Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

PMDG + P3D +Windows 10....

Good afternoon,

I am wondering if anyone was brave enough to install Windows 10 yet. If so, has there been compatibility issues? I am very tempted to install it, but am nervous that my PMDG and other high end addons will cease to work properly. Any insight would be awesome. Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

before all the doom and gloom crowed joins in i have been on windows 10 for 2 months and all my flight sim programs ran as before i have had no problems.

pr3d i use pmdg 737 ngx and t7 with fs2crew, vainterface for fmc  on android

proatcx

asn

fscaptain

flightsim commander

opus

megascenary 2

spad

simstarter

also fsx runs fine to

hope that helps

regards ted kiser

I updated after the official release.

Using P3D 2.5 + hotfix 6 + PMDG (737 and 777) + ASN + ORBX (lot of products) + FSDT products etc.

Seems to be working better than before with Win7

Just curious, and I know it shouldn't have much effect, but has the VAS usage changed at all (either good or bad) while using W10?

I think it's OS related, but I didn't have any OOM after the upgrade and I was having some with Win 7

I actually did something I never usually do and went ahead with the in-place upgrade on my main PC, and everything works fine. No issues and I think a slight FPS increase but that is hard to quantify.

The only VAS impact the OS would have would be between x86 and x64, to my knowledge.

Not sure if NVidia with the latest driver is using DX12 from Win 10. Because without any tweak every CPU is loading very balanced. One of the improvements from DX 12 is exactly that, not using only the first core, but all of them.

I did have an issue where the quartz font was not installed into the OS fonts directory. (used in the NGX display). Right-clicking on the font inside the PMDG folder fixed it.

• Upvote 1

hi all have not posted for a while my question is I running windows 8.1 and no  issues with pmdg and asn

will windows 10 be any different or will I have issues using fsx any info would a help . thank you

Michael r carangelo

If you're wondering where your post went:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Edit:

This, unfortunately, includes helpful posts, posts that are humorous, and any other type of post. Posts that use clearly false names are also included in this. The simple remedy for this, of course, is simply providing a name.

To some who find this a terrible inconvenience, we can ensure that you are not burdened by typing here at all, too.

Hey, who says Teddybear Startwinkles The Third is not my real name?

Not so good regards,

Teddybear Startwinkles The Third

Hey, who says Teddybear Startwinkles The Third is not my real name?

Not so good regards,

Teddybear Startwinkles The Third

Common sense does. Please comply with the rules. It's a rather simple request.

On my computer everything works fine with Windows 10.

I only had a problem with upgrading. (windows 10) This was caused by OrbX. (found this solution on the internet)

I don't know why but Windows stops upgrading. After removing orbx the upgrade succeed and after reinstalling Orbx everything works fine.

I have the feeling that it is a little bit better on fps. ((2/3 more ) but not certain about that. Didn't test this properly

This was caused by OrbX. (found this solution on the internet)

Don't tease us, what's the problem and the solution and the source??

I found this http://forum.avsim.net/topic/472563-to-anyone-getting-the-0x80070004-0x3000d-on-install/ 

which refers to a zero length file named TODO that Orbx very sloppily puts in the windows start menu folder in the appdata\roaming\windows\...etc. area. Is that what you found?

PS:  That TODO file just got deleted here...

I love it that others are willing to try Windows 10. Thank you so much.

Sorry Dan,

You're right.

Here is where I found it:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-80070004-3000d-when-trying-to-install/01c85e4a-6ee6-4665-bdda-683e57d02eb3?auth=1

Fixed!

I got in touch with MS 3 times.

The first time the chap changed an OSWindowsUpdate registry entry but that didn't make a difference. The second time we used the Media Creation Tool option and again, no joy and same problem. The 3rd time, however, he deleted an empty folder from the Start menu (and I deleted a few more) and then ran the Media Creation Tool and it worked flawlessly.

So try this:

Go into your start menu C:\users\<youraccount>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete any empty folders. If you run a flight simulator, apparently the ORBX folder (scenery addon software) is specifically causing the issue. 

Once that's gone, then got to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install and download and run the Windows Update from there.

Thanks Eric. 

I have been having a nightmare installing this update. I think I have tried about 7 different times...all failed. I am going to use your method now and see if it works. 

Don't know how many people have had problems with the upgrade to win10 but I am one of them. First I couldn't complete the upgrade without first deleting a file out of an ORBX directory. Then FSX:SE would freeze/crash within the first 5 minutes of a flight. The only suggested fix that has worked so far is switching to dx10 preview mode. Just completed a short flight in the 737ngx and all went well (haven't tried the weather radar though). My best guess is that I have an dx9 issue. Or it could be FSX:SE related as I've seen more people with problems with win10 over on their forums.

John Knapp

My upgrade to WIN 10 went well, however after the upgrade was completed I tried to restart FSX (no joy),  Very slow - asked all the "trusted software" questions.  Took forever to load. I'm running DX 10 Scenery Fixer as well.  FSX was running very smooth in WIN 7.

My upgrade to WIN 10 went well, however after the upgrade was completed I tried to restart FSX (no joy),  Very slow - asked all the "trusted software" questions.  Took forever to load. I'm running DX 10 Scenery Fixer as well.  FSX was running very smooth in WIN 7.

You could decide to go to P3D. No need for fixer anymore, if FSX runs smooth on your computer than P3D should do as well.

And with the two tools from Flightsim Astonia you could install every FSX addon in P3D.

(Beware some addons had legal issues)

And with the two tools from Flightsim Astonia you could install every FSX addon in P3D.

Estonia.

...but this generally isn't a good idea anyway. Not only for the legal issues you mentioned, for the fact that it can cause issues with certain addons that even have P3D-specific installers. As an example, some of our testers saw issues with our aircraft with our P3D-specific installers. The tool was somehow interfering.

Estonia.

...but this generally isn't a good idea anyway. Not only for the legal issues you mentioned, for the fact that it can cause issues with certain addons that even have P3D-specific installers. As an example, some of our testers saw issues with our aircraft with our P3D-specific installers. The tool was somehow interfering.

Hi Kyle,

Estonia, you are right.

If I talk about add ons, I never think of airplanes. Only about scenery.

Never tried to install a FSX airplane. To tricky for me, I haven't got the knowledge to know certain if something works the way it should.

I'm running FSX in W10 in DirectX 9 mode with no problems at all. My aircraft "preview window" started working again after I deleted and allowed for a new FSX.cfg.

One thing I noticed is that UIautomationcore.dll was deleted automatically during the upgrade. Not sure why, but it was. I had to redownload it and replace it in the FSX root folder, and that's it.