Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

Cheers, Rob.

Soooooo Rob, how are you doing,  anything strange or new with you :smile:  . Terrible weather were having,  should brighten up though. Are you busy these days. Your looking really well Rob, did you lose weight.   Oh me!!   Im doing fine thanks, still stuffing my fat face any chance i get,   Why thank you Rob, yes i've lost 7 pounds, found it again though.   So anyways I've run out of small talk now. :smile:

;)

This is the most important part of Robs Recent post regarding transparent ATC window.

I thought the biggest deal about DX12 was that VRAM on Different cards would be cumulative.

With DX11 if you have Y x GPU's with XGB of VRAM each then you still only have 1 x XGB of VRAM overall.

With DX12 if you have Y x GPU's with XGB of VRAM each then you have X x Y GB of VRAM Overall

Soooooo Rob, how are you doing, anything strange or new with you :smile: . Terrible weather were having, should brighten up though. Are you busy these days. Your looking really well Rob, did you lose weight. Oh me!! Im doing fine thanks, still stuffing my fat face any chance i get, Why thank you Rob, yes i've lost 7 pounds, found it again though. So anyways I've run out of small talk now. :smile:

.... not resorting to the dark art of womanly wiles I hope Elaine?? hehehehe  :Applause:  

I thought the biggest deal about DX12 was that VRAM on Different cards would be cumulative.

I've read the same, unfortunately each individual dx12 application would need to support this feature. It won't be across the board standard dx12 feature.

you probably did not try to import and manage a huge collection of bookmarks in different subfolders.

Boy is that on target! Anyone been successful organizing even new bookmarks the way YOU want to?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Seems we need another thread rename here: How about EDGE vs Chrome vs FireFox.

Better yet why doesn't someone start a new thread called: EDGE vs Chrome vs FireFox.

Just noticed something on YouTube,  Robs last couple of YouTube uploads (fantastic as always)  They don't have the usual  P3D 2.5 stamp on them.  

Have a peep yourself,   Is this V3 in action ?  Or is this old news and im the last to see these 

This looks like v2.5. I don't think Rob is allowed to show pictures or videos of v3 so far. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

Just noticed something on YouTube,  Robs last couple of YouTube uploads (fantastic as always)  They don't have the usual  P3D 2.5 stamp on them

https://youtu.be/7DfEVsvDLNw

:LMAO:

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

This looks like v2.5. I don't think Rob is allowed to show pictures or videos of v3 so far. 

Hmmm, i don't know  *Taping chin inquisitively"   Your probably rite though,  Maybe Rob has just changed the style of his videos  :spiteful:

Rob,  i lay my monitor on its back and held a telescope over your profile pic to see whats written on the banner your holding,  No clues there either  :smile:

Hmmm, i don't know  *Taping chin inquisitively"   Your probably rite though,  Maybe Rob has just changed the style of his videos  :spiteful:

I would bet the farm it is 3.0 as for spinning globe its very cool but has nothing to do with what version he is running

Rich Sennett

It could be V3 based on the flying circuits in the NGX and T7 at the new FB KSFO surrounded by Global, taking off and landing at the same HD international airport with 2048 textures with those aircraft and that level of scenery would certainly cause an OOM on my system with V2.5

However I understand the new FB KFSO is highly optimized and any time I have tried this it was with Full blown ORBX regions with less optimized addon airports and higher settings and I always got an OOM on final.

On the other hand I doubt it is V3 because I doubt they will us the exact same design for the GUI.

My final thought on it is that it is V2.5 and Rob is playing with us showing of his superior system! LOL!

On the other hand I doubt it is V3 because I doubt they will us the exact same design for the GUI.

Gui will be same why would they change that - other than transparent atc window some are screaming for - it will be the same

Rich Sennett

Rob, i lay my monitor on its back and held a telescope over your profile pic to see whats written on the banner your holding, No clues there either

It says "Prepar3D".

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69