One of the biggest challenges I've had with my Ti is the temperature when its under load. It would regularly reach 83 degrees and start throttling, sometimes to under 1GHz. 

That issue was resolved today with the installation of the EVGA Hybrid watercooling kit. It's an AIO kit that cools the GPU with water while retaining the air cooler for the RAM and VRM:

WP_20150626_20_32_12_Pro_zpsjm3i4pv7.jpg

WP_20150626_21_12_21_Pro_zpsvxwwnzq1.jpg

So far, my synthetic benchmarks have failed to reach greater than 48 deg C at 4k and my test games at that resolution have not raised temps above 55 deg c. This is with a 200MHz overclock on the card. It is a very impressive kit. I'll report back on its performance with P3D.

John,

It can be purchased separately. See http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=400-HY-0996-B1

EVGA can't seem to keep them in-stock though. I've been spamming the F5 key on their site for a little over a week before I managed to grab one. It is worth it though.

Cheers mate. Hopefully someone is Australia will get some stock of them.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

hi all,

i ve done the same thing on my asus titanx cooler who had replaced by an evga acx 2.0 cooler

without OC the temperature is 20°c less than before

Frédéric Giraud

The nVidia reference cooler really isn't very efficient, especially when overclocking the card. 

One of the biggest challenges I've had 

Strange I have a kraken water cooler bracket and a corsair H75 cooler and never goes above 32 degrees Celsius P3D cranking - thinking more and more my gigantic phantom 820 is amazing at dispersing heat  

Rich Sennett

That issue was resolved today with the installation of the EVGA Hybrid watercooling kit.

Great news, looks like that hybrid kit would be a necessity in my little carbide case with sli. Glad they are finally available!

Strange I have a kraken water cooler bracket and a corsair H75 cooler and never goes above 32 degrees Celsius P3D cranking - thinking more and more my gigantic phantom 820 is amazing at dispersing heat  

Rich,

The issue I had was with the reference cooler, not with the watercooler. My P3D temps are in the high 30's to low 40's when using a 4K monitor with the card OC'd 200MHz. 

Great news, looks like that hybrid kit would be a necessity in my little carbide case with sli. Glad they are finally available!

I would recommend this to anyone with a reference cooler. There is simply no comparison. One of the best decisions I've made for my system.