Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

RTWR Casual Flights - Invitation to All

RTWR Casual Flights

An open invitation to participate in casual MSFS2020 multiplayer flights.  

The casual flights tradition in the RTWR forum was a natural follow-on to the Round the World Race.  Race participants found that they missed the on-line flying experience, the camaraderie, and the lively banter of fellow enthusiasts during the long period between races.  Saturday Casual flights began informally as a tour of the Orbx Northern California scenery in March 2014 and have continued weekly (more or less) every Saturday.  The flights are usually 2-3 hours in duration with multiple takeoff and landings at intermediate airports.  Aircraft types will vary depending on the distances covered or type of flying.   These are “casual” on-line flights and we do not expect that participants adhere to formal flight rules and regs.  We are delighted to welcome any and all to participate.  If you have not flown on-line in a multiplayer environment and are interested in trying it in an informal setting, we would be happy to help you get started.

What you need:

• MSFS 2020, Microsoft FSX, FSX-Steam Edition or P3D
  • Headset (or speakers & microphone)
  • AVSIM Discord Server:  AVSIM GROUP EVENTS-SAT. COM1 
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Multiplayer: United States East server.

A casual flight announcement post is usually made sometime during the week prior to Saturday with details of the planned flight including flight plan, suggested aircraft, scenery recommendations, and sometimes a narrative describing the route.  

Participants do not have to sign-up or register.   If you have questions or would like assistance, just post in the forum and someone will help you out.

Multiplayer Particulars
Date and time: Saturdays and Wednesdays,  1900 UTC
Where:
AVSIM Discord Server:  AVSIM GROUP EVENTS-SAT. COM1 
Microsoft Flight Simulator Multiplayer: North America East server.
  • Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Bumpity bump.

JoinFS is now SOP so Boxed, Steam and P3D of all types can take part.

• Upvote 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Sounds like fun...I'd definitely like to try this as I've never done any flying online. Lots of other games online, so I have all the comm prerequisites.

Are these still going on?

Thanks,

Steven

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Oh yes. There will be a flight this Saturday. The following Saturday we will be a bit thin on the ground owing to the RACE. 

Look out for the thread I'll be posting later in the week. You'll be very welcome.

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just spoke with jt_williams on TS about the casual flight and also the RTWR, so looking forward to this Saturday.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Steven

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Oh dear! Did I do a warm welcome? You must have caught me in a mellow period.

See ya Saturday. :wink:

Bump to Top

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Time for another bump? Why not. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

ok  i will try to be there and get in record time in shape for the race, have not flown a lot since i was in hospital most of the time. that was why i did not enter earlier. but since i got an email asking me to join i will do my best. i updated my rig dusted of the joystick and installed FSX steam  ( should have been done earlier)  no i am looking to what i need to join.. what is SOP? where vto get it and do we use VPN? etc.  a short helping had here is appriciated

6 minutes ago, l_schuiling said:

ok  i will try to be there and get in record time in shape for the race, have not flown a lot since i was in hospital most of the time. that was why i did not enter earlier. but since i got an email asking me to join i will do my best. i updated my rig dusted of the joystick and installed FSX steam  ( should have been done earlier)  no i am looking to what i need to join.. what is SOP? where vto get it and do we use VPN? etc.  a short helping had here is appriciated

SOP=Standard Operating Procedure. This thread isn't about the race but our Saturday evening flight. VPN doesn't come into it. JoinFS is the multiplayer programme we use. Details are in this forum.

Glad you're out of hospital. :smile:

Have never done any online flying but this sounds like it might be a nice (more laid back!) place to start! 

Bill

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Have never done any online flying but this sounds like it might be a nice (more laid back!) place to start! 

Bill

Bill, if you have Teamspeak installed, I can talk you through it at your leisure..

Let me know!

• Upvote 2

Bert

Thank you Bert. I actually haven't installed Teamspeak or JoinFS yet, as I only found this thread this evening while browsing, but I will download both and install them. I will then get back to you if that's ok and perhaps take advantage of your kind offer!

Bill

34 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Thank you Bert. I actually haven't installed Teamspeak or JoinFS yet, as I only found this thread this evening while browsing, but I will download both and install them. I will then get back to you if that's ok and perhaps take advantage of your kind offer!

Bill

Please do  :happy:

I am on the west coast of Canada.

• Upvote 2

Bert