Sign in to follow this  
331BK

G-Sync for Windowed mode with the newest Nvidia Driver

Hey Together, 

i hope this topic doesn't already exist. But with the new driver G-Sync is now also possible for Windowed mode. 

Has anybody already any experience? 

I will install the driver today in the evening. 

Info from Nvidia Page:

GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER

Version: 353.06  WHQL Release Date: 2015.5.31 Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 292.00 MB     bttn_download.jpg  

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
SUPPORTED PRODUCTS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Just in time for the highly anticipated title Heroes of the Storm, this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. This driver is also aligned with the launch of the new flagship gaming GPU, the GeForce GTX  980 Ti. In addition, this new Game Ready driver provides a number of new gaming features and benefits based around G-SYNC technology, Dynamic Super Resolution, and enhancements for the latest new titles.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Heroes of the Storm, including support for GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations

New GeForce GPU
Supports the new GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU, based upon the second-generation Maxwell architecture

Gaming Technology
Supports G-SYNC technology in windowed mode, offers both G-SYNC (V-SYNC on) and G-SYNC (V-SYNC off) options, support for Ultra-Low Motion Blur (ULMB) in the NVIDIA Control Panel, provides Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) for notebooks with discrete GeForce GPUs, and optimizations and bug fixes which can provide increased performance for Kepler-based GPUs.

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

CUrious to know if it is indeed working for P3D now.  I've held off buying a G-Sync monitor as it doesn't support windowed mode until now.  If you can confirm it is now working, I'll probably get one ordered soon!

and it works fine with 353.12

tpewpb-6.png

and it works fine with 353.12

I'm really tempted to pick one of those 27" monitors up, although I really should wait for the larger g-sync screens to hit the market. I think I'll drive right now to the nearest store and see if I can get a refund if it doesn't work as advertised.

EDIT: "nearest store" turned out to be not so near...  <_<

I'm really tempted to pick one of those 27" monitors up,

Asus will have a 33 curved G-sync out in the next 2 weeks, i might upgrade.

tpewpb-6.png

Asus will have a 33 curved G-sync out in the next 2 weeks, i might upgrade.

Well if it's that close to release I'll surely wait for it. Thx for mentioning. (I thought it would be an august release?) 

Meanwhile it's nice if any1 with a current g-sync monitor will report their impressions in some detail here. I read over at P3D's own forum that it's smoother than ever as long as you keep 30+ FPS. If you go below that they report "brightness flickering".

As the larger g-sync screens will have very high resolutions, maintaining 30+ FPS might prove a challenge. Maybe it's time to consider SLI as well... this hobby is robbing me.

smoother than ever as long as you keep 30+ FPS. If you go below that they report "brightness flickering".

It is very smooth, best i`ve seen it, the flickering has been fixed with the hotfix driver 353.12, and its also hard to maintain above 30 fps especially when your at airports or high autogen areas, so sli would be an advantage.

tpewpb-6.png

What's the largest G-Sync screen anyone has heard about?  (coming later or out now, no matter)

I have a G-Sync Monitor and SLI ( GTX970 G1 Gamer) and in the out of the box P3d Profile from nvidia i now have as default setting: 

SLI rendering mode:  NVIDIA recommended (SLI) and i can tell you that GPU-z shows that both GPU`s are loaded equally. 

but i have to say with SLI enabled i have micro stutters , even with g-sync and between 30-45 FPS :(  With SLI Disabled it`s as smooth as butter. 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

I highly recommend the Acer XB270HU if you are looking for g-sync and higher resolution on a single GPU.  It's a 144 Hz IPS panel at 2560x1440p and it looks absolutely beautiful.  My GTX 980 can run that resolution at over 60 FPS (sometimes much higher e.g. project cars) with high/ultra settings in most games and I saw no significant difference in P3D performance over my old 1080p monitor.  Due to the higher resolution, I was able to turn SGSSAA down to 2x so the extra resolution was negated by lowered settings.  Check out the Linus Tech Tips review of the monitor for more information.

There are several new g-sync monitors coming out soon however including the Asus ultrawide mentioned above and an Asus 144 Hz IPS 4k panel.  But monitors are improving so fast right now that no matter which one you pick it's sure to be bested in no time.  You just have to make a decision and buy it.  

I do plan on giving my detailed g-sync impressions here shortly after I spend more time with it.  I'll probably start a new thread though.  

Ryan

Excellent new!  Took a gamble and ordered the ASUS ROG Swift.  I'll be moving from an ASUS 1440P IPS panel to the Swift, so I'd imagine I'll be downgrading in image quality - but hope G-Sync and 144hz outweigh that.  I looked into the Acer, and depending on my impressions on the new Swift (arriving tomorrow, Amazon ftw!) I may return the Switft and grab the Acer.  Both seem to have there fair share of quality control issues, so we'll see how things pan out.  My biggest complaint with P3D thus far has been the v-sync stutter, so it'll be a great day if G-Sync solves this for me!!

Side note, I'm curious how quickly ASUS will be releasing the new 27" IPS swift that was just announced, and what the price will be.  I may actually return the Swift that's en-route and wait for the IPS version if it'll be releasing fairly quickly!  Was very tempted to jump up to 4K, but I'm just not prepared to deal with the performance hit yet, and 1440 has been great for me thus far.  I'm only running a single Titan X, and can't justify adding another just to get reasonable performance on a 4K screen.  Another side note, the 980Ti released 4 days after my Titan X arrived.. ugh, could've purchased two of them for darn near the same price as the Titan.  Too late at this point, as I've already installed my water block and have it up and running.

Enough rambling, I appreciate the feedback on G-Sync!

I'm really tempted to pick one of those 27" monitors up, although I really should wait for the larger g-sync screens to hit the market. I think I'll drive right now to the nearest store and see if I can get a refund if it doesn't work as advertised.

EDIT: "nearest store" turned out to be not so near...  <_<

I picked up an Acer XB280HK on Amazon, 28" 4K G-Sync, and I absolutely love it. The only "downside" is that it isn't IPS, but I am absolutely pleased with how FSX/P3D look on it. After flying in 4K, you will wonder how you ever did without it. As long as you have the system to run it. I run an i7 4790k and GTX 970's in SLI and can usually run with acceptable frame rates.

Not to mention other games if you are into such things. I've been absolutely blown away with the looks of The Witcher 3, and spent way to many hours enjoying that if your into RPG's.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST