Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAY15] Intercontinental breakfast, anyone?

They used a lot of bits from the 787. I've been in a Norwegian air 787 and they are really nice inside and I found them so quite inside....just had to deal with my colleagues winding me up I was going to die on that trip with all the issues they where/are having :)

I too am really looking forward to the 747v2. I find it really hard to look at the current 747 because my NGX looks so nice in the VC. I envision a pretty busy Vatsim when this is released!

Perfect! I can see myself bulding a full virtual Lufthansa 747 fleet once this is out...you know, to join my virtual freighter fleet... :lol:

Great stuff!

I think it's leaps and bounds above the older 748 model.

Perhaps you can enlighten me of those points?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Beautiful, and that's coming from an X-Planer (who is looking forward to fly the Queen once it's ported over).

Loving it so much. I cannot wait! Its been far too long!

Slightly off topic but I'm wondering what the saw tooth edges on the backs of the engines are for

Slightly off topic but I'm wondering what the saw tooth edges on the backs of the engines are for

They're called "Chevrons", saw toothed patterns around the trailing edge of the engine nacelle and in some cases the exhaust nozzle too. Its a noise reduction purpose and it works by smoothing the mixing of air that comes from the fan and core, reducing the turbulence that creates noise.

Cheers,

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

The exterior model looks spot on. Full of nice details. The curvature between engine nozzle and pylon, the shape of the flap track fairings... Is that real time shading on the inside of the chevrons or baked into the textures? It looks great.

Just came back from watching a documentary about LHs D-ABYA. The -8 looks so sleek and graceful. I admit to prefer it over the 744.

Looking forward to the flight deck preview.

WOW!!! :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Amazing!!! TOTALLY cant wait!!! Northwest Airlines will be alive again!!!!!

JF

In this image comparison 747-400 and 747-8i, is it just my impression or the 747-8i have bigger flaps angle?