Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A prisoner of FS9...HELP! or AKA, Cranbrook, B.C.

Help!...I'm a prisoner of FS9...and can't seem to get out, LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished downloading and installing all of Flight Ontario's great offerings...and am especially enjoying touch and go's at Cranbrook, B.C.  The airport is so well done, but better yet...the updated scenery around the airport...simply fabulous. It was made with UT Canada/Alaska (in mind and installed), and...so very, very real looking.  Some mountains still have a slight snow crusting...and as I flew my approach in the Eclipse 500, it was so very immersing. Gawd...I haven't flown anything (another sim) else for over two weeks,for I am really discovering this platform again. If you have left it entirely, you soon forget the great animation performance you enjoyed....and in my loading in all sorts of world textures, airports, photo-scenery...nothing added, has impacted the simply dead-smooth animation sequences of the sim. Nothing...  Having a blast and a half, rediscovering the Grand Girl....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Single click pics, to enlarge, if you like.

cranbrook.png

cranbrook2.png

cranbrook3.png

cranbrook4.png

cranbrook5.png

cranbrook6.png

cranbrook7.png

cranbrook8.png

cranbrook10.png

cranbrook11.png

cranbrook13.png

cranbrook14.png

cranbrook15.png

Heading back to the airport (Cranbrook) through a gorgeous cloud bank....happy flights, all!
cranbrook16.png

cranbrook17.png

cranbrook18.png

Almost back at the airport...final two shots, and goodnight all....was a great tour!

cranbrook19.png

cranbrook20.png

Nice shots!  Flight Ontario's work is really superb, especially the work they've done with landclass.

There's also some absolutely brilliant freeware FS9 airports for Saskatchewan in the library here as well.  If I can remember the author I'll post it... 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you Number 6 ?

Peter Schluter

Nice shots!  Flight Ontario's work is really superb, especially the work they've done with landclass.

There's also some absolutely brilliant freeware FS9 airports for Saskatchewan in the library here as well.  If I can remember the author I'll post it... 

THANK YOU! Please do...!!!!  :)  I'll do a search for 'Saskatchewan' and see what turns up. I also think that FS9...has the finest cloud and sky representation of ANY SIM I own, at present. The cloud detail, the tones...lite to 'angry', the sky colors...frankly...no other sim has ever bested FS9 in the sky/cloud department.  'Soft clouds'...pffft...how 'bout DETAILED to the '9's clouds....

FS9 and REX2004 Extreme/Overdrive delivers!!!!

Ses

Are you Number 6 ?

Number 'bliss'. :rolleyes:

Master of Ontario superlatives

Master of Ontario superlatives

Actually, this is British Columbia...but let's not nit pick...lol!   Having a blast.....

THANK YOU! Please do...!!!! :) I'll do a search for 'Saskatchewan' and see what turns up.

The person I was referring to is Gregory Putz.  I wish I knew how to convert airports better; I'd love to have his work in FSX. They're really well done.

In addition, he's created a ton of AI related stuff for FS9.  It's a rabbit hole you might not want to get into, but lots and lots of Canadian specific AI traffic.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The person I was referring to is Gregory Putz.  I wish I knew how to convert airports better; I'd love to have his work in FSX. They're really well done.

In addition, he's created a ton of AI related stuff for FS9.  It's a rabbit hole you might not want to get into, but lots and lots of Canadian specific AI traffic.

Thank you, Jimmy!   Lots of room on the hard drives....so I might jump in...  Thanks again!

Mitch

If you like flying in British Columbia then look for Holger Sandmann. He has made landclass scenery enhancements (including mesh) for British Columbia. I just wish there was more airport add-ons to go along with Holger's scenery.

If you like flying in British Columbia then look for Holger Sandmann. He has made landclass scenery enhancements (including mesh) for British Columbia. I just wish there was more airport add-ons to go along with Holger's scenery.

Thanks, Joseph. Will check it out!

Mitch

If you want to have a LOT of Canadian AI, look up Darren Belanger. He has flight plans and paints for about 60 or so small Canadian operators. It takes a while to put it all together but it's worth it.

If you want to have a LOT of Canadian AI, look up Darren Belanger. He has flight plans and paints for about 60 or so small Canadian operators. It takes a while to put it all together but it's worth it.

I think to rename the original post: ...the  FS9  'Canadian Treasure Chest'...:)!

Thanks for the head's up, Roger!

Ses

just boot up your fsx/p3d or xp10........fs9 512k textures look bad and fs9 world is empty with no car/boat traffic :rolleyes:

'Canadian Treasure Chest'.

Crown Royal?

just boot up your fsx/p3d or xp10........fs9 512k textures look bad and fs9 world is empty with no car/boat traffic :rolleyes:

No, Lockheed Martin does not offer Prepar3D for entertainment, and we have no plans to enter the entertainment space. The EULAs explain that Prepar3D can be used for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment.

It's lookin' good on THIS system...:)   Presently in a 737 Westjet at FL270 between Cranbrook, B.C. bound for Toronto Pearson....and looooooooooooooookin' good!