Sign in to follow this  
tazz

P3D 3.0 Speculation & General Nonsense

V3 will have a "defeat device" code that becomes aware when you're trying to test it for OOM, and automatically reduces VAS "emissions".

This ^^^^   :drinks:

I just noticed that you have "EGNL" under your name, David. Do you live in Barrow-in-Furness, or on Walney Island?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My educated guess is LM will sort of follow the 2013 procedures: the coming month some news about new options will be posted on their site and somewhere in November the official announcement and release date will be given after which v3 will be released late November

Welcome to the competition Jeroen,  You would make a fine Mayor   :smile:

I would normally agree that the events of this release would be similar to the V2 release, but there is a different person in charge now and I have a feeling that they are just going to drop it on us on Monday.

So tomorrow is the day (maybe)    

We are now 99% sure that V3 will Not be 64bit,  also it wont have DX12.   There has to be little up the sleeve surprise,  what could that be................

Alas some comedic value redeeming the value of this thread.

[quote name="Poppet" post="3301887" timestamp="1443383200"

We are now 99% sure that V3 will Not be 64bit, also it wont have DX12. There has to be little up the sleeve surprise, what could that be................

I'll take a guess that it will be set up as a client-server app, so that some it can run on a network computer, saving VAS.

(1) Poppet                       10/Oct/15

(2) GaryH                       16/Nov/15

(3) Christopher Low        30/Nov/15

(4) SlowFlyer                  05/Jan/16

(5) DuthAir                      25/Nov15

(6) TheFlightSimGuy      30/Sep/15 

Good luck and god speed people   :smile:

DING DING DING!! I was right! I knew my "sources" would deliver.  :ph34r: Also turns out Rob's videos that people suspected were P3D actually were!

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

(6) TheFlightSimGuy      30/Sep/15 

Well congrats to TheFlightSimGuy,  he was spot on  :smile:

Now for the love of all things P3D,  LOCK this crazy thread   :Pig: 

LOL! I agree with Elaine!  Now there is no need for speculation. in a few days we can start new threads about our experiences with 3.0!

Shutting this one down....

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors