Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Between two GA aircraft

I am between buying the Carenado C90 King Air and the Milviz 310R.  Any suggestions?

Josh Scholl

Wow!  Two very different birds.  I have the MilViz C310R, nice aircraft and it has the "free radio" version that allows you to plug in whatever radios and avionics you can fit into the provided space.  Rheostat controlled night lighting with left and right panel knobs.  Good flight modeling and 3D models.  Nice for flights below 12,000 feet MSL, short flights, and short runways.  But, it is a small, twin piston engined aircraft.  If you want high and fast for longer flights, then the C90 might be better.  I think Carenado worked out most of the bugs in the C90, but unless I am mistaken, the pressurization system is still not quite correct.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I am looking for a nice exterior and nice VC. I want realistic flight dynamics and I have heard Carenado is more eye candy than flight dynamics.

Josh Scholl

Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to look at the Unofficial Carenado Forum here at AVSIM regarding the C90 and the Official MILVIZ forum here that has a tutorial for the 310R and many other discussions about this aircraft from our membership. It has been discussed at length, the good and the bad in both places.  Let's try to keep this forum centered around FSX/FSX-SE issues when we have forums already that discuss these particular aircraft at length.  It's just a suggestion though and I am by no means locking or closing the topic.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have the  C90 and rarely, if ever fly it - even though I really want to like the aircraft, it just doesn't quite work right for me - the turboprop engine modeling is pure stock FSX (so pretty poor), and for some reason, after a while in flight, the aircraft starts to "porpoise"  around a bit, the nose always shifting  here and there, even in calm weather, and I was never able to find or figure out a remedy - I only have 1 Milviz aircraft, the F86, but from that offering I generally have a good impression of their products - currently just bought and am flying the wings off the Alabeo C404 Titan, and am very happy with this heavy twin piston so far...

Regards,

Chris B. 

I am looking for a nice exterior and nice VC. I want realistic flight dynamics and I have heard Carenado is more eye candy than flight dynamics.

If you want a really great King Air that fulfills your exterior and VC criteria, plus has realistic flight dynamics, then I can recommend the Milviz 350i.

Cheers,

Jerome

Look at RA Turbine Duke V2, to replace the Carenado C90B!

Cheers :)

N.-

I have the turbine duke v2. Not thrilled about the wood panel look bit still great aircraft.

Josh Scholl

The wood panel is only in a couple of the livery, the others have dare grey or black, not a big fan if the wood either. Might also take a look at the Flight1 KingAir B200, nice plane. Flight1 does have a 30 day money back policy so if you buy one of those GA and do not like it for some reason you can return it?

Good Luck!

I have the turbine duke v2. Not thrilled about the wood panel look bit still great aircraft.

I highly recommend the v2 versions of both the RA Turbine Duke and the B60 Duke. I only fly the British livery of the Turbine Duke so have never seen the wood panel - the standard panel, however, is excellent. I've tried a few Carenado GA aircraft and they are simply not in the same league as RealAir.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Choose a different livery (I fly N626N) and if you have money to burn, buy the Flight1 GTN 750 to put in the panel.

That will get you the best GA aircraft currently out there..

Bert

I'll look into that. Right now I have reality xp 430 and 530 gps with crossfill.

Josh Scholl

T Duke will also take both RXP units if you're in FSX.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The wood panel is only in a couple of the livery

Unfortunately I just can't stand the wrong windshield depiction/modeling in RA's Duke, silly me :(, but it's very wrong compared to EVERYTHING else in their aircraft.

Dirk.