Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

I can confirm you have to untick the boxes again on the weekly official in the database management tab in the gui after updating.

I also can confirm that my ai is completely upto date with current liveries.  You just have to put a bit of effort in. and for 6 pounds Its a good buy.  Im currently tinkering with it as we speak

thanks

14ppkc-6.png

so after a few hours updating my ai, I can say that the update is fantastic.  well worth the cheap price and knocks the other ai programs out the ball park.  They have done some good updates and got rid of quite a few old airlines and added new ones.

also ai alpha group have just updated a load of the summer schedules for 2016.  so all in all a good update for a great price.

14ppkc-6.png

Yep, which is why I uninstalled UT2 from my FSX-SE installation and replaced it with WOAI. At least I'm going to spend time revising models and liveries, I might as well have a big freeware community behind me. After a while, seeing all those Daedelus Express aircraft gets a bit tiring. Unfortunately, FSX and P3d do not have a viable 3rd party AI traffic option that is realistic, kept up to date and easy to maintain.

Is this difficult to do Jay? All I'm really looking for is some nice airline aircraft parked at my favorite major airports. I don't want the hit that goes along with UT2, although that's what I'm currently using..

Thanks,

Mark

I cant see any airline traffic, I have installed the new 2016 pack and after I installed i couldnt see any airliners.

Similar issue here with p3d v3.4.9 + 2.10 of UT2 + 2016 schedules.. despite unchecking GA, and leaving airlines as only on (90%) with p3d sliders at zero.. i only see GA type traffic, maybe 1 airline (small commuter jet usually) for ever 20 GA (again, GA is OFF, so this is odd).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hey sky,

Up here in CYMM. Havent flown since I got burned out in the wildfire. Can't wait to get back. I digress. I installed UT2 in P3D 3. Read that UT2 poulated AI. Turned P3D sliders to 0. No AI. Movved AI sliders right and got AI. If you have tried that, please disregard with my apologies. Poppet has an excellent tutorial on installing UT2 in P3D. If you'd like to look over some additional reference, check this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igxdv2u4ngfmr54/AABCvllwK-fEAPvfbtz-5nZ_a?dl=0

Cheers

The P3D AI sliders do not affect the UT2 AI traffic density. They are controlled by the settings in the UT2 software.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hey sky,

Up here in CYMM. Havent flown since I got burned out in the wildfire. Can't wait to get back. I digress. I installed UT2 in P3D 3. Read that UT2 poulated AI. Turned P3D sliders to 0. No AI. Movved AI sliders right and got AI. If you have tried that, please disregard with my apologies. Poppet has an excellent tutorial on installing UT2 in P3D. If you'd like to look over some additional reference, check this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igxdv2u4ngfmr54/AABCvllwK-fEAPvfbtz-5nZ_a?dl=0

Cheers

my issue turned out to be an extra ] (bracket) in the simobjects.cfg file.. so the traffic wasnt really being loaded.. removed that and suddenly i have around 100 airplanes depending on airport for a 90/30 split (with p3d sliders at zero)..

I think the only time you would increase/use the p3d sliders is for autogenerated scenery aircraft?

Only thing is, i have many airplanes now, but not too many are parked or loading at the airport (unlike other ut2 videos out there that seem to show traffic at the actual airport).. i have airport traffic set to off in the p3d slider.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Hi Sky,

I had no airport AI traffic either until I took the sliders right of zero. Maybe set GA and Commercial to 10% and see result. Again, if you've gone down that road, please ignore this eith my apologies.

Hi Sky,

I had no airport AI traffic either until I took the sliders right of zero. Maybe set GA and Commercial to 10% and see result. Again, if you've gone down that road, please ignore this eith my apologies.

Hi Graham,

If you have AI traffic in the skies but none at the airport there's something wrong with the entry in simobjects.cfg.

Traffic sliders in the P3D program settings do not control UT2 traffic densities. If you're using UT2, traffic density is set using "Ultimate Traffic 2.exe".

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi Graham,

If you have AI traffic in the skies but none at the airport there's something wrong with the entry in simobjects.cfg.

Traffic sliders in the P3D program settings do not control UT2 traffic densities. If you're using UT2, traffic density is set using "Ultimate Traffic 2.exe".

Thanks Jay,

I was referencing a post from theshyisthelimit. I had to take a hiatus from our pastime for awhile. I did find that if my traffic sliders were at zero in P3D, I had no airport traffic using UT2. When I get back up and running, I will be sure to double check my simobjects.cfg entry. Question: do you use only the 'Path' entry or also 'Required', 'Active', etc?

Thanks Jay,

I was referencing a post from theshyisthelimit. I had to take a hiatus from our pastime for awhile. I did find that if my traffic sliders were at zero in P3D, I had no airport traffic using UT2. When I get back up and running, I will be sure to double check my simobjects.cfg entry. Question: do you use only the 'Path' entry or also 'Required', 'Active', etc?

I just copied from an existing entry, changing things to show the UT2 Aircraft path. I put "required=false" cuz at times I fly with no AI traffic or MyTraffic 6.

Sorry to hear you got burned out. I can't begin to understand what that would feel like. Chin up and all that.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Sorry to hear you got burned out. I can't begin to understand what that would feel like. Chin up and all that.

Thanks. It all comes out in the wash.

For those that say they "cull" the plane count to being 100 or so loaded at most any given time..

How are they doing this?  Via the UT2 interface?  If so.. i tried setting mine to 100.. but despite this when i view the count in SuperTrafficboard i still see 150 at times, or 130 etc..

I believe a redesigned UT2 is sorely needed for P3D. I heard Flight1 is working on upgrading the good ole UT2? Any news on that front? anyone?

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

That is probably the easiest way to get it working in P3dv3 is to have UT2 installed to FSX, then simply add the UT2 Aircraft to the simobjects.cfg as well as copy the UT2services entry from the FSX exe.xml to your P3dv3 exe.xml.. Simple as that.

Could someone specifiy on how to do that? I have UT2 installed in my FSX. Now have installed P3d 3.4. on the same SSD. What files or lines of code do I have to copy? How do I exactly add the UT2 Aircraft to the simobjects.cfg?