Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

Industrial Smokestack Issue?

Could somebody when they have time fly out of KPHL up to about 7000 feet and see if they see long streaks into the air from the factories around the rivers.  It looks like what the bridges were doing in 2.4 before they fixed the issue.  Now I'm seeing it with smokestacks.

You can fly out of 27R up to 7000 then turn to a heading of 180 and look back toward the airport and see if you see this issue.  I use the F22 and only takes about 5 minutes.

Not sure what is causing my issue but if nobody else sees this I will restore from my ghost I made at install as something may have corrupted my files.

Thanks you in advance.

Sean Green

I think I have seen them around Vancouver.  This was after the tall bridge problem was fixed.

I'll check again later.

FaxCap

I just looked and did not see any long streaks.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I just looked and did not see any long streaks.

Best regards,

Jim do you use FTX Global or any vector data?

Sean Green

No, just photo scenery.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think I found the culprit on my system.  

g3d.dll from the 12944 patch is causing the smokestack issue.  I replace it with the original 2.5 version on the problem is gone.

I've attached a link to two pictures to show the difference.  'This is at KPHL at about 5-7K feet from runway 9 slewing forward.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/rnndbtbk8rjtyzj/AACHyRpT5EE2edfXpugWHKUaa

It may just be my system and a fluke but at least I can get rid of the issue now.

Sean Green

I get them too...

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I posted the issue a while ago on the P3D forums but received no response.  I suppose its buried now deep in the boards.   Maybe they cannot reproduce the problem or its just system dependent.

Replacing the dll works good for me so far so I'm happy.

Sean Green

Ah... Now the question is, where do they hide the original  dll on the P3D forums... 

I posted the issue a while ago on the P3D forums but received no response.  I suppose its buried now deep in the boards.   Maybe they cannot reproduce the problem or its just system dependent.

Replacing the dll works good for me so far so I'm happy.

I saw your post over there just now. There's quite a few posts from people like that with no response- which I'm sure means they're troubleshooting or "fix was imminent."

Yes it's still there. I just ignore it as it's just a flaw that I've got to live with.

Sean Green

You could pot on LM forum. I did once but it got no response so they probably cannot reproduce the issue.

Sean Green

I have this problem with ship wakes but its random and doesnt happen all the time.

Yeah, it's still there. I've been trying to ignore it as I'm not sure it will be addressed, and may be due to older graphics cards