Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAY15] Intercontinental breakfast, anyone?

Can I ask what engine variant(s) will be done?

The pictured aircraft being the 747-8, only GE, because the real thing only gets GE.

If you're asking about the entire project in general:

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/page-2?p=3146399#entry3146399

Kyle Rodgers

Can I ask what engine variant(s) will be done?

As long as you give as at least the GE engines I would be happy. :)  (They sound the best!)

But having PW and RR would be nice as well, all with different sounds of course.

'All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes.'

Quote of what Robert said.

The pictured aircraft being the 747-8, only GE, because the real thing only gets GE.

If you're asking about the entire project in general:

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/page-2?p=3146399#entry3146399

Thank you, but are the engine types only modelled graphically and physically, or will all engines types also feature their own distinctive engine sound recordings? 

or will all engines types also feature their own distinctive engine sound recordings? 

Even the original FS9 version had this  :wink:

EDIT: The FS9 version didn't have it to the level of recording we do now, but it had it.

Kyle Rodgers

Even the original FS9 version had this  :wink:

EDIT: The FS9 version didn't have it to the level of recording we do now, but it had it.

Exactly, in the original FS9 version the engine sounds barely differed from each other. I hope this time the engines will sound more like the real thing.

I had read that you makes no specific release date.

But can you tell us a period like winter or spring where it will be released?

LOL!

Dan Downs KCRP

It will be released on a day that ends in 'y'.

Kyle Rodgers

Yesterday ?

at some point, yes! maybe even Today!

...Just not Tomorrow

:lol:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

This is pure conjecture and imagination here - what if Boeing made a triple-decker megatop, i.e. three decks in front but two decks throughout the plane, with six engines total? A lá Antonov An-225.

what if Boeing made a triple-decker megatop
I don't think airlines would buy it. Frequency not capacity is the name of the game right now. And I don't think airports would build the infrastructure necessary to handle the plane or however many people it would carry.

And this is the root of it. The market.

I would love to see supersonic travel return, for instance - from a time we thought anything was possible, and martkets didn't matter.

I really miss seeing Concorde flying over our skies.

Now it's all about operating costs, returns, the environ-fecking-ment, and all the boring stuff that comes with anything mass-market.

Boring that is to me - an aviation dreamer. I'm sure if I was running the books for Lufthansa, I'd be agog with excitement at the a320 figures over the term...

Yes,i feel so too;  The concorde was the best-build supersonic machine in the civil aviation,nostalgie,"They come never back".