Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

With a Tu-134 around the world

Are we there, yet?

Are we there, yet?

The parents decided to make another trip to the Baltics, perhaps. The children and unpatient forum mates can have a Soviet cartoon meanwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEHBYHj8Sk

Is that beautiful IL76 for FSX or FS9 only ?

It's the RATS model for AI. Unfortunately, RATS' former site is down so that there's only an information from "second hand" - from UTTs site. According to that, the model is for FS2004 only.

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Wonderful stuff Harald!  :Applause: I am envying your lovely AI.

My next video flight will be from Luxembourg to Bishkek ….which will take me over Frankfurt, Prague, Warsaw, Minsk etc 

I have written my KALIN 1 Rwy 08 Approach….  :Nerd:

fsscr005_zpsd0ae1xed.jpg

…and will be sporting my new Litton LTN-72.  B)

fsscr004_zpssnvdhpst.jpg

But I have no AI at Bishkek.……I will have to make some. :Cuppa:

Ed, that panel view looks gorgeous again. Good look for the flight, I never have visited Minsk and I'm looking forward for some impressions! And if you once have made it around half of the world, why not continue eastward and do the circle?

Regarding Bishkek AI, the informations about Kyrgyz Airlines, especially flightplans, are less than sparse (there's even more info about Tajik ones...). You will probably have to stay with something virtual (or better said: invented) at least partly. If in doubt, just let some An-24 or Yak 40 fly between Bishkek and Osh and back one time a week ^_^. Also, modelling the huge scrapyard that can be seen on aereal photos would be a heroic task.

By the way, did you get the Georgian Army Air Section AI to work/fly?

All the best

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

By the way, did you get the Georgian Army Air Section AI to work/fly?

Hello Harald, I have not installed your AI yet. I have spent every waking hour trying to code my LTN-72.

I made my video flight LUX-FRU….. not entirely successful. The KATLIN approach was not accepted for some reason and the ground texture bleed through at Bishkek was very bad. (needs a flatten maybe).

Still I think I will render what footage I have……I need a rest from fixing stuff.   :Yawn:

Hm, the Bishkek elevation problem made me my first grey hairs. Have found no solution yet. No Afcad editing, no flatten entry did eliminate this appalling effect...

Good luck though!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I can only deliver my flatten line from scenery.cfg for Manas, perhaps it helps a little:

Flatten.0=2090.3,N43 3.28,E74 30.40,N43 3.02,E74 26.59,N43 3.56,E74 26.47,N43 4.18,E74 31.10

Strange enough, I had to set the airport/runway elevation to 2093.3 ft ASL. In my case, this gave the best results.

Perhaps it helps also with your installation. One aspect of this Manas problem is that it looks good when placing the plane at the airport initially indeed, but when landing after a long flight the ground shines through again. :angry:

Very good video, though (as expected); the views on the little red/white striped building and the normed airport fence alone already deliver the atmosphere of deep east (if I see these concrete-made airport fences - as well as the black/white road bordering elements common at Georgian and probably all other ex-Soviet streets - I always ask myself how many zillions of them may a Zavod imeni Lenina far behind Ural have produced...).

DSCN4429_zpsd8mvidp3.jpg

Not to speak about the view onto the Tienshan mountains! And although I suffer from Tu-134 fatigue after a season with her, somehow I can't wait for starting one more journey towards these countries after viewing your video.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

One aspect of this problem is that it always looks good when placing the plane at Manas, but after a long flight the ground shines through

This is exactly the problem I had.

Edit: Strangely my KALIN approach also works for short flight but not a long one……back to the drawing board. :rolleyes:

Ed, I edited my post with the elevation I set within the afcad. Maybe you want to try this. But I dare the main problem will not be solved... Good to be not alone with this!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I have tested my approach again…it works. I have used ADE to change the airport elevation and flatten.

It all looks good. I will test with a long flight tomorrow. :smile:  

After the 6hr flight the approach failed again…..but I have noticed a file called navdata in the scenery folder which I am sure is the culprit.

The flatten/airport elevation did work. I will test again later today…..and maybe think about changing the ICAO code to it's present day UCFM.

"The flatten/airport elevation did work."

What flatten and airport elevations did you use , please?  I've got the same problems with bleed-through and haven't found the correct levels yet.

Thanks

Colin B

"The flatten/airport elevation did work."

What flatten and airport elevations did you use , please?  I've got the same problems with bleed-through and haven't found the correct levels yet.

Thanks

Colin B

Using ADE I altered the alt to 2089.865feet and added a flatten.