircraft look like plastics)

Mario Donick

It looks pretty good to me :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Congratulations on producing a classic prop-liner: a category not exactly well-served in X-Plane at the moment. Every good wish.

I'm ALL IN !!!!

Back to XP10 :)  Duh!

Will buy it DAY 1!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Gents,

Any chance we could talk for a Multicrew capability over this crazy beast through plugins like SmartCopilot?

I would definitely like to give it a go since I already made it working for many other planes such as 757, 737, 727, CRJ100, C90B, B1900D (from other famous dev companies..)

Don't hesitate to contact me :) 

Cheers

It looks pretty good to me :)

Sure, it does! It looks great! But it could look even greater if X-Plane was able to show reflection maps (in addition to already available specular maps and normal maps) on the outside model.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Great news and congratulations, after some years as X-Plane user (and lately as developer) I'm more than happy to have the chance to buy your products!!!

Thank you very much for the update, Robert: is it now possible to have some technical information about this project?

Do you use plugins such SASL or something coded in C/C++?

I'm even wondering who'll be into the beta team, as it will be a very interesting experience.

This is awesome!

FANTASTIC news and a seriously great choice of an airplane to become the first PMDG release for X-Plane!

Looking very, very much forward to its release!

Hi guys,

fUntastic pictures :) I am really looking forward - it'll be a must have for me!

But just a quick question which is very important for me:

Will your plane have Linux support or is it just for all fellows with propriatary OSes? Hopefully not.

Kind regards

Jonas Kahler

Firstly Congrats to the PMDG team for the first port into X-Plane  :dance:

Great news, very happy to hear this.  I resonantly purchased the 777 for PD3 but this aircraft would definitely be more my thing.  I love the smell, sound and overall feeling of the older stuff.  

The thing i absolutely love about X-Plane is the ability to Pre-set camera views and save them in an extremely easy way,  so a big plus all round. 

Again great news, and well done  :rolleyes:

I always thought the first PMDG would be a prop, then I saw the RR photos at the window of a DC-6, and many other hints, but those 6 new datarefs, meant to be used to, as far as possible, overcome the limitations of the XP10 prop effects model, allowing devs to fine tune the yaw, roll, pitch moments from prop slipstream, p-factor, torque and gyro effects, suggested that finally, someone sufficiently important was able to make Austin's mind...

It's not the most beautiful way of correcting the limitations of the core  flight dynamics model, but it certainly creates a hook for good models to be designed :-)

The dc-6 couldn' be released with those awful / unrealistic roll due to torque effects...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'd recommend PMDG to release their first product also on the X-Plane ORG STORE because most X-Plane users will not be aware of this release if it's on a different website. Registered costumers on the ORG STORE will get an email if something new comes out. Also, because PMDG only focused on FSX all these years, some wouldn't see that change. It's a recommendation well worth the extra costumers. 

Kind Regards,

Ben