Sign in to follow this  
soloraj

9th March 2015, Steam Edition update goes into open beta

Ok, re opted in to the FSXSE Beta, uninstalled ASN then reinstall, same errors, not sure why you don't have them. Note they don't appear until your loading a flight.

Again,

The ASN SP2 open beta is not compatible with the FSX:SE open beta yet.

This update is very good news. I didn't saw this coming and was very sceptical if there were an update/ fixes anyway (I know there reputation for not bringing updates for Trainsimulation).

For me this is coming to late. I recently made the switch to Prepare3D V 2.5 and re-bought the pmdg 777 and the 737. I've decided to stay with this platform for now.

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

It uncovers another benefit of FSX-SE, updating to the Beta, or even later Opting out, is just a matter of a few clicks on the Steam app. without affecting current installed addons. No Re-installation is necessary!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Rob, I agree with you.  Second, I love your products, I'm your customer for life.  I was just saying that DTG seems to be doing good things by updating FSX, nothing towards you or anyone else.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

All,

With this beta update, what parts of FSX do you believe DTG is updating? 

The negativity is entirely concerned with their business arrangements on DLC, and not on the quality of the core sim, though the price of the second was of course intended to subsidise the launch price of the first, and this in the long term is relevant however some want to dismiss such discussions.

Agreed, but I don't see that as much as a problem, so long as DTG leaves open the ability for external addon developers to put forth their work. So far, they have indicated that will continue. If that changes though, then I do see the hard core sim market moving away from FSX all together faster than it would if FSX-SE remained as it is.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

All,

Fixes in the code. For the first time, I have been able to complete a transAtlantic flight without a terrain.dll CTD. Finally!

Dan,

Did you ever have a terrain.dll crash in MS FSX?

Dan,

No, terrain.dll crashes are something new that I've experienced with SE only. Thankfully, they must have heard my incessant complaints about it and fixed it.

Apart from the complete recompilation using a more modern compiler, which is defitely an improvement, plus the other memory and performance improvements they made in the previous two releases, in builds 62609 unreleased) and 62610 (the current Beta) they so far seem to have fixed each G3D.DLL and TERRAIN.DLL crash point I, among others, have sent them details of. There's actually been another one sent today which is being worked on. And the new version produces diagnostic dumps if it crashes which will speed up the process if there are further such problems.

I've been able to remove the long standing G3D.DLL trap and crash fix I've had in FSUIPC since FSX SP1 -- no longer needed as it is fixed, as in fact it has been in P3D version 2 (it was present in P3D v1)..

Some folks certainly did, especially those using more complex addons and sceneries, but some of the ones reported in FSX-SE have no doubt been due to changes they made to improve memory usage, freeing texture and other data structures after they are no longer needed.  The programmer I've been talking to seems very competent in these matters.

Haven't you found FSX-SE to be better Jim, or are you just being so doubtful without even trying it?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

they must have heard my incessant complaints about it and fixed it.

That is excellent!

Haven't you found FSX-SE to be better Jim

No, I did not gain a single thing. I read the release notes and think something, hence my serious question.

Where shall get the Steam Addition Update/Beta?

I checked  my account, no listing? :unsure:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

These are significant improvements, especially the first one!

Can you please explain your obsession with the ability to run the simulator offline? Do you, by any chance, not have internet? Or are you able to magically run FSX on a laptop, and you're always on the go?

I honestly don't understand why people want the ability to run a game offline anymore. Sure, some games are not even multiplayer yet they require you to be online. So what? Are you going to purposely disconnect your connection just to play the game?

I honestly don't understand why people want the ability to run a game offline anymore. Sure, some games are not even multiplayer yet they require you to be online. So what? Are you going to purposely disconnect your connection just to play the game?

So what is why if some how you lose connection to the net, can't you run an application you paid for unless you are connected. A couple of months ago my service provider was installing service for one of my neighbors. Evidently according to his paperwork my line (Which I had since the service was offered on my block years ago) shouldn't have been connected to the port it was (one as I was the first on my block installed) Did he question it? no, he just cut it thinking it was an abandoned line. I was down almost a week before service was fully restored. In the meantime, I flew FSX offline with just the offline weather themes. Now if I only had FSX-SE then I wouldn't be able to use it at all doing this time. It's one thing if the game itself is played online, but stand alone apps should remain stand alone. So I welcome this update. The only real reason they want you online is to try and sell you another game or other DLC.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Ever had your internet connection go down for any reason? What about the online servers the game is connecting too going down (check out what happened to the Steam and other game services this past Christmas)? Or what about those that want to play on a trans-Atlantic or trans-Pacific flight? Plenty of reasons why one may not always have an internet connection.