Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Oh, Oh...Windows 10 just became available to me!

As many of you, I clicked on the Windows Icon on the bottom right of my screen to get the invitation to download Windows 10.  TODAY I got the "go ahead" to download it if I choose.  I downloaded it on my office laptop today (took about 40 minutes), and when I started using it, it was very cool and easy to use.  I really liked it.  But on my HOME computer, where FSX resides, I'm hesitating.  I almost can't resist clicking on the download button.  I think I'll be OK, but I'm a little apprehensive.  Should I be...or should I just DO IT!

Stan

I was excited to pull the trigger too, but at the end of the day it's just another OS, better than 8.1 but not jump for joy exciting. Just do it, compatibility has already been OK across the board, and p3d runs perfect on win 10. Go for it!

That's encouraging!  Will probably pull the trigger.

Stan

Me too.  I stare at it and go should I or shouldn't I??  Oh the dilemma!?  I think I will wait.  But I am closer to clicking the update.  

What to do... what to do..

Darcy

You have time. Reading across forums I have seen good and bad regarding upgrading. I'd monitor things for a bit before pulling that trigger. :unsure:

Go ahead. FSX runs very well after the installation and follow update.

That's encouraging!  Will probably pull the trigger.

I should mention one positive, if you had a disappearing joystick with win8.1, win 10 fixed it for me, others have reported the same.

DID IT!   A couple of little tweaks necessary, but it all works out.  Didn't see my FS Force joystick app (Dirk's FS Force) but I got it working.  I find it much, much faster just moving around the internet, and I need to check how FSX is working with Nvidia Inspector next.

Stan

I agree going to try and keep W7 64bit for as long as possible. I guess you can download it and burn it as an iso???

Then installinh from scratch, dropping the participation and such??

14ppkc-6.png

See, everything is good!

And Nick is not some sort of Windows guru on that page.

I am in the same boat, Win 10 is downloaded and ready to install, but I am hesitant because everything is working great right now.  If you upgrade to Win 10, do you have to reinstall P3D?

Thanks.

Jim

Oops, just realized this was in the FSX forum.  Sorry.