Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

News Briefs

Just to update everyone on our plans here at NineTwo Productions.

We have several things in the works:

- FreeMeshX 1.05 patch to clean up a few mesh errors reported over the summer

- Middle East update - updates mesh tiles with new high resolution data released last month by NASA

- FreeMeshX - USA expansion that bring the USA up to LOD12 (10-m)

The Middle East patch is special in that brings new updated high resolution data in this area and the Mediterranean that was not previously available when we first started work on FreeMeshX Global. We had to work with high-res and lower-res data in the 1.0 release, and this sometimes created problems we didn't catch that were remedied in patches 1.01-1.04. With the new data available, we can now create this area as we originally envisioned, and this will help bring new fidelity to the Mediterranean and Middle East. It will also make some of our patches obsolete, as it replaces much of the patched data, thus not dramatically increasing the size of the current FreeMeshX Global 1.04 installation.

We're looking to combine the Middle East update with the 1.05 patch, and released two versions of the patch. One will be an incremental patch for 1.04 users, and the other will be an all-in-one merged patch that brings a new user from 1.0 to 1.05 in just one patch.

Anyways, FreeMeshX - USA is under active development. No timetable for a release yet, but we are hoping or wishing we can have something ready for you guys for Christmas.

Here's some Alaska eyecandy to chew on.

ri6LVwK.png

NczQysi.png

1N59Kvp.png

Very Nice, Should not be asking about a Mesh for Fs9 as I don't know if one can be made for it. But any plans for that ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Great news flash Daniel, you guys rock!

Very Nice, Should not be asking about a Mesh for Fs9 as I don't know if one can be made for it. But any plans for that ?

You should do yourself a favour and switch to (at least) FSX, if for no other reason than to be able to enjoy FreemeshX. :Tounge:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Great news flash Daniel, you guys rock!

You should do yourself a favour and switch to (at least) FSX, if for no other reason than to be able to enjoy FreemeshX. :Tounge:

I have FSX SE but I don't use it. Because I am on a laptop :)

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Sorry, but we are not planning to create meshes for FS9. I don't even know where my copy has gone all these years.

Pics look FANTASTIC!! Can't wait, keep us posted, will download asap!

Curious, where's the revenue stream come from for this Daniel?  I can only imagine the time involved!

Thanks so much for your continuing support, Bravo! :Party:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks everyone!

Our Middle East update was finished well ahead of schedule today, replacing all instances of LOD9 in that area with LOD10 coverage, and also removing a huge headache trying to work with both LOD9 and LOD10 data simultaneously. We'll be spending lots of time testing it for quality assurance, as we plan to release in an all-in-one cumulative 1.5 patch when FMX-USA nears.

We can now focus heavily on FreeMeshX - USA development, and we've been quite happy with our NED source data so far. We're still working out how to best use this data. Obviously, LOD12 would be essential for the mountaineous regions, but areas such as the Great Plains may be left as LOD10 since they have no topography, and we can cut down on disk space usage by doing so. LOD12 is very data expensive, and we useless lossless compression in our files to ensure top quality. For example, a LO10 10 degree latitude by 10 degree longitude mesh tile would be about 300-400 MB. An LOD12 5 degree latitude by 5 degree longitude mesh tile, 1/4 the area, is about 1.5-1.8 GB of data!

Sierra Nevada preview:

atMh6hN.png

Navajo Mountain and Lake Powell (ok, probably too much chromatic aberration!) preview:

u2Yj9Id.jpg

Hope you know that your continued support is greatly appreciated! ( I could easily add another 100 exclamation points)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks!

We're doing some R & D to see how we can the lessen airport plateau effect that are sometimes a side effect of increased mesh accuracy. If done right, we can rid of most of these artifacts. We're striving to create the best USA mesh out there.