Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Anyone knows how to fix this - wrong surface type at Aerosoft ESSA in P3Dv2

Problem finally solved after following the advice given by Victor Buchkov in post #14 to remove/disable the file called essarwy_exc.bgl. Many, many thanks Victor for this advice!!

Would still be very interested though to hear how you came to the conclusion this file was the culprit and also it would be nice to know what this file is for? I did a lot of taxiing at ESSA today and also successfully took off and landed just to make sure disabling this file didn't cause any other issues but all seems good. Feels so good to finally be able to taxi around at Arlanda again in a normal way without having the sensation you're riding a roller-coaster :wink:

Another nice thing I noticed is how the friction now is normal as well at ESSA. When having this problem I clearly noticed how I had to apply more thrust than normal to get the a/c moving and now with the file disabled I actually need to apply the parking brake or step on the brakes for the aircraft to not start rolling with the engines at idle.

I also found a way today to very clearly show you all the problem.

This is what it looks like with essarwy_exc.bgl enabled and this is what it looks like with essarwy_exc.bgl disabled...a bit of a difference huh but nice to see how well the NGX suspension is working :wink:

Again, lots of thanks to you Victor for finding the culprit and also thanks to everyone else who helped me troubleshoot this issue!

Richard,

The first video is certainly what I experienced also. It's good to know that this is a good work around. I wonder what that file is used for?

NAX669.png

Richard,

The first video is certainly what I experienced also. It's good to know that this is a good work around. I wonder what that file is used for?

Yeah, I would like to know what this file is used for as well but in P3Dv2.5 it certainly doesn't seem to do anything but cause problems.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks, Richard! This will dountil the new ESSA scenery arrives.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Victor is the one you should say thank you to but you're welcome and I too am very pleased there was a way to fix this while waiting for the new Arlanda scenery :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Yes the new ESSA scenery is most welcomed. Flying to there feels like flying to the stone-age (No fence)  :P

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I know what you mean. However considering the age of the scenery I still think it's pretty OK and until the new scenery arrives I'm happy I'll be able to use the current scenery now with the bumpy ride issue solved :smile:

Richard Åsberg

Sorry for replying so late. Very glad it helped (especially a fellow VPA captain). essarwy_exc.bgl, I suppose, excludes default afcad runways (without the navaids, there's a different bgl for that). Once excluded, Aerosoft's afcad should take place, but somehow it doesn't in P3D, and i have no idea why. Maybe the exclusion is not correctly recognized by P3D and it messes everything up. My suggestion got inspired by a similar issue on a UK2000 (EGNX i think) scenery, where developers (Gary) suggested removing an excluding .bgl. Since both sceneries (UK2000's and Aerosoft ESSA) are also available for FS2004, i think that the reason lies in an old FS2004 excluding method that just confuses P3D.

I'm sorry for the answer, as it's not hi-tech at all and it explains absolutely nothing, but at least it's a step forward to resolving the problem.. ..and ESSA's working properly on P3D now :)

Best Regards

Thanks for the explanation.

What you say is probably very close to the truth and like you say...we now have a fully working ESSA in P3D which is the most important thing and for that I'm very grateful and I'm sure many others share that feeling with me.

Not the first time someone in the community solves issues with payware products. Our flightsim community is a community I'm both happy and proud being a part of :smile:

Richard Åsberg

You and me both, Richard. Who knows how medieval would my sim be like without avsim?

Best Regards

Very true! Lost count long ago how many times I got help from you guys in here throughout the years since I first joined this community.

Richard Åsberg

Good to see you finally nailed the culprit down Richard.