Sign in to follow this  
leec

PMDG 737 NGX Released for P3D

I'll pay whatever for not having to worry about VAS.

totally agree

PMDG *highly* recommends that you choose a 64-bit operating system to avoid problems with Prepar3D running out of memory due to a 32-bit environment.

Wouldn't it be 4GB max virtual memory anyways?

Yes, but a 32-bit OS would eat a lot of the memory with other stuff on the PC. So you wouldn't have the entire VAS free for the Sim, like on a 64-bit OS with more than 4-GB RAM.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Yes, but a 32-bit OS would eat a lot of the memory with other stuff on the PC. So you wouldn't have the entire VAS free for the Sim, like on a 64-bit OS with more than 4-GB RAM.

Ah, Okay...I appreciate the clarification

Signature2.png

Despite the odd pricing policy: She is definitely worth it. Just finished my first flight. So much fun...

PS: FO's displays turned off to improve performance (even though not necessary as she performs very well).

2015-3-6_11-59-22-757.jpg

looks like cockpit geometry still odd... 

PMDG had stated multiple times that they would not adjust the geometry in this service pack. So what's the surprise?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

As far as I'm concerned

I purchased the NGX and Expansion for FSX and it gave me 100's upon 100's of hour of enjoyment over a few years for the price of about $130.00

I've now purchased the P3D version and expansion for basically the same price. I'm quite confident it will keep me occupied for 100's upon 100's of hours and years to come.

Far as I'm concerned it's money well spent.

I've patiently waited for this release for a long, long time and I'm very pleased with the product and glad the wait is over.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

PMDG had stated multiple times that they would not adjust the geometry in this service pack. So what's the surprise?

hmm, u sure this is service pack?  $69 for Service pack?   

It's so good to be back in this plane. I bought it for FSX years ago but changed to P3D when 1.4 was released. I kept FSX for the NGX but stopped using it pretty quickly to concentrate on P3D. I've loved using the Aerosoft Airbus, but this is like putting on a pair of old slippers. It's just so slick and complete. I really love it. Flying from LOWW to EGKK on IVAO as I write this. Fantastic... 

My performance with NGX in P3Dv2.5 is abysmal. In a "normal" configuration I get 17fps, and if I turn down every setting possible, my FPS go up to 34fps max. This also means dialing down display refresh rate to 1fps and turning off FO displays. Doesn't matter how big the screen is, my GTX980 is doing a good job resolution-wise.

The CPU is a 2600K @ 4.7Ghz.

Maybe an upgrade is in order...

So long $189.00 :) and I suppose, so long FSX as well. It's been a great ride, but now that I can run my PMDG NGX and Open Cockpits stuff in P3D, legally, it's definitely the time for a change ;)

i am mot sure why were you expecting it when it had already been told many times by PMDG that it is not going too be considered in this release.

Not sure why it's a scandalous joke. It's arguably the highest fidelity and most accurate jet aircraft simulation ever created for a home flight simulator. I don't fly commercial jet aircraft in FSX, but if you had any idea whatsoever of the systems complexity on display you certainly wouldn't call it a scandalous joke.

If anything, I'm surprised the price is as low as it is, given the decline in the flight simulator market, the relatively small amount of that market who would pay for something like this, and the massive amount of man hours attributed to its creation.

Yes - it is an amazing product. But not one aspect of your points above, reflects the fact that the product is - in terms of functionality - identical to the amazing NGX, for FSX, that many of us have already bought.     There is not one other developer who is charging the full cost again, for what is effectively a functional port into P3D.

Aerosoft offer their Airbus aircraft for P3D at absolutely no additional cost to those who've already bought it for FSX.

Orbx charge ZERO for those wanting to use their products in P3D, who've already bought them for FSX.

Even those who charge a premium for extra installers, such as RealAir, make it a very modest charge, that reflects additional server costs.

....and then there's PMDG;  if you bought the 777 and NGX for FSX and now want to use the same products, with the same featues and functions in P3D, it will cost you an additional $158...  :ph34r:    (even more when their 'introductory price ends'.

As others have said, I love the products, and so, I paid the price.  But I also feel one heck of a lot less valued as a customer by PMDG, and just a little exploited.

• Upvote 1

hmm, u sure this is service pack?  $69 for Service pack?   

The P3D version is the latest version with the service pack, that's why it now has WX.

Don't be silly its $69 because its for P3d not just because it comes with the service pack.

Read the PMDG General forums and you would not ask questions like that.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462076-beta-preview-ngx-sp1d/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Moving on....

Got same fps with the NGX as the 777. Very happy with that.

Installed Fs2Crew into P3d root folder but its not working? any idea how to get it working button control for me.

As others have said, I love the products, and so, I paid the price.  But I also feel one heck of a lot less valued as a customer by PMDG, and just a little exploited.

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip